Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-16-2023, 08:54 AM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: Saturday, September 16

Race One:

As I sip my coffee, black, no sugar, I’ve begun to handicap today’s Belmont at Aqueduct card. In this first race, a 90k, 6 and 1/2 furlongs, MSW sprint, I’ve landed on a M/L long-shot. I must warn you, this pick is not for the "feint o’ heart.” Now, before you say, “Tu sei pazzo!” Before you utter, “Abuelo loco!” Before you blurt out: "Groisseh meshugunah, hear me out. I’ve selected, in this Baq opener: IGNITE THE LIGHT. You may, at this juncture, be saying, “Now I know marijuana’s legal in many states, including Massachusetts, but where’d you come up with this pick? Are you into scripture? You know, The Book of Genesis: “Let there be light…”

Frankly, my rationale is more of the equine variety. I’m particularly intrigued by this first-timer’s genealogy, you know, "family tree," particularly on this colt's dam’s side. This 2-year-old's broodmare is: By The Light. Over a dozen years ago, By The Light was one of the top "distaffers" competing on NYRA circuit. She won her first five races; she then finished second. In her very next race she won the Prioress at Saratoga.

In a nutshell, this mare had an outstanding racing career. Now, can I say, “Like mother, like son?” The breeding's there. The question remains, “Did it translate?” Put another way, can this Into Mischief-bred win at first-asking? I, for one, am willing to wager “a bob or two” to find out. Jose Gomez is in the irons for Rick Dutrow.

Yet, in closing, I would urge you, just in case, to “Buy insurance.” Thus, I’m offering other possibilities: , , , .

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2023, 06:35 PM   #2
shout1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach View Post
Race One:

As I sip my coffee, black, no sugar, I’ve begun to handicap today’s Belmont at Aqueduct card. In this first race, a 90k, 6 and 1/2 furlongs, MSW sprint, I’ve landed on a M/L long-shot. I must warn you, this pick is not for the "feint o’ heart.” Now, before you say, “Tu sei pazzo!” Before you utter, “Abuelo loco!” Before you blurt out: "Groisseh meshugunah, hear me out. I’ve selected, in this Baq opener: IGNITE THE LIGHT. You may, at this juncture, be saying, “Now I know marijuana’s legal in many states, including Massachusetts, but where’d you come up with this pick? Are you into scripture? You know, The Book of Genesis: “Let there be light…”

Frankly, my rationale is more of the equine variety. I’m particularly intrigued by this first-timer’s genealogy, you know, "family tree," particularly on this colt's dam’s side. This 2-year-old's broodmare is: By The Light. Over a dozen years ago, By The Light was one of the top "distaffers" competing on NYRA circuit. She won her first five races; she then finished second. In her very next race she won the Prioress at Saratoga.

In a nutshell, this mare had an outstanding racing career. Now, can I say, “Like mother, like son?” The breeding's there. The question remains, “Did it translate?” Put another way, can this Into Mischief-bred win at first-asking? I, for one, am willing to wager “a bob or two” to find out. Jose Gomez is in the irons for Rick Dutrow.

Yet, in closing, I would urge you, just in case, to “Buy insurance.” Thus, I’m offering other possibilities: , , , .

7 horse field and you give us 5 horses

thanks
shout1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2023, 09:23 PM   #3
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by shout1966 View Post
7 horse field and you give us 5 horses

thanks
At lesst he had his coffee...At a Holiday Inn Express
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply