Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #241
Luke22

Hi Brogan,
I am sorry you feel that way. The feedback that I have seen and heard about has been positive but you have the right to your opinion. Thanks for taking the time to read it.
Luke
Luke22 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2011, 12:13 AM   #242
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogan
No, I don't know either Glenn or Willard personally, but I'm well aware of who they are.

And btw, BEFORE I posted a word on this subject I read the book (booklet really) in its entirety. I consider the entire thing not much more than a long winded, poorly written rant.
You would've been better off noting that you don't know Mr.Thompson or his father to begin with. You're going on your reliable hearsay--sharp move. Always such a wise thing to do.

As far as writing skills, I went through over 100 of your own, most of which are spent shilling for Monmouth, where maybe you're a trainer hiding behind a keyboard. Since you term this "a poorly written rant", what might you have had published?
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2011, 06:22 AM   #243
Brogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
You would've been better off noting that you don't know Mr.Thompson or his father to begin with. You're going on your reliable hearsay--sharp move. Always such a wise thing to do.

As far as writing skills, I went through over 100 of your own, most of which are spent shilling for Monmouth, where maybe you're a trainer hiding behind a keyboard. Since you term this "a poorly written rant", what might you have had published?
GRITS, the point was I had as much reliable info as Thomspson did.

The fact that I haven't published anything, does not change the FACT that Thompson's booklet is full of typos and HIS opinions. My opionion was stated clearly. Deal with it.

I haven't appeared in any movies either. Does that stop me from offereing an opinion on one of them if I feel like it? Come on, what's your agenda here?
Brogan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2011, 07:16 AM   #244
Luke22

Brogan- One of the sources he got the information from is the Vets themselves who are there everyday giving the meds. He was told he was one of the few that did not give the horses "a little help" on race day. What reason would they have to lie?

Since you don't mind giving your opinion, and I respect that. I am just curious if you believe there are any illegal drugs being given on race day at all?
Old 12-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #245
Brogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke22
Since you don't mind giving your opinion, and I respect that. I am just curious if you believe there are any illegal drugs being given on race day at all?
This is the real world...of course I believe SOME trainers give illegal meds, whether thru the use of a vet who is willing to help, or just on their own.

Why do I believe it? Somebody gets caught with something all the time. I do believe the overwhelming majority of those being caught just used something otherwise legal too close to race time.

Now and then, however, somebody gets nailed for something that's impossible to justify or explain.

But 85%? That's impossible for me to believe.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #246
Luke22

Brogan- At least you acknowledge that it is happening. You feel 85% is too high and I have seen some people say that they think it is too low. I guess that is a matter of opinion.

The point is, is that it is happening and I think this is one thing most people do agree on. Whether people believe it to be 85%, 50% or 25% the general consensus agrees that it is a problem.

Glenn is not one of those people to just raise his hands and say, this is the real world and that's just the way it is and accept it. We have enough of them already. He sees a problem and he has chosen to do something about it, he should not be chastised for this.

I hope you love horses as much as I do and choose to be a part of the solution.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #247
5k-claim
Working on 'Plan B'

Quote:
This is the real world...of course I believe SOME trainers give illegal meds, whether thru the use of a vet who is willing to help, or just on their own.

Why do I believe it? Somebody gets caught with something all the time. I do believe the overwhelming majority of those being caught just used something otherwise legal too close to race time.

Now and then, however, somebody gets nailed for something that's impossible to justify or explain.

But 85%? That's impossible for me to believe.
It is hard for me to comment very much without making the effort to read the entire book, especially when it is available just a few clicks away, but I think one reason I keep putting it farther down my reading list is that whole '85%' figure. I mean, take this line from the 'Product Description' section of the Amazon review: " Learn how over 85% of thoroughbred trainers give illegal drugs and how top racing officials turn a blind eye. "

85%? Does that figure mean common therapeutic drugs that could potentially test as "illegal"? Or something else?

85%... really?

5k-claim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #248
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5k-claim
It is hard for me to comment very much without making the effort to read the entire book, especially when it is available just a few clicks away, but I think one reason I keep putting it farther down my reading list is that whole '85%' figure. I mean, take this line from the 'Product Description' section of the Amazon review: " Learn how over 85% of thoroughbred trainers give illegal drugs and how top racing officials turn a blind eye. "

85%? Does that figure mean common therapeutic drugs that could potentially test as "illegal"? Or something else?

85%... really?
85% is sensationalism to sell books. If he would have said 20% he would have been more believable but that figure wouldn't sell as many books or get the attention it has.

Last edited by andymays; 12-16-2011 at 11:26 AM.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #249
Grits

Brogan when one trainer is able to remain anonymous behind a keyboard, slamming another trainer--this is something I find really small. Truly so, I'm sorry.

When you step forward and state who you are and your involvement in racing--both of which would indicate your qualifications to not only refute Mr. Thompson, but also to critique his writing skills, I'm sure I'd have more respect for your opinion.

Take care.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #250
DeanT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5k-claim

85%... really?

I read the book. He means giving race day meds, when you are not supposed to give race day meds. So, any type of legal pre-race, bleeder shot etc would be lumped in with that. I doubt he's that far off.
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #251
5k-claim
Working on 'Plan B'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanT
I read the book. He means giving race day meds, when you are not supposed to give race day meds. So, any type of legal pre-race, bleeder shot etc would be lumped in with that. I doubt he's that far off.
Thanks for that clarification. I figured that had to be it.

Maybe not as exciting as what the Amazon Product Description, "Learn how over 85% of thoroughbred trainers give illegal drugs and how top racing officials turn a blind eye.", might lead one to believe.

But definitely a lot more credible.

5k-claim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #252
Luke22

Thanks Dean T for having read the book and helping to explain to the other posters. Unfortunately Glenn is still waiting to be able to post and hopefully soon will be able to speak for himself. It seems for the most part the ones who have not read it have the hardest time understanding.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #253
DeanT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke22
Thanks Dean T for having read the book and helping to explain to the other posters. Unfortunately Glenn is still waiting to be able to post and hopefully soon will be able to speak for himself. It seems for the most part the ones who have not read it have the hardest time understanding.
These websites certainly don't exist because there is no market. (PS: I love the fact they add "camels")

http://www.horseprerace.com/blast-of...tion-p-81.html

"Blast Off"

Give 10ml 4-6 hrs before event I.M. only.

Form: Injection / Injectable 10mL

For: Horses, Dogs / Greyhounds, Camels

Will not test or swab in any jurisdiction (This is a proprietary blend and ingredients are confidential)

Last edited by DeanT; 12-16-2011 at 03:18 PM.
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2011, 03:54 PM   #254
Brogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Brogan when one trainer is able to remain anonymous behind a keyboard, slamming another trainer--this is something I find really small. Truly so, I'm sorry.

When you step forward and state who you are and your involvement in racing--both of which would indicate your qualifications to not only refute Mr. Thompson, but also to critique his writing skills, I'm sure I'd have more respect for your opinion.

Take care.
I'm sorry GRITS, I didn't realize you were the head of the qualification committee to determine eligibility to post.

Last time I checked, it was everyone's right to state an opinion despite what others may think of it.

Feel free to keep beating this dead horse (poor choice of words, I know), but I'm done.

Have a nice day.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #255
Grits

Quote:
I'm sorry GRITS, I didn't realize you were the head of the qualification committee to determine eligibility to post.

Last time I checked, it was everyone's right to state an opinion despite what others may think of it.

Feel free to keep beating this dead horse (poor choice of words, I know), but I'm done.

Have a nice day.
OK, now I'm growing tired. So, let's cut the crap. Forget my being sorry and your wishing me a nice day. You began your contributions to this thread with this: (Complete with typo--which you've chastised Thompson for.)

Quote:
The author is a wannabe, neverwas big time trainer.

His father, a long time trainer, is disgusted with him.
Then, you continued with another typo riddled comment.

Quote:
GRITS, the point was I had as much reliable info as Thomspson did.
Your reliable info "source" isn't Thompson or his daddy is it? So, how does this make your comment worth squat? In fact, if anything, its more useless than a bucket of warm spit. Your typos speak for themselves, Hemingway.

Jeez. I'm gonna have some eggnog with a bit of Crown in it. You've given me a headache.