Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

View Poll Results: How do you feel about gun control laws?
Current laws infringe on our rights and should be weakened 21 17.80%
Current laws are just fine, thanks. We don't need anything more 28 23.73%
Current laws are not satisfactory, there are "common sense" adjustments that should be made 69 58.47%
Voters: 118. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 02:18 PM   #451
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Are you blind, extremely biased or both? I have never in my life heard a politician condescend and bad mouth the other side as often as Obama.
Honestly dude... that seems like quite a reach.

We are in month 14 of his presidency and he is still talking about Hillary Clinton. How long did Obama talk about Mitt Romney or John McCain? How often did he launch personal attacks from social media?

Can't stand Obama but Trump is way worse at attacking people who he disagrees with.

The fact that Trump routinely badmouths people is what a lot of his supporters LOVE...
Old 03-02-2018, 02:20 PM   #452
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Obama never was as close to either being impeached or resigning.
Dude, you're absolutely dreaming if you think Trump isn't going to finish out his term (unless he dies). Plus you might have another four years to deal with him after that.

He isn't going anywhere. Just like Hillary wasn't winning. There, I mentioned her.

Get used to this already!
Old 03-02-2018, 03:01 PM   #453
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
The fact that Trump routinely badmouths people is what a lot of his supporters LOVE...
Well we all loved Don Rickles , too.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:08 PM   #454
classhandicapper

Quote:
Honestly dude... that seems like quite a reach.

We are in month 14 of his presidency and he is still talking about Hillary Clinton. How long did Obama talk about Mitt Romney or John McCain? How often did he launch personal attacks from social media?

Can't stand Obama but Trump is way worse at attacking people who he disagrees with.

Obama didn't spend much time talking about individual politicians but he spent a lot of time bad mouthing republicans/conservatives in general.

Trump takes the opposite approach.

He doesn't trash liberals in general. He trashes individuals that disagree with him regardless of whether they are liberal, conservative, republican, democrat, or even if they are working for him at present.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:11 PM   #455
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
or even if they are working for him at present.
It's called tough love.

Either that or he thinks he is still playing himself on TV.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:13 PM   #456
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Obama didn't spend much time talking about individual politicians but he spent a lot of time bad mouthing republicans/conservatives in general.

He doesn't trash liberals in general. He trashes individuals that disagree with him regardless of whether they are liberal, conservative, republican, democrat, or even if they are working for him at present.

He's labelled people criminals, from shitholes, treasonous, and hinted at armed insurrection at one point...

Those are off the top of my head. I'm sorry. I'm not buying the comparison.

We can agree to disagree on this... but I feel discourse has hit a third grade reading level lately. Both sides are to blame but Trump is at the center of it.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-02-2018 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:16 PM   #457
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
It's called tough love.

Either that or he thinks he is still playing himself on TV.
Got an update on his 2nd Amendment position today? Or is he still pulling petals off a daisy?
Old 03-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #458
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Exactly, that is what I was thinking when I posted that. He painted with a broad brush where Trump bad mouths individuals. So in actuality Obama was ripping in to a lot more people.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:24 PM   #459
Clocker

Quote:
Got an update on his 2nd Amendment position today?
No way of telling without knowing who he talked to last.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:35 PM   #460
classhandicapper

Quote:

He's labelled people criminals, from shitholes, treasonous, and hinted at armed insurrection at one point...

We can agree to disagree on this... but I feel discourse has hit a third grade reading level lately. Both sides are to blame but Trump is at the center of it.
I am talking about politicians and people within the US classified as liberal or conservative.

He'll never say liberals are losers, idiots, fools etc...

But he'll trash McCain, Cruz, Rubio etc...even though they are republicans and of course any democrats that disagree with him.

Obama would never call a member of his own party a loser.

Trump won't say liberals are whiny anti gun babies, but he might call out some individual who's giving him a hard time on policy a baby regardless of his party.

When Obama would say "conservatives cling to their God and their guns", he was basically saying all conservatives are idiots for believing in God and wanting guns. Trump doesn't make broad brush attacks on liberals.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 03-02-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:35 PM   #461
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
*sing*
These are a few of my favorite things......
Old 03-02-2018, 04:55 PM   #462
Inner Dirt

Quote:
When Obama would say "conservatives cling to their God and their guns", he was basically saying all conservatives are idiots for believing in God and wanting guns. Trump doesn't make broad brush attacks on liberals.
With gems like "Typical white person" Obama was able to condescend toward more people in seconds with his words than anyone before him. Of course because he isn't white he gets a free pass from the left for spewing racist crap.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:03 PM   #463
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:

In the end, I think the brilliance of Trump (intended or not), is that he has shown a glowing light on DC and our Politicians for the masses that normally have never followed politics, or gave a shit about it.

Grandstanding politicians can no longer just glib their normal garbage. They actually have to make sense, and stand for something of substance.

The Swamp is getting cleaned. Bit by bit.

Problem is, will they be replaced by David Hogg-ites, or will they be replaced by people with common sense and intelligence?
Old 03-02-2018, 05:19 PM   #464
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
With gems like "Typical white person" Obama was able to condescend toward more people in seconds with his words than anyone before him. Of course because he isn't white he gets a free pass from the left for spewing racist crap.
The truths of life:

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. 0bama is a racist.

Not in order........
Old 03-02-2018, 05:21 PM   #465
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I am talking about politicians and people within the US classified as liberal or conservative.

He'll never say liberals are losers, idiots, fools etc...

But he'll trash McCain, Cruz, Rubio etc...even though they are republicans and of course any democrats that disagree with him.

Obama would never call a member of his own party a loser.

Trump won't say liberals are whiny anti gun babies, but he might call out some individual who's giving him a hard time on policy a baby regardless of his party.

Oh stop it...

Hillary and the dems are going to take away your guns.

Mexicans are rapists.

Immigrants not from shitholes countries.

You added conservatives to that quote as well for Obama.

Plus Trump can bag on liberals too much since in a lot of ways HE IS ONE.
Closed Thread