Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-10-2022, 04:03 PM   #1
boxcar

Now the FDA Comes Clean...FINALLY!!!

FDA: Americans Should Treat COVID-19 Like the Flu

Several top Food and Drug Administration (FDA) officials, including Commissioner Robert Califf, admitted that Americans will now have to accept COVID-19 as another respiratory virus, comparing it to influenza.

Califf, Principal Deputy Commissioner Janet Woodcock, and top vaccine official Dr. Peter Marks wrote for the Journal of the American Medical Association that COVID-19 will be around for the foreseeable future while suggesting that it will require yearly vaccines targeting the most threatening variations of the virus....

The virus “will likely circulate globally for the foreseeable future, taking its place alongside other common respiratory viruses such as influenza. And it likely will require similar annual consideration for vaccine composition updates in consultation with the [FDA],” they continued.

But all of us remember what happened when Trump suggested this, right?

It’s a departure from the rhetoric that was expressed by public health officials in 2020 and 2021. In late October 2020, for example, current White House COVID-19 adviser Anthony Fauci said that President Donald Trump’s comparisons to the flu were false, telling NBC at the time “it is not correct to say it’s the same as flu.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fda-am...QGuStRr5Mn4%3D

You meathead liberals should listen to your conservative friends when we speak. Most conservatives were way out ahead of the curve on this -- just on the basis of raw statistics alone. Do you meatheads recall that there was virtually no flu season in 2021? And do you remember that the overall death rate for any and all causes for last year was virtually the same as previous years'?

In other words the left's reaction to covid was extreme to say the least! We didn't have to kill the economy, do lockdowns, wear face diapers, disrupt children's lives, do mandates, etc., etc.. We didn't have to! Sweden didn't and that country is doing fine. And now the FDA finally comes clean, conveniently just before the mid-terms, to tell us that there's not much difference between covid and the flu.

Wow! Thanks for the big breaking news, FDA!
Old 05-10-2022, 04:19 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Sigh. Why do you post shit like this?

The obvious answer to your stupidity, is that to the OLD and SICK, it was far worse than the flu. Those are the people who should have been locked down.

AND, the COVID that exists NOW isn't the same COVID that existed BACK AT THE START (you know, the INDUSTRIAL STRENGH VERSION that was actually killing the OLD and the SICK).

NOW, it's like the FLU for the OLD & the SICK.

Idiots on both sides of the equation, obviously.

Those who INSISTED on locking down EVERYONE at the beginning.

And those proclaiming the FDA is "coming clean" by saying it's like the Flu.

Yeah, it's like the Flu NOW. All these fucking variants keep getting weaker (thankfully). So now, to the old and sick, it's like the flu (which is still DANGEROUS to the old and sick).

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-10-2022 at 04:21 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2022, 04:23 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

One more thing.

For the MAJORITY of healthy people, it WAS LIKE THE FLU at the start...and is nothing more than a common cold NOW.

That's why the lockdowns for EVERYONE was insanity.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-10-2022 at 04:24 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2022, 05:09 PM   #4
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

The obvious answer to your stupidity, is that to the OLD and SICK, it was far worse than the flu. Those are the people who should have been locked down.
Thanks for stating the obvious! Many of us have said this from the beginning. That's just common sense. Protect the high at risk, while others can get on with their lives.
Old 05-10-2022, 05:14 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Thanks for stating the obvious! Many of us have said this from the beginning. That's just common sense. Protect the high at risk, while others can get on with their lives.
But it wasn't the flu to the old and the sick...that was the panic...and it engulfed us ALL.

That was the problem.

Your stupid post implies IT WAS JUST THE FLU for all...when in fact it wasn't.

The old and sick were dropping dead left and right from this during the first year or so.

So your propaganda isn't any better than the other side's.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:14 PM   #6
boxcar

Quote:
But it wasn't the flu to the old and the sick...that was the panic...and it engulfed us ALL.

That was the problem.

Your stupid post implies IT WAS JUST THE FLU for all...when in fact it wasn't.

The old and sick were dropping dead left and right from this during the first year or so.

So your propaganda isn't any better than the other side's.
My "propaganda"? What would that be: The article I posted with quotes from FDA officials? That "propaganda"?

You're making a distinction that the FDA in the article did not! The FDA did not qualify its assessment of covid, as you are doing.

Moreover, you ignore the stats for overall deaths from all causes for 2021, which have been posted on this forum in the past. While many of the higher risk people died from covid (again, as would naturally be expected! ), the fact remains that, statistically, it didn't move the needle very much, if at all, that measured deaths from all causes when compared to previous years.

So...before calling anyone's post stupid, learn to read!
Old 05-10-2022, 07:16 PM   #7
Fred Mertz

It was the common cold.

The gummint wanted to create a crisis to see what they and the media could get away with. They played the public like a violin. Cough! Cough!
Fred Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 09:36 AM   #8
classhandicapper

I don't take the CDC and FDA seriously anymore. I can't. They made it impossible. Both are too corrupt and incompetent. I get my information from people that were banned from Twitter.

That's my leading angle for finding someone that might be telling the truth. I still have to narrow down the field because it also contains grifters, spinners, liars, incompetents, and whackos, but at least you can get the other side of the story.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:49 PM   #9
mostpost

Quote:

AND, the COVID that exists NOW isn't the same COVID that existed BACK AT THE START (you know, the INDUSTRIAL STRENGH VERSION that was actually killing the OLD and the SICK).

NOW, it's like the FLU for the OLD & the SICK.

Idiots on both sides of the equation, obviously.

Those who INSISTED on locking down EVERYONE at the beginning.

And those proclaiming the FDA is "coming clean" by saying it's like the Flu.

Yeah, it's like the Flu NOW. All these fucking variants keep getting weaker (thankfully). So now, to the old and sick, it's like the flu (which is still DANGEROUS to the old and sick).
Just stop it! Stop posting stuff I agree with. Covid now is not the Covid of early 2020. It’s more contagious but considerably less dangerous. And the vaccines also make it less dangerous.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:55 PM   #10
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
FDA: Americans Should Treat COVID-19 Like the Flu

Several top Food and Drug Administration (FDA) officials, including Commissioner Robert Califf, admitted that Americans will now have to accept COVID-19 as another respiratory virus, comparing it to influenza.

Califf, Principal Deputy Commissioner Janet Woodcock, and top vaccine official Dr. Peter Marks wrote for the Journal of the American Medical Association that COVID-19 will be around for the foreseeable future while suggesting that it will require yearly vaccines targeting the most threatening variations of the virus....

The virus “will likely circulate globally for the foreseeable future, taking its place alongside other common respiratory viruses such as influenza. And it likely will require similar annual consideration for vaccine composition updates in consultation with the [FDA],” they continued.

But all of us remember what happened when Trump suggested this, right?

It’s a departure from the rhetoric that was expressed by public health officials in 2020 and 2021. In late October 2020, for example, current White House COVID-19 adviser Anthony Fauci said that President Donald Trump’s comparisons to the flu were false, telling NBC at the time “it is not correct to say it’s the same as flu.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fda-am...QGuStRr5Mn4%3D

You meathead liberals should listen to your conservative friends when we speak. Most conservatives were way out ahead of the curve on this -- just on the basis of raw statistics alone. Do you meatheads recall that there was virtually no flu season in 2021? And do you remember that the overall death rate for any and all causes for last year was virtually the same as previous years'?

In other words the left's reaction to covid was extreme to say the least! We didn't have to kill the economy, do lockdowns, wear face diapers, disrupt children's lives, do mandates, etc., etc.. We didn't have to! Sweden didn't and that country is doing fine. And now the FDA finally comes clean, conveniently just before the mid-terms, to tell us that there's not much difference between covid and the flu.

Wow! Thanks for the big breaking news, FDA!
You don’t get it. The comparison to influenza is not because they are of equal severity. It’s because both will be with us permanently. Both will require annual vaccination.
Old 05-11-2022, 08:18 PM   #11
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
You don’t get it. The comparison to influenza is not because they are of equal severity. It’s because both will be with us permanently. Both will require annual vaccination.
What a foolish thing to say. I have had one flu shot in my life and have had the flu once as an adult, they happened in the same year.

I did not get the chinavirus shot and got the chinavirus in January. It was milder than most colds I've had. Needless to say, I will never get the chinavirus shot.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 08:59 PM   #12
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Well, if covid is so much more deadly than the flu, why isn't that reflected in the 2021 deaths from all causes?

And you state the obvious! Of course, covid is here to stay!

P.S. I have never gotten a flu shot in my life. Nor will I ever get a covid shot, most especially since it's very likely my wife and I contracted it late last year. I'll take my chances with natural immunity. After all, natural immunity has worked out quite well for me with the flu for over 40 years! I have more history with natural immunity than the brain dead medical establishment has with covid and their so-called safe and effective drugs.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:29 AM   #13
classhandicapper

Covid is clearly more dangerous than flu for old, unhealthy, and obese people. It's less dangerous for kids, and probably similar for very young very healthy people. It's as you get older, gain too much weight, and get unhealthier that it slowly gets more dangerous.

So we should be encouraging people to lose weight, eat right and exercise, but the corrupt criminals in DC, in Pharma companies, and in the medical community etc.. would prefer we all get sick and run up healthcare bills so they can all get rich with medications, vaccines, treatments, payoffs, bribes, royalties etc..

We don't have a healthcare system.

We have a treatment system.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:54 AM   #14
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Covid is clearly more dangerous than flu for old, unhealthy, and obese people. It's less dangerous for kids, and probably similar for very young very healthy people. It's as you get older, gain too much weight, and get unhealthier that it slowly gets more dangerous.

So we should be encouraging people to lose weight, eat right and exercise, but the corrupt criminals in DC, in Pharma companies, and in the medical community etc.. would prefer we all get sick and run up healthcare bills so they can all get rich with medications, vaccines, treatments, payoffs, bribes, royalties etc..

The Mafia used to offer something similar to small business owners.

They called it 'Protection' and heaven help you if you said "No."

-jp

Old 05-13-2022, 02:08 PM   #15
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post

^^This.^^