Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-14-2020, 11:41 AM   #16
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I liked the jockeys in R5 fist bumping after the wire, huge longshot hangs on over a heavy favorite and the two fist bump. I'm not saying there was any fix or anything, but just a ridiculous look.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2020, 12:41 PM   #17
fastfasterfastest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I liked the jockeys in R5 fist bumping after the wire, huge longshot hangs on over a heavy favorite and the two fist bump. I'm not saying there was any fix or anything, but just a ridiculous look.
Haha I missed that. Gotta go watch the replay but definitely a bad look.
fastfasterfastest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2020, 12:49 PM   #18
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfasterfastest View Post
Haha I missed that. Gotta go watch the replay but definitely a bad look.
Easy to spot, image attached. Probably just friends or something and doing the "good game" thing after the race, really not trying to read too much into it. But probably should save that for the jocks room.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wrd.jpg (29.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 04-14-2020, 12:50 PM   #19
fastfasterfastest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTavish View Post
In yesterday's second race at WRD, I bet the 8-7 exacta combination as the horses were loading. The 8 was 7-2 and the 7 was 8-1. The AmWager exacta matrix showed a payoff of $47.

I hit the exacta with the matrix still showing $47. As the winner was being lead to the winner's circle, the odds dropped on both horses to 5-2 and the exacta payoff dropped to $25.60.

Displeased I was, as Yoda might say.

Mick
My best guess is with the much higher then usual money being wagered into their pools on Monday and Tuesday since they're one of the only games in town, the betting syndicates massive late money is not being reflected until the race is about to start or quite often during the running. No doubt its an inconvenience, especially for us value hunters.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:54 PM   #20
fastfasterfastest

Quote:
Easy to spot, image attached. Probably just friends or something and doing the "good game" thing after the race, really not trying to read too much into it. But probably should save that for the jocks room.
Wow the only time that should be acceptable is if congratulating a jock after winning a high caliber lucrative race where fixing isn't likely.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:18 PM   #21
moneyandland

Quote:
My best guess is with the much higher then usual money being wagered into their pools on Monday and Tuesday since they're one of the only games in town, the betting syndicates massive late money is not being reflected until the race is about to start or quite often during the running. No doubt its an inconvenience, especially for us value hunters.

So massive betting money syndicates always win? How many times do you see the reverse? an exa go from $119 to $226 after a race is over? Never. How do you explain the DD dropping in payoff after the 2nd half is finished?
moneyandland is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2020, 01:20 PM   #22
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

One thing to keep in mind is virtually ALL money is coming in from off-site, other than maybe connections betting, so the majority of money coming in late has to be even higher than it was normally before all the "closed track" racing began.

The delays are a terrible look, but I don't think the late changes should come as any surprise.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:21 PM   #23
Boomer

Quote:

I saw it real time and had a similar reaction. Especially since the winner went from 37-1 to 44-1around the far turn. Most of the WRD winners have been getting bombed in the getting at the last minute. That is more bothersome to me than the fist bump. Also agree the optics where not very good though.

The 5 in that race does not want to pass horses and was reluctant to pass the 4. Jock was trying to no avail. Unfortunately I learned that the hard way.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2020, 01:22 PM   #24
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyandland View Post
So massive betting money syndicates always win? How many times do you see the reverse? an exa go from $119 to $226 after a race is over? Never. How do you explain the DD dropping in payoff after the 2nd half is finished?
Are you saying a double will pay, posted after the first leg but before the second leg, then changed after the second race? I'd have to see that to believe it and barring a late scratch with consolation payoffs this would be impossible I would think.

Last edited by cj; 04-14-2020 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:37 PM   #25
moneyandland

Quote:
Are you saying a double will pay, posted after the first leg but before the second leg, then changed after the second race? I'd have to see that to believe it and barring a lot scratch with consolation payoffs this would be impossible I would think.

It's right in this thread. After the 10th race finished the DD WP from R9 Showed DD as $325 it paid $257
Old 04-14-2020, 01:51 PM   #26
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyandland View Post
It's right in this thread. After the 10th race finished the DD WP from R9 Showed DD as $325 it paid $257
That looks to me like it was taken during the 9th race, or maybe after but before it went official. I would think if those were shown as "will pays" for R10 that would be a completely different story.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:06 PM   #27
moneyandland

I dont have a screenshot of the actual will pays so it's possible that the graphics on WRD video signal showed a payoff of $257 but that shot is ADW probables taken after the 10th race was official. My original post and screenshot was taken after 10th race was official. It took over an hour for all the ADW sites to update the actual pools. So there was some obvious tote delay along the line somewhere. Just becomes very suspcious when tote delay occurs and all the right numbers get hit.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:41 PM   #28
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
If there is anything resembling an "industry" supporting this game...then there should be PLENTY said and done about this. And if there isn't...then this game isn't worth even one more thin dime of our money...IMO.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:08 PM   #29
thaskalos

Quote:
That looks to me like it was taken during the 9th race, or maybe after but before it went official. I would think if those were shown as "will pays" for R10 that would be a completely different story.
There were 3 other daily doubles yesterday., 2 at Fonner and one at Will Rogers...and all 3 paid EXACTLY what was listed at the end of the first race of the DD. The last DD at WRD was the only exception. The other three daily doubles paid (I think) $198, $153 and $28. And these were the exact payoff amounts reported at the end of the 1st daily double race, in every single case.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:13 PM   #30
Robert Fischer
clean money

Post Probable 'cheating' in the 10th race. RF's Full take:

Quote:
That's a common occurrence and explains ~100% of the usual complaints about 'odds drops'.

However, this doesn't pass the smell test.

A fourth-choice rarely gets pounded at the bell, and a 4th-choice over a 5th-choice Exacta almost never gets pounded at the bell.
These choice rankings are from the race-10 will-pays in DD.

were fairly strong favorites in the Doubles will-pays
was third choice, (the winner) was fourth choice, and then there was some significant distance to the (the place horse)

The was not significantly favored over the (narrowly 6th-choice). In fact, the 'Race-9 Probables DD(which for some reason aren't the same as the R10Will-pays) show more money on the than the . (The only reason that I call the the '5th-choice' rather than 6th-choice, is that I recall the being slightly lower than the in the r10 DD will-pays)

So we're talking the Fourth-Choice getting pounded in an exacta with a relative mid-priced long-shot. Rarely happens.

I think we have to be fair in assessing this. It is possible that some 'whale' correctly identified a significant overlay taking place with the fourth-choice horse AND correctly identified that the mid-priced long shot Fifth-Choice horse was worthy including in some type of exacta key using the fourth-choice . Also a faint possibility of a freak event such as the 's ownership group went on 'tilt' or something ang got lucky.

Even with such considerations, it's far more probable that there was either betting after the bell or race-fixing of the .

I don't which one it was. The delay in the odds doesn't necessarily meant that that it was more likely to be a Tote Vulnerability. That could be a misleading thing. In general, I'd have to guess that race fixing is more likely. It's fairly easy to hold back a horse, compared to hacking a Tote, but the answer is that "I don't know".

With a huge longshot in races 8 and 9, if there was a tote vulnerability, it brings up the 2002? Breeders' Cup scandal where horses where singled to 'All all'... , but P3,P4 is a blind pool, and the payouts didn't seem horribly low.

TLDR: Most probable that it was either a Tote vulnerability or a Race Fixing event, with some small chance that a whale made a nearly impossible correct assessment counter to the multis and tote odds, as well as small chance that the connections of the made a lucky gamble.

As far as the other stuff?? (odds drops on favorites throughout, an ill-advised fist bump, daily double probables from r9 NEVER updating), I think we have to ignore that stuff.
With the high probability of an integrity-breach in the 10th race, it obviously adds merit to considering these previous hi-jinx, but those events themselves are not significant.
The most interesting previous event was the R9 Probable prices for doubles, but unfortunately I do not recall whether the R10 Will-pay prices for doubles ever mirrored the r9 will pays. You really would need a 'screen-cap' of R10 will-pays showing the $325 etc... The odds updated at different times for r10 on my ADWs (although never updating the r9 Probables for DD), and by the time I was able to think of checking, the R10 will-pays reflected the payout, rather than the $325.
Take these with a grain of salt.

Investigate the 10th race. "Unusual market behavior."

Due diligence requires that you also at least investigate the multis and daily doubles.
The significant wagers should all (obviously /covid-19) be showing up in online wagering.