Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:36 PM   #226
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Yet, you, Proximity, actually want the poster, Luke, to answer your question?
it's not crucial to me, but yeah i'd like an answer.

according to luke, both are good men, but yet there is apparently a difference of opinion between them on this issue. in fairness to both sides (even though i obviously agree with the author), i don't think it's any perverse curiosity to wonder why.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #227
bob60566
Vancouver Island

[QUOTE=proximity[b]]early in the thread it was stated that his father is disgusted with him. do you have any comments on that?[/[/b]QUOTE]

Proximity why do you not comment as I am waiting to hear your views.
Xmas is near

Mac
bob60566 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #228
Luke22

Proximity- I have no idea what purpose Brogan had for saying something like that or what it has to do with the discussion about illegal drugs in racing.

Did you read the entire book? Glenn shares some stories about growing up and mentions his father. Is the relationship between Glenn and his father more interesting then horse welfare?

Glenn is waiting for the approval to post on the forum, so most likely by tomorrow you can ask him for yourself.......
Luke22 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2011, 11:07 PM   #229
proximity

[QUOTE=bob60566]
Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity[b
]early in the thread it was stated that his father is disgusted with him. do you have any comments on that?[/[/b]QUOTE]

Proximity why do you not comment as I am waiting to hear your views.
Xmas is near

Mac
i already did comment in post #38 on this thread.

but maybe the poster is wrong and the author's father really isn't disgusted with him for his views? if he is a good man who does disagree with his son, then i'd like to hear why.

new poster luke22 is close to the scene and is concerned with posters bashing his friend on this thread. i'd be much more concerned if it was stated that my own father was disgusted with me than if it was said that i was a "small time" trainer.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:13 PM   #230
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke22
Proximity- I have no idea what purpose Brogan had for saying something like that or what it has to do with the discussion about illegal drugs in racing.

Did you read the entire book? Glenn shares some stories about growing up and mentions his father. Is the relationship between Glenn and his father more interesting then horse welfare?

Glenn is waiting for the approval to post on the forum, so most likely by tomorrow you can ask him for yourself.......
another honest and ethical trainer (who happens to be the author's father) having a strongly divergent viewpoint certainly is related to the issue.

i'd like to welcome glenn to the forum in advance and thank him for having the courage to speak for what is right.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:16 PM   #231
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
Just like Golfers, Baseball Players, and Football players are drugged right?

On and on we go. Where we stop nobody knows.
i can't believe brauny baseball players would use drugs!!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #232
Luke22

Proximity- maybe I am missing something. What is the "strongly divergent viewpoint " between Glenn and his father?
Old 12-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #233
proximity

Quote:
Proximity- maybe I am missing something. What is the "strongly divergent viewpoint " between Glenn and his father?
it was posted right in the beginning of this thread that his father is disgusted with him (presumably for writing the book since that's what the whole thread is about).
Old 12-14-2011, 11:47 PM   #234
Luke22

Firstly, your presuming that Brogan was referring to the book in his reasoning for making the statement. Secondly, we do not even know who Brogan is, does he personally know Willard and Glenn to be qualified to make such a bold statement?
Old 12-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #235
proximity

Quote:
Firstly, your presuming that Brogan was referring to the book in his reasoning for making the statement...
since that's what the whole thread is about i don't think it is tooooo much of a stretch.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:17 AM   #236
Luke22

Goodnight Proximity....as I said Glenn will most likely be on board tomorrow and you can get it all directly from the horses mouth! (no pun intended ). He would be glad to answer any questions you or other members may have.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #237
WJ47

Quote:
Goodnight Proximity....as I said Glenn will most likely be on board tomorrow and you can get it all directly from the horses mouth! (no pun intended ). He would be glad to answer any questions you or other members may have.
This thread has intrigued me so I purchased the book for my Kindle. I look forward to reading it tonight.
WJ47 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #238
WJ47

Quote:
I never understood why they brought George Washington here for the Classic. He was a turf horse in Europe. Of course, he'd never run on dirt.
I never understood this either. I understand that he was retired and not performing as a stud. I just don't know why they didn't run him in a Breeder's Cup turf race instead of the classic.
WJ47 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #239
Luke22

WJ47 thanks for getting the book and I hope you enjoy it.

Maybe you would know or someone else, Glenn signed up yesterday and it has been well over 24hrs and he never got the e-mail validating his account so he can post. Does it normally take this long? There is no help or support line that I can see, I am new to this.

Thanks for any help.....
Old 12-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #240
Brogan

Quote:
This is low, real low from one hiding behind a keyboard.

Yet, you, Proximity, actually want the poster, Luke, to answer your question?

Comments, questions, and curiosity such as this are not only pathetic; they're also as inflammatory as sin. Useless.
This is exactly what I heard from a reliable source on the backstretch at Monmouth, which I dare say is at least as much substantiation as Mr. Thompson has for his claims.

No, I don't know either Glenn or Willard personally, but I'm well aware of who they are.

And btw, BEFORE I posted a word on this subject I read the book (booklet really) in its entirety. I consider the entire thing not much more than a long winded, poorly written rant.
Brogan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply