Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:10 AM   #286
nijinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by daresoar
I'm sure the trainer or his assistant saw the breeze and not sure why they didn't scratch and Kulina did not take over management of George Washington he violated a safety protocol and changed the breeze time which allowed George Washington to run.
Not trying to be critical here and not having read your book yet , so a little in the dark.
I can say though that in many instances European horses do not have a published work . Perhaps O'Brien did , because this was dirt . Would like to see the pp's , but it's my understanding they ususually have long gallops .

I do know that there were comments to a reporter or clocker from jockey Kinane . All positive from what I recall and I will look for it. There was mention of him being fresh for the race . I follow the comments closely in big events . This was no different.

It was a tragedy and I think you well know that a good deal of people were frustrated with the Magnier's etal which wasn't surprising when a former stud prospect fails and is brought back. Someone has to take the blunt of the blame. If track management had some responsilility in this. Well that's inexcusable .
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2011, 02:16 AM   #287
daresoar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijinski
Not trying to be critical here and not having read your book yet , so a little in the dark.
I can say though that in many instances European horses do not have a published work . Perhaps O'Brien did , because this was dirt . Would like to see the pp's , but it's my understanding they ususually have long gallops .

I do know that there were comments to a reporter or clocker from jockey Kinane . All positive from what I recall and I will look for it. There was mention of him being fresh for the race . I follow the comments closely in big events . This was no different.

It was a tragedy and I think you well know that a good deal of people were frustrated with the Magnier's etal which wasn't surprising when a former stud prospect fails and is brought back. Someone has to take the blunt of the blame. If track management had some responsilility in this. Well that's inexcusable .
\You are right a lot of european horses dont have a published work and I know that George Washington did not have one. If you look him up and get his pps there is one published work on record and it is the one the day before the race and it says 3 furlongs muddy track 40.Monmouth Park made him breeze and when he got out and did not go fast enough to qualify for a work, Bob Kulina had the clocker change the time from 43 to 40 in order to have it a published work which allowed George Washington to race the next day. Bob should give all those people that bet on GW a refund. I hope you have time to read the book, I think you will find it interesting.
daresoar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2011, 02:20 AM   #288
daresoar

What is HANA?
daresoar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2011, 02:29 AM   #289
nijinski

[QUOTE=daresoar]What is HANA?[/QUOTE OOPS wrong post , I'll let others with the expertise answer this.
But I thank you for your reply on my post and will read the book over the holiday.

Last edited by nijinski; 12-18-2011 at 02:33 AM.
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #290
DeanT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob60566
What I find intresting that nobody from H.A.N.A has let there opinion be known on this thread

Mac
Jeff posted posts 197-207 on this topic re: the HANA survey of horseplayers on raceday meds and some other thoughts etc. etc.
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #291
Luke22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanT
Jeff posted posts 197-207 on this topic re: the HANA survey of horseplayers on raceday meds and some other thoughts etc. etc.

Dean,
Where is that thread or the posts? I clicked on the link and I dont see it.
Thanks
Luke22 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #292
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke22
Dean,
Where is that thread or the posts? I clicked on the link and I dont see it.
Thanks
I think he means posts number 197 and 207 of this thread, which are on page 14 if you're using the defaults.
FenceBored is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #293
Luke22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenceBored
I think he means posts number 197 and 207 of this thread, which are on page 14 if you're using the defaults.

Got it, thanks!
Luke22 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply