Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-01-2013, 02:20 AM   #61
letswastemoney

I'd have kept the 3 shoe horse on my ticket if given that option rather than the consolation. It would just be part of the risk of betting. Your horse could lose a shoe in the post parade, and there may not be time to put it back on, just as your horse's saddle could slip during the race, etc.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #62
Mineshaft
Veteran

The track was getting dark and it didn't have time for the horse to get another shoe plain and simple. The horse should of been scratched period. It sucked that you had him in the Pick 4 and Pick 6. Those things happen.
Mineshaft is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #63
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The only ones who made out ok were the owner, trainer and jockey.
They all got paid.

Customers did not. Not a good business model.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #64
burnsy
self medicated

[QUOTE=Mineshaft]The track was getting dark and it didn't have time for the horse to get another shoe plain and simple. The horse should of been scratched period. It sucked that you had him in the Pick 4 and Pick 6. Those things happen.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, if you have been betting for any length of time you realize this. It sucks, but you are not betting on robots. You can't run the horse, it changes the race for people that bet the others. Its not their fault one horse threw a shoe......so you can't expect them to sit around waiting either. The horses are warmed up and ready to go. The delays other people are talking about are retarded....they are not fair to the others. I won't bet those cheap tracks (they are cheap) and because they do garbage like that. Every one wait around we got to fix the whack job that threw a shoe or it was not affixed right to begin with? Does not matter if its the Belmont or a Maiden Claimer........no equipment........no race start for you. Is Peyton Manning going on the field in the SB without a helmet or cleats? Would the official run the clock? This pass is for purse money only?????? No proper equipment=ineligible..period!.no purse money....no start!..too simple for some, i guess.

Plus, no one answered my questioning of the stupid ruling. HOW DOES THIS QUALIFY AS AN EQUIPMENT CHANGE? It is not! The trainer changes equipment. I never once in my life heard of a horse determining what equipment they use. What do they do? Tell the trainer..."i want to run with three shoes today." I need blinkers.........i need a bar shoe. Are these horses Mr. Ed. ?The ruling is flawed from step one to the gate to begin with.
Mr. Dooley decided to run with 3 shoes.......=...........equipment change.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #65
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
Exactly, if you have been betting for any length of time you realize this. It sucks, but you are not betting on robots. You can't run the horse, it changes the race for people that bet the others. Its not their fault one horse threw a shoe......
This I don't buy. All the people that bet the race did so assuming Mr. Dooley would be in the race, right? Scratching him and running right away changes the dynamics of the race, not having him run for purse money only.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #66
Grits

Quote:
The delays other people are talking about are retarded....
You just took a nose dive, dude. You're just not bright enough to know it. Hate it for you.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #67
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
This I don't buy. All the people that bet the race did so assuming Mr. Dooley would be in the race, right? Scratching him and running right away changes the dynamics of the race, not having him run for purse money only.
Every time there's a late scratch it potentially changes the pace scenario. Thats the risk we take by betting.

We cannot have a situation where a horse is deemed that it can't be wagered on, but it can still race. Either race as a part of the field, or you cannot run. Or fix the damned shoe. Usually the delays are no more than 10 minutes.

I was not affected by the result, but I empathize with anyone who was. They were screwed, plain and simple.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #68
Valuist

One other thing, this is the type of problem that causes people to abandon a track, or the game entirely. The takeout is already a severe obstacle. But the biggest salt-in the wound rubbing would have to be to watch a horse that one was alive to in a P4, P6 or P3; watch it win and not be able to collect when one had that horse on their ticket. We aren't crazy about late scratches but sometimes they are warranted.

Yes I know the folks in Albany thought "they were looking out for the public". Great...with friends like that, who needs enemies?
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #69
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Every time there's a late scratch it potentially changes the pace scenario. Thats the risk we take by betting.

We cannot have a situation where a horse is deemed that it can't be wagered on, but it can still race. Either race as a part of the field, or you cannot run. Or fix the damned shoe. Usually the delays are no more than 10 minutes.

I was not affected by the result, but I empathize with anyone who was. They were screwed, plain and simple.
Like I've said, I agree these horses should be scratched. I've said it a few times now. I just was pointing out that the race dynamics did not change because this horse was allowed to run. It is just the opposite.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #70
098poi

They finally found Mr. Dooley's shoe!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mr. Dooley.JPG (127.7 KB, 57 views)
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2014, 02:03 PM   #71
Stillriledup
Veteran

Mr D won his "Purse Only" Race over a year ago and since then, he's had 9 starts and the best finish he's managed was 5th.

He's racing shortly at the Big A. Maybe he can shock the world? The race isn't all that great, he' sin with a light weight, never say never!
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2014, 06:38 PM   #72
KirisClown

Say never for Mr Dooley...

If you played the old "Taylor Rice finally off" angle.. you cashed in on the $40 winner..
KirisClown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply