Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-13-2022, 10:08 AM   #8341
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Define sin.
Unfalsifiable.

Read the bible. Scripture defines sin.

And yes, it is falsifiable. There is not a person in this world who has never sinned -- including you.

And we know the world is morally/spiritually broken because of the Law of Distrust -- a universal principle that Hcap and I argued about quite a bit back in the day. The world does not operate or function on the presumption of trust; rather, it functions on the universal principle of distrust.

P.S. Don't bother Googling this principle because it's a biblical one that the world is unaware due to its ubiquitous nature. Distrusting our fellow man is as natural to us as breathing.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:30 AM   #8342
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
But God knows time since he created it and lived in it in the person of his Son!
Statements like the above is one reason it takes me awhile to respond to you. You show how spiritually ignorant you are while pretending you "know" something about God.

If you ever experienced God you would know that time does not really exist. Past present and future are all one. In order to know what I just said, your consciousness has to go beyond the mundane illusory experience such as when one goes into meditation. You belittle mediation calling it "Hocus Pocus' but your naivety is the "Hocus pocus". Meditation is simply you going within you. Time is not part of reality. Clock time is man made. There are no clocks or calendars in Heaven or Hell.

If you are put in solitary confinement, you wouldn't know if its day or night which proves time isn't real because its not intrinsic to our consciousness or senses.

When God said "Be still and know I am God", it meant

A) stop your internal dialog of thoughts, and when you do that

B) time stops because time is not real, and neither are those thoughts. They disappear like your dreams from sleeping

When time stops,you can experience God in the "stillness" of your being. That is reality and where God resides, in the timeless.

When you are thinking a mile a minute you are caught up in the illusions of your mind which operates in the illusion of time. You cannot access God in that realm. It's unreal. You must go beyond time and space. This is the wisdom Jesus understood when he said the Kingdom of God is within. The door to Gods Kingdom within you is where it cannot be seen. It can only be accessed by your "stillness" which becomes your awareness on a higher level of consciousness and communication with God.

Everything I have said is from my own experience of mediating for over 40 years. This is not a theory or something I read in a book.

I realize this is way over your head. Eventually you will understand. Maybe next lifetime.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2022, 09:48 AM   #8343
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Statements like the above is one reason it takes me awhile to respond to you. You show how spiritually ignorant you are while pretending you "know" something about God.

If you ever experienced God you would know that time does not really exist. Past present and future are all one. In order to know what I just said, your consciousness has to go beyond the mundane illusory experience such as when one goes into meditation. You belittle mediation calling it "Hocus Pocus' but your naivety is the "Hocus pocus". Meditation is simply you going within you. Time is not part of reality. Clock time is man made. There are no clocks or calendars in Heaven or Hell.

If you are put in solitary confinement, you wouldn't know if its day or night which proves time isn't real because its not intrinsic to our consciousness or senses.

When God said "Be still and know I am God", it meant

A) stop your internal dialog of thoughts, and when you do that

B) time stops because time is not real, and neither are those thoughts. They disappear like your dreams from sleeping

When time stops,you can experience God in the "stillness" of your being. That is reality and where God resides, in the timeless.

When you are thinking a mile a minute you are caught up in the illusions of your mind which operates in the illusion of time. You cannot access God in that realm. It's unreal. You must go beyond time and space. This is the wisdom Jesus understood when he said the Kingdom of God is within. The door to Gods Kingdom within you is where it cannot be seen. It can only be accessed by your "stillness" which becomes your awareness on a higher level of consciousness and communication with God.

Everything I have said is from my own experience of mediating for over 40 years. This is not a theory or something I read in a book.

I realize this is way over your head. Eventually you will understand. Maybe next lifetime.
God is immutable and cannot change in his eternal state. Therefore, the only way God could have become a man in his eternal Son is by leaving his eternal abode to enter space and time -- to enter into his own creation. Even the Laws of Logic require this!

Furthermore, even your "best friend" taught the truth about time. For example, the resurrection will take place at a specific time in human history: It will occur on the last day. In eternity there is no such day -- only TODAY!

Last edited by boxcar; 05-14-2022 at 09:50 AM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2022, 02:03 PM   #8344
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Furthermore, even your "best friend" taught the truth about time. For example, the resurrection will take place at a specific time in human history: It will occur on the last day.
Of course Jesus had to refer to specific times. But even though clock time is used for the practical purpose of functioning in this world, it does not mean its real or part of reality.

Quote:
In eternity there is no such day -- only TODAY!
Glad you understand that. But its more like there is only NOW. I'll give you an example. As I type this message, am I in the present or the past or the future?

As soon as I say or write something, it instantly becomes the past via nanoseconds. What I haven't written is in the future but is waiting for me to access it in the present.

Point is the present is instantly becoming the past an the future is instantly becoming the present which instantly becomes the past. The question is, does the past instantly become the present for a full circle of time

If I tell you I want you to look at your past life and in a minute I will tell you what I want you to pick out in your life, you can bring up your entire life in a instant in your head. It's there waiting for you in the present.

It doesn't matter that I tell you pick out the decade of the 1970's and tell me what you felt then. 2022 is as real or unreal as the 1970's because it all exists in your consciousness at the same time.

The "flow" of time is only our minds way of making sense of events chronologically. In reality they all exist simultaneously in the NOW of our consciousness.

People who have had NDE's and reviews of their life all say when they are shown their past, its not like they are watching a movie of themselves. Its like its happening to them NOW. All the sensations, tastes, smells, feelings etc are there. The pain or joy they experience of their past is their NOW.

"Time" is no longer a barrier or a splintering between past, present and future because it isn't real and doesn't exist in the spirit world.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:40 PM   #8345
boxcar

Quote:
Of course Jesus had to refer to specific times. But even though clock time is used for the practical purpose of functioning in this world, it does not mean its real or part of reality.
Why do we need time to function!? When we step into the dimension of eternity, there will be no vestiges of time. For example in the eternal kingdom, which will be here on earth, there will be no sun or moon or stars. Again, these celestial bodies were created for the sole purpose of governing time -- for days, weeks, months, years, seasons, etc. In eternity there will be no such thing.

And you completely ignored my argument about God's immutabilty. God LEFT his eternal state in order to take on flesh and to assume humanity here in space and time. It's impossible for an eternal God to change in his eternal existence. The only way he could do that was enter into his temporal creation.

Quote:
Glad you understand that. But its more like there is only NOW. I'll give you an example. As I type this message, am I in the present or the past or the future?

As soon as I say or write something, it instantly becomes the past via nanoseconds. What I haven't written is in the future but is waiting for me to access it in the present.
In eternity, nothing becomes anything. So you just contradicted yourself and supported my argument that Time is a creation of God.
Old 05-14-2022, 04:22 PM   #8346
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Read the bible. Scripture defines sin.
Book, chapter and verse?
Quote:
And yes, it is falsifiable.
How?
Old 05-14-2022, 04:37 PM   #8347
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Why do we need time to function!?
You are still not understanding the difference between "clock time" a human construct (for logistics) and no time in God's world (reality).

Quote:
When we step into the dimension of eternity, there will be no vestiges of time. For example in the eternal kingdom, which will be here on earth, there will be no sun or moon or stars. Again, these celestial bodies were created for the sole purpose of governing time -- for days, weeks, months, years, seasons, etc. In eternity there will be no such thing.
You can't be that stupid! The sole purpose of the sun and moon are for "governing time"? Go back to grade school. Life on Earth couldn't exist without either.

Quote:
And you completely ignored my argument about God's immutability. God LEFT his eternal state in order to take on flesh and to assume humanity here in space and time.
God didn't "leave" anything. God is multidimensional and omnipresent. Go back to catechism class.

Quote:
It's impossible for an eternal God to change in his eternal existence. The only way he could do that was enter into his temporal creation.
That is a self contradictory statement.

Quote:
In eternity, nothing becomes anything. So you just contradicted yourself and supported my argument that Time is a creation of God.
According to archaeological evidence, the Babylonians and Egyptians began to measure time at least 5,000 years ago, not God.
Old 05-14-2022, 06:32 PM   #8348
boxcar

Quote:
You are still not understanding the difference between "clock time" a human construct (for logistics) and no time in God's world (reality).
Temporal reality is not God's world. Eternity is God's world.

Quote:
You can't be that stupid! The sole purpose of the sun and moon are for "governing time"? Go back to grade school. Life on Earth couldn't exist without either.
Yup. As stated earlier, the ceesital bodies will no longer exist in the eternal new heavebs and new earth in which God and his saints will LIVE forever.

Quote:
God didn't "leave" anything. God is multidimensional and omnipresent. Go back to catechism class.
Wrong! The Second Person of the Godhead left his eternal abode in heaven to dwell among the sons of men. Unlike us, Jesus came from above. Jesus said so quite often.

Quote:
That is a self contradictory statement.
No it isn't. Jesus couldn't change his eternal state in heaven. In order for him to become fully human, he had to enter temporal reality to BECOME incarnate -- to become fully human.

Quote:
According to archaeological evidence, the Babylonians and Egyptians began to measure time at least 5,000 years ago, not God.
According to the creation account in Genesis, which long precedes the existence of both those empires, time began at the time of creation. God created the universe in six days. IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED.... There is no beginning or end (last day) in eternity.
Old 05-14-2022, 06:34 PM   #8349
boxcar

Quote:
Book, chapter and verse?
How?
Go to Got Questions.org.

And, yes, sin is falsifiable. I explained the universal Law of Distrust to you.
Old 05-14-2022, 07:45 PM   #8350
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Go to Got Questions.org.
And ask what? It does not like "define sin" or "what is sin?"

Quote:
And, yes, sin is falsifiable.
I did not ask if sin is falsifiable. I stated that your claim that "... no one who has come into this world through procreation can be sinless per the scriptures" is unfalsifiable. I.e., your response is a straw man. If it is falsifiable then describe the experiment. What is your control? What would you measure?

Last edited by Actor; 05-14-2022 at 07:52 PM.
Actor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2022, 07:50 PM   #8351
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I explained the universal Law of Distrust to you.
No you did not. This so-called "law" is something you pull out of your ass whenever you don't have an argument.

State the law precisely. Then, as the claimant, the burden of proof is yours.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:01 PM   #8352
boxcar

Quote:
And ask what? It does not like "define sin" or "what is sin?"
The site has a search engine.

Quote:
I did not ask if sin is falsifiable. I stated that your claim that "... no one who has come into this world through procreation can be sinless per the scriptures" is unfalsifiable. I.e., your response is a straw man. If it is falsifiable then describe the experiment. What is your control? What would you measure?
The Law of Distrust says that the ENTIRE world is broken. Futhermore, only mega egomaniacs would ever claim to be sinless.. The vast majority of us know that we're not perfect.; hence, the old adage: "To err is to be human." But perfect is not only what God is but what he demands of us.

Only one man claimed to be without sin: The God-Man Jesus Christ.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:18 PM   #8353
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
The site has a search engine.
What it has is the answers to 691,693 questions. If your question is not one of those then you get nothing.

Quote:
Futhermore, only mega egomaniacs would ever claim to be sinless..

Only one man claimed to be without sin: The God-Man Jesus Christ.
Ergo, the "God-Man Jesus Christ" (whose very existence is very much in doubt) must have been a "mega egomaniac."
Old 05-15-2022, 08:01 AM   #8354
boxcar

Quote:
What it has is the answers to 691,693 questions. If your question is not one of those then you get nothing.

Ergo, the "God-Man Jesus Christ" (whose very existence is very much in doubt) must have been a "mega egomaniac."
Actually the God-Man Jesus Christ came into this world as a lowly, humble servant to serve us. But at the same time, he came to fulfill God's holy which he did perfectly.

You don't know how to use the search feature on the site? Type in this question: "What is sin?" The the very first link answers that question. Or if you just type "sin", the 5th link will define sin for you.
Old 05-15-2022, 08:24 PM   #8355
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Actually the God-Man Jesus Christ came into this world as a lowly, humble servant to serve us. But at the same time, he came to fulfill God's holy which he did perfectly.
The problem being that it is highly doubtful that this "God-Man" ever existed. On the off-chance that some itinerant preacher named Jesus did exist the idea that he rose from the dead is absolutely ridiculous.

Quote:
Type in this question: "What is sin?" The the very first link answers that question. Or if you just type "sin", the 5th link will define sin for you.
So sin is "transgression against the law of God," etc., etc. The problem being that there is absolutely no evidence that any deity exists.

Studies have been done. Those most likely to reject the God Hypothesis are (1)highly intelligent and (2)highly educated. Those most likely to accept the God Hypothesis are (1)of low intelligence and/or (2)poorly educated.