Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 07-17-2023, 10:28 AM   #1
QuarterCrack

TimeformUS - DRF version versus TFUS website

I reached out to DRF about this but didn't get any response, figured I'd throw it out here in case anyone might have some insight. Maybe CJ might know.

I noticed on the TFUS blog site and in the TFUS free sample race of the day at DRF.com, the graphic display of the TimeformUS PPs has an upgraded, cleaner look to it compared to the conventional graphics of the PPs when viewed directly from the TimeformUS website.

As a result, I ordered my next monthly subscription for TFUS through the DRF website instead of directly through the TimeformUS website, as I had always done in the past.

However, when I go to the PPs through DRF, it just redirects me to the PPs on the actual TimeformUS website, and so the graphics are the same as the (older) version on the site instead of the new upgraded look I saw on DRF.

I wanted to know if maybe I'm missing something and there is a way to view the PPs in the newer DRF-looking format, or perhaps this is just how it is and the newer look has not been fully implemented yet. If this is the case, I'll just order direct through TFUS in future, no need to add the extra layer of DRF if it doesn't provide any value. It just seems odd and I feel like I might be missing something.

Thanks for any info!
QuarterCrack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2023, 11:01 AM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterCrack View Post
I reached out to DRF about this but didn't get any response, figured I'd throw it out here in case anyone might have some insight. Maybe CJ might know.

I noticed on the TFUS blog site and in the TFUS free sample race of the day at DRF.com, the graphic display of the TimeformUS PPs has an upgraded, cleaner look to it compared to the conventional graphics of the PPs when viewed directly from the TimeformUS website.

As a result, I ordered my next monthly subscription for TFUS through the DRF website instead of directly through the TimeformUS website, as I had always done in the past.

However, when I go to the PPs through DRF, it just redirects me to the PPs on the actual TimeformUS website, and so the graphics are the same as the (older) version on the site instead of the new upgraded look I saw on DRF.

I wanted to know if maybe I'm missing something and there is a way to view the PPs in the newer DRF-looking format, or perhaps this is just how it is and the newer look has not been fully implemented yet. If this is the case, I'll just order direct through TFUS in future, no need to add the extra layer of DRF if it doesn't provide any value. It just seems odd and I feel like I might be missing something.

Thanks for any info!
I don't know much about this, I'm still mostly using the old site until the charts are available at DRF. I would write to Lonnie at DRF. If you need his email address, Private Message me here.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2023, 10:15 AM   #3
classhandicapper

The new TimformUS site just added a very significant enhancement. If you enter card, trip, or horse notes via Formulator, they also appear in TimeformUS and vice versa. For note takers, just having a good set of readable notes in TimeformUS is a major plus, but for people that use both products (like me), it's a gigantic enhancement. You can move in and out of each product to gain the advantages of each without losing important information on the screen.
Old 11-17-2023, 10:33 AM   #4
classhandicapper

I'm surprised this TimeformUS/DRF enhancement didn't generate any comments.
Old 11-17-2023, 11:38 AM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I'm surprised this TimeformUS/DRF enhancement didn't generate any comments.
I'm just starting to really use the DRF TimeformUS version. I'm stubborn and was waiting for all the features.
Old 11-18-2023, 02:16 PM   #6
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I'm just starting to really use the DRF TimeformUS version. I'm stubborn and was waiting for all the features.
I was doing the same thing. Then I saw a Twitter post from Scott Carson announcing this enhancement and realized it was time to switch.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 11-18-2023 at 02:26 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2023, 03:38 PM   #7
GMB@BP

Quote:
agree, there are just a couple things I like from the main site that are not there yet.

The notes though is a welcomed feature.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2023, 04:43 PM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
agree, there are just a couple things I like from the main site that are not there yet.

The notes though is a welcomed feature.
Which things?
Old 11-22-2023, 01:08 AM   #9
TurfmonsterLV

Quote:
Which things?
Will the condensed mode printout be available at DRF?
TurfmonsterLV is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2023, 04:42 PM   #10
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfmonsterLV View Post
Will the condensed mode printout be available at DRF?
I'm not sure, I do know I was asked to explain what it was recently so maybe this is why. I'll try to find out after the holiday weekend.
Old 12-16-2023, 09:27 PM   #11
totemastergeneral

The new format irritates me when in the heat of battle.

1) The feature with projected odds doesn't work on its own. If you're in the card and just click on to the next race it will never come up. You have to go back to the PP menu and select the card again and then go to the race.

2) Scratches don't update all the time/correctly. See Turfway R8 coming up tonight. is scratched and was supposedly going to apply some cheap pressure to the Cox favorite on the front end. But the Pace Projector doesn't update.

Attached Images
File Type: png No Updates.png (348.1 KB, 22 views)
totemastergeneral is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2023, 10:47 PM   #12
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by totemastergeneral View Post
The new format irritates me when in the heat of battle.

1) The feature with projected odds doesn't work on its own. If you're in the card and just click on to the next race it will never come up. You have to go back to the PP menu and select the card again and then go to the race.

2) Scratches don't update all the time/correctly. See Turfway R8 coming up tonight. is scratched and was supposedly going to apply some cheap pressure to the Cox favorite on the front end. But the Pace Projector doesn't update.
Isn't Turfway a Churchill track? I don't think we are able to do a lot with those tracks that involves the live tote board. I'll forward your comments to someone that will know the issues and get back to you.
Old 12-16-2023, 10:54 PM   #13
totemastergeneral

I just happen to have posted now while playing Turfway. It's always like this.

100% always have to click back to the menu and then back to the card and to the next race to get the toteboard stuff like projected odds, and they do show up once you do that. If that was a CDI thing they'd never appear.

Sometimes the scratches and the pace projector have worked properly. But I am pretty sure it's not that it works with non-CDI tracks and doesn't when it is CDI. And that's not really live toteboard stuff so I don't think that's what you were referring to there.
Old 12-17-2023, 12:04 AM   #14
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by totemastergeneral View Post
I just happen to have posted now while playing Turfway. It's always like this.

100% always have to click back to the menu and then back to the card and to the next race to get the toteboard stuff like projected odds, and they do show up once you do that. If that was a CDI thing they'd never appear.

Sometimes the scratches and the pace projector have worked properly. But I am pretty sure it's not that it works with non-CDI tracks and doesn't when it is CDI. And that's not really live toteboard stuff so I don't think that's what you were referring to there.
Alright, that helps, I'll get it into the right people's hands.
Old 12-17-2023, 10:12 AM   #15
totemastergeneral

Thank you