Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #76
LemonSoupKid

More recently he's been getting blown up in the first leg ... FourStarDave comes to mind ... the angst of deciding between his favorites Yoshida and Divisidero in a 6 horse field ..goes with Yoshida who finishes 5th, Divisidero gets 3rd.

Voodoo Song bitch slaps him for the snide remarks.

LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2018, 12:42 AM   #77
GMB@BP

Something feels a bit foolish when mostly anonymous Internet message board people are ripping a very accomplished tournament player who from everything I can tell is having a very good fiscal year.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2018, 12:48 AM   #78
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Something feels a bit foolish when mostly anonymous Internet message board people are ripping a very accomplished tournament player who from everything I can tell is having a very good fiscal year.

People just hate winners....Not hard to figure out.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2018, 01:04 AM   #79
thaskalos

People won't forgive you for your success.
Old 08-23-2018, 06:43 AM   #80
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Understatment of the Year!
Old 08-23-2018, 09:20 AM   #81
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

If you want to prove him that bad, enter a contest had bury him with your dazzling skills!
Old 08-23-2018, 10:40 AM   #82
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
More recently he's been getting blown up in the first leg ... FourStarDave comes to mind ... the angst of deciding between his favorites Yoshida and Divisidero in a 6 horse field ..goes with Yoshida who finishes 5th, Divisidero gets 3rd.

Voodoo Song bitch slaps him for the snide remarks.

Yoshida wasn’t my top pick or Divisidero... it was Voodoo Song!

Was lucky that he won at a good price.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:23 PM   #83
turfnsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
People just hate winners....Not hard to figure out.
I think some non-contest playing horseplayers do not have a lot of respect for some of these "top tournament players" because it is common knowledge some play as teams, there is collusion, they play multiple entries, etc...Can you really tell who the best contest players really are? Most of the best horseplayers/gamblers/bettors I know do not play in tournaments.
turfnsport is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2018, 12:38 PM   #84
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfnsport View Post
Most of the best horseplayers/gamblers/bettors I know do not play in tournaments.
Your statement above is incorrect.....In tourneys of all kinds, poker, video gamers, chess, sports betting(fantasy tourneys) and horse racing, some of the best players ever exploit their edge for maximum value and profitability, with lower vig/take out than if playing live.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:48 PM   #85
turfnsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Your statement above is incorrect.....In tourneys of all kinds, poker, video gamers, chess, sports betting(fantasy tourneys) and horse racing, some of the best players ever exploit their edge for maximum value and profitability, with lower vig/take out than if playing live.
Let me clarify....The top horseplayers/gamblers/bettors I know PERSONALLY have absolutely no interest in playing in horse racing handicapping tournaments. Collusion and vig are the top reasons why they tell me. Some are professional gamblers that do partake in poker tournaments, DFS, etc.
turfnsport is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2018, 12:55 PM   #86
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Let me clarify....The top horseplayers/gamblers/bettors I know PERSONALLY have absolutely no interest in playing in horse racing handicapping tournaments. Collusion and vig are the top reasons why they tell me. Some are professional gamblers that do partake in poker tournaments, DFS, etc.

We obviously travel in different circles, my travels are currently for 41 years of play and still going strong....
Old 08-23-2018, 12:59 PM   #87
Suff
Beat up 💪

We'd probably never have heard of this guy if not for the contests. But thank god we have, because now we know who's been taking our money through the windows since long before we heard of him.

Go back and catch his story about Bobby's Kitten down the hill in 2016. He sounds pretty dangerous then. That was in 2016, so I know he was taking my money from at least 2012 and on... Because you don't learn that shit in 6 months.

You know who else is no joke? Maggie Wolfendale. Listen to her talk horses a few minutes. Serious game there, For Sure!
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #88
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Yoshida wasn’t my top pick or Divisidero... it was Voodoo Song!

Was lucky that he won at a good price.
Is this JK checking in?

LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #89
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
Is this JK checking in?

No idea why you'd draw that conclusion.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2018, 01:20 PM   #90
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
I think some non-contest playing horseplayers do not have a lot of respect for some of these "top tournament players" because it is common knowledge some play as teams, there is collusion, they play multiple entries, etc...Can you really tell who the best contest players really are? Most of the best horseplayers/gamblers/bettors I know do not play in tournaments.
I would agree with you that those things exist. But consider this: It has to exist. When $million$ is in play, only the most maniacal and calculating people will rise to the top.

This is a function of man-kind when the stakes are this high. Everywhere, wall street, hollywood, where the $ is.

Only the guy who owns Chick-Filet plays it straight, everybody else uses every possible angle to get the money. In street parlance its said "the deep end of the pool always has sharks"

That's the world.

I actually disagreed with the letter Kinchen signed and sent to BC.
You got beat. Move along.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply