Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-03-2023, 12:04 AM   #1
Nitro

Cool College Footfall Final 4 Selections

My choices for the Final 4 College Championship in no particular order:

Washington……………Michigan…………….Florida State……………Texas
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2023, 02:23 AM   #2
Dahoss2002

I agree for the most part. The old BCS 2 team format would have made this one simpler. Washington and Michigan or vice versa. Having 4 teams actually makes this year more complicated
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2023, 02:25 AM   #3
kingfin66
Bombardier

That Alabama win over Georgia sure messed things up, didn't it.

1. Michigan
2. Washington

Those two seem locked in since they were two and three going into the weekend and both won their games.

Georgia was the #1 team all season and lost a close game to a team that has improved constantly all season. It seems hard to keep them out, except...

Florida State was also undefeated, albeit less impressively than Washington and Michigan. Their last couple of games were lackluster, but they had their back and third string (freshman) QBs playing. An undefeated team has never been excluded that I am aware. They deserve to be in.

3. Florida State

Ohio State is a great team that had a great season until the Michigan game. They have an argument, but not as big an argument as the SEC winner.

Alabama steadily improved all season after losing to Texas early. I am still not sold on their QBs ability to throw the ball consistently, but they are the SEC champions. I will take them as the 4th team.

4. Alabama

Texas has an impressive win against Oklahoma State and a great season. They went into the weekend ranked #7 in the playoff rankings, one step ahead of Alabama. They deserve to go, but I am staying with the SEC champs. Life is not fair.

Seven teams for 4 spots is just a difficult situation. This will be resolved next year when the playoff goes to 12 teams, but then the 13th and 14th teams will have an argument. The selections above are what I think will happen. What I would really like to see is the exclusion of FSU and the inclusion of Georgia (sorry Texas).
Old 12-04-2023, 10:48 PM   #4
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss2002 View Post
I agree for the most part. The old BCS 2 team format would have made this one simpler. Washington and Michigan or vice versa. Having 4 teams actually makes this year more complicated
Great point. If there was ever a year to make a case for a 2 team only championship game, this year was it.

12 in next year, I hope ccg's disappear next year. If you're a 5 thru 7 seed it's 12 regular season games + 4 cfp games. 16... add ccg and it's 17. Too many
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2023, 10:42 AM   #5
Someday Silent

Unfortunately the ACC isn’t a strong division. FL State’s biggest win came against Clemson…and as someone who’s married to a die-hard Clemson fan, that’s not enough to put a team in the top echelon.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply