Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

View Poll Results: How do you feel about gun control laws?
Current laws infringe on our rights and should be weakened 21 17.80%
Current laws are just fine, thanks. We don't need anything more 28 23.73%
Current laws are not satisfactory, there are "common sense" adjustments that should be made 69 58.47%
Voters: 118. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 08:01 AM   #631
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Except for the fact the the young generations is mostly too lazy to be counted on to actually go out and vote.

Marching for faux causes and dumping trash all over the streets
pretty much is all the little piggies have the energy to do.
None of my LIBERAL girlfriends 3 sons 20,23,25 have ever voted, claiming they are too busy, of course they all play video games 10+ hours a week.
She always votes and said she was disappointed in them. When she told me of her disappointment I said I am glad they stayed home as they are all Democrats.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:26 AM   #632
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
I don't think he could have killed as many people if he would have only had a handgun or rifle, there is no need for a citizen to have a military assault rifle, if you feel you need one of those to protect yourself, you must be very scared of something, it seems like guns are more valued than the lives of children, nothing wrong with owning a gun to protect your home and family but that can be accomplished without the use of big guns that can kill many in a short amount of time. Other countries have had mass shootings but not even close to the rate of the U.S, what is the reason for that?
If, God forbid, some wacko walks into a classroom with a Remington pump shotgun loaded with #1 buckshot and starts firing -- 90 projectiles in less than 5 seconds -- and kills or maims 20 kids, would you want to ban duck guns as well?
Old 04-03-2018, 08:57 AM   #633
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
If, God forbid, some wacko walks into a classroom with a Remington pump shotgun loaded with #1 buckshot and starts firing -- 90 projectiles in less than 5 seconds -- and kills or maims 20 kids, would you want to ban duck guns as well?

For some odd reason people are selecting an AR-15 or equivalent as a weapon of choice in a mass shooting when most of the time they give no advantage and can be somewhat of a disadvantage. A couple 9mm pistols one in each hand would wreck way more carnage than a rifle in close quarters and would be easier to conceal. Also for the uninformed anti gun liberal you can buy 32 round magazines for 9mm pistols for $24.95 all day long. Most anti gun liberals seem to think only an AR-15 can hold lots of bullets and also those bullets are magic, doing things other bullets don't.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:03 AM   #634
mrhorseplayer

if youi tape the clips together you have an easier way to reload.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:04 AM   #635
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
None of my LIBERAL girlfriends 3 sons 20,23,25 have ever voted, claiming they are too busy, of course they all play video games 10+ hours a week.
She always votes and said she was disappointed in them. When she told me of her disappointment I said I am glad they stayed home as they are all Democrats.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:35 AM   #636
elysiantraveller

Quote:
For some odd reason people are selecting an AR-15 or equivalent as a weapon of choice in a mass shooting when most of the time they give no advantage and can be somewhat of a disadvantage. A couple 9mm pistols one in each hand would wreck way more carnage than a rifle in close quarters and would be easier to conceal. Also for the uninformed anti gun liberal you can buy 32 round magazines for 9mm pistols for $24.95 all day long. Most anti gun liberals seem to think only an AR-15 can hold lots of bullets and also those bullets are magic, doing things other bullets don't.
Automatic Glock 18 with 100 Round Drum.

No FanDan, we can't personally own one....
Old 04-03-2018, 10:51 AM   #637
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Most anti gun liberals seem to think only an AR-15 can hold lots of bullets and also those bullets are magic, doing things other bullets don't.
The AR-15 is a more powerful weapon and does more damage though...there IS a difference...
Old 04-03-2018, 10:55 AM   #638
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

AR-15s are only dangerous if they are not maintained properly.
You have to make sure there is not a loose nut on the trigger.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:00 AM   #639
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
AR-15s are only dangerous if they are not maintained properly.
You have to make sure there is not a loose nut on the trigger.
This explains a lot.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:08 AM   #640
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The AR-15 is a more powerful weapon and does more damage though...there IS a difference...
There are many other rifles that fire the same ammo and can accept "hi-cap" magazines. One of the most popular is the Ruger Mini-14.

The Ruger is largely ignored by gun grabbers because it doesn't look evil. It doesn't have a pistol grip or a bayonet mount or a folding stock, all defining features under the old assault weapons ban. For the most part, it is functionally equivalent to an AR-15.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:14 AM   #641
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Got any links to ballistic tests done on flesh or simulated flesh done by an unbiased source that proves that? I can't see how an AR-15 bullet with their typical design would do more damage at close range than a 9mm hollow point.
I understand the extra velocity from the extra powder, but with the bullet design wouldn't that just make for easier penetration and not blowing a bigger hole in something? I have shot quite a few things, but only items made from wood and metal, and a few rattlesnakes. I cannot image something .223 in diameter wrecking all the havoc claimed no matter how much powder is behind it unless flesh reacts way differently.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:18 AM   #642
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
There are many other rifles that fire the same ammo and can accept "hi-cap" magazines. One of the most popular is the Ruger Mini-14.

The Ruger is largely ignored by gun grabbers because it doesn't look evil. It doesn't have a pistol grip or a bayonet mount or a folding stock, all defining features under the old assault weapons ban. For the most part, it is functionally equivalent to an AR-15.
OK. But I was referring more to the handgun reference above.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:26 AM   #643
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Automatic Glock 18 with 100 Round Drum.

No FanDan, we can't personally own one....
Awww!

One less weapon against the coming race war/zombie apocalypse/nursing home residents revolt.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #644
Clocker

Quote:
Got any links to ballistic tests done on flesh or simulated flesh done by an unbiased source that proves that? I can't see how an AR-15 bullet with their typical design would do more damage at close range than a 9mm hollow point.
I understand the extra velocity from the extra powder, but with the bullet design wouldn't that just make for easier penetration and not blowing a bigger hole in something? I have shot quite a few things, but only items made from wood and metal, and a few rattlesnakes. I cannot image something .223 in diameter wrecking all the havoc claimed no matter how much powder is behind it unless flesh reacts way differently.
The bullet from an AR-15 differs a lot from a 9mm. Because it is longer and more pointed, with most of its weight in the rear, it tends to tumble when it hits soft tissue. This effect creates a larger wound relative to its size. It also tends to fragment, creating multiple wound paths.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:53 PM   #645
elysiantraveller

Bullet design and caliber are what's important. A partition varmint round out of an AR is going to fragment and blow to hell inside of a person even at pretty short ranges. NATO green tip with its steel core penetrator is probably just gonna leave a hole about the size of a pencil straight through... not ideal.

Caliber wise here is a good image. That 9mm is going to be performing the same as that 5.56 (.223) at short ranges. Beyond that things change. It's important to denote caliber though instead of gun type. I have an AR in the second round pictured the .450... that's a really bad day for a person regardless of distance.

Closed Thread