Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-11-2021, 10:05 PM   #166
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Who needs juries when you can just take your case to national TV? Wouldn't some gag orders lower the temperature a little bit? As Vince Lombardi famously asked, "What the hell is going on around here?!"
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2021, 11:01 PM   #167
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Perhaps more importantly, Merriam-Webster's disgraceful, viciously cruel tweet is a sign of a cultural rot so deep and so comprehensive that it is hard to imagine we can ever come back from it.
Amen. We can't.
Old 11-12-2021, 01:07 AM   #168
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
"Those rioters were used to attacking people that didn't bite back. Kyle bit."

We need more just like him!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2021, 01:26 AM   #169
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
"Those rioters were used to attacking people that didn't bite back. Kyle bit."

We need more just like him!
Exactly, MargieRose.

If there are riots after the Rittenhouse verdict, the Rioters will see a Hell of a lot more of this than during 2020. A lot of America has had enough...and sees that the Government is the PROBLEM, and in no way a solution.

Last edited by Elkchester Road; 11-12-2021 at 01:27 AM.
Elkchester Road is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2021, 02:52 PM   #170
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I gotta say, after listening to the Judge explain the law for self defense, and watching the video in the closing arguments by the moron prosecutor who is doing a tremendous presentation today, Kyle is guilty. He did not act in self defense.

It would be a grave mistake to send a message that behavior like this will be tolerated.
WE have to be better than THEM.

See, you Trump haters, you CAN separate personalities from facts.

Last edited by Tom; 11-15-2021 at 02:55 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2021, 07:02 PM   #171
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Now they're trying to float the idea that the JUDGE should be removed.

CENSORED

CANCELLED

LMAO

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...r-AAQK7tl?rt=0
Old 11-15-2021, 07:13 PM   #172
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I gotta say, after listening to the Judge explain the law for self defense, and watching the video in the closing arguments by the moron prosecutor who is doing a tremendous presentation today, Kyle is guilty. He did not act in self defense.

It would be a grave mistake to send a message that behavior like this will be tolerated.

Comparing this with 162 and 163, and other previous post in this thread, I must commend you on being willing to change your opinion.
Old 11-15-2021, 07:17 PM   #173
mostpost

Quote:

As for that last sentence, in the case of Trump, the personality and the facts both suck.
Old 11-15-2021, 08:17 PM   #174
MargieRose

Quote:

How does one rationalize describing a prosecutor as a "moron" and "tremendous" in the same sentence?

How would the "law for self defense" be applied in this case, if Kyle were a female?

If Kyle is found guilty, "THEM" will become so emboldened and so fearless that "WE" will forever fear NOT cowering to the thugs of this world.

The new NYC mayor has already been threatened by the thug BLM leader in the city. Bring back certain policing laws and burn baby burn!

And, what about those jurors being intimidated...photos of homes, addresses, etc., apparently, being collected?

Instead of calls for the judge to be canceled, censored, whatever, where are the calls for the rest of those street thugs to be prosecuted? WHEN will we ever see THAT?

Like Biden said: "My patience is wearing thin."

Big Wins for Defense on Jury Instructions, State Leads with Provocation
Old 11-15-2021, 08:19 PM   #175
jimmyb

I've been reading a lot about Rittenhouse being the benefactor of white privilege.

In July 2020, Adam Abdul-Jabbar, son of hall of fame basketball player Kareem Abdul Jabbar, stabbed Raymond Windsor, 60, several times in the back, head, neck and abdomen.

His privileged ass got a 6 month jail sentence.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/k...bing-neighbor/
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2021, 08:44 PM   #176
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Comparing this with 162 and 163, and other previous post in this thread, I must commend you on being willing to change your opinion.
It's what separates us from democrats.
Now hat the Steele Dossier has been proven false, has a single democrat has the integrity to admit it and apologize?
Old 11-15-2021, 09:17 PM   #177
davew

Quote:
It's what separates us from democrats.
Now hat the Steele Dossier has been proven false, has a single democrat has the integrity to admit it and apologize?
What? The head of House intelligence committee Adam Schiff still says the Steele information is mostly true. I am not sure what mostly part he is referring to, but he has seen the 'top secret' information.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2021, 09:24 PM   #178
MargieRose

State’s Weak Provocation Argument is the Major Threat to Acquittal

Quote:
If the jury buys this 11th hour provocation argument then, the entire self-defense chessboard is tipped over, and all the pieces so strongly positioned for Kyle’s legal defense of self-defense are dumped on the floor.

The only outcome possible then will be verdicts of guilty on every use-of-force count.

You can understand, then, why the prosecution finds this provocation argument so attractive.

Of course, this provocation argument is not without its weaknesses, the greatest being the ridiculously weak evidence in support of this theory of the case.

The purported evidence of Kyle pointing his rifle at any individual consists of a late-found drone video and a Rorschach-like enlarged image taken from that video that could be anything or could be nothing.

Indeed, adding the context of other circumstantial evidence—such as the admission of the State’s imaging expert that his “zoom” process adds to the original image pixels of unpredictable color, and that right-handed Kyle would have had to suddenly decide to handle his rifle in a left-handed manner (no easy task with the way his sling was set up)—it seems ludicrous that any reasonable juror could look at that the video or image offered proved anything whatever beyond a reasonable doubt, much less that Kyle had pointed his rifle at any individual.

As weak as their argument on provocation is, however, their argument without provocation is even weaker—so the State is running with the rather pathetic best argument they can bring to the table.

And it might just work. I think it unlikely that the State will be able to convince 12 jurors that this video and photo prove provocation beyond a reasonable doubt—certainly not 12 rational, fair, and impartial jurors.

But some jurors are neither rational, nor fair, nor impartial. And if any single juror is looking for a reason—any reason!—to vote guilty despite the pronounced weakness of the state’s use-of-force charges in the context of self-defense, then this provocation argument may be just enough to tip the scales.

Now, one convinced juror is not enough to render an actual verdict of guilt—that takes a unanimous decision of all 12 jurors.

But one convinced juror is enough to hang the jury and result in a mistrial. And a mistrial on these grounds simply means that ADA Binger is free to re-boot the criminal prosecution of Kyle Rittenhouse all over again, bringing the same resources to bear a second time, against a defendant whose resources will surely be substantially depleted for a second fight.
Old 11-15-2021, 09:36 PM   #179
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Provocation never entered my mind when I changed my mind.
Old 11-15-2021, 09:48 PM   #180
MargieRose

Quote:
Provocation never entered my mind when I changed my mind.
Then, what changed your mind? The prosecution is hanging their feather-hat on supposed provocation to bring down a guilty verdict.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: