Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 03-21-2022, 11:51 AM   #1
Half Smoke

Washington NFL blues

my home team

first, they had to change their name - they chose "Commanders" which sucks and which everybody here hates

then they brought in Carson Wentz who is a gigantic question mark

they have 3 excellent players in Chase Young, Terry McLaurin and Antonio Gibson

but I don't believe it will be enough - the immediate future looks ugly

should I switch gears and become a Ravens fan____?_______a lot of my family is from Baltimore

naaaah___________no way

Old 03-21-2022, 12:13 PM   #2
delfman

lucky they are in the NFC east. Otherwise they may not win a game for awhile.
Dallas will continue to be losers as long as J.Jones runs the team.

the Giants are a complete mess. I'd say whomever is the one making hiring decisions there is to blame. Stuff like this.

Current Contract Kenny Golladay signed a 4 year, $72,000,000 contract with the New York Giants, including a $17,000,000 signing bonus, $40,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $18,000,000. In 2022, Golladay will earn a base salary of $13,000,000, a roster bonus of $4,500,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000, while carrying a cap hit of $21,150,000 and a dead cap value of $31,100,000.

the Eagles owner is partly to blame for their shortcomings. Maybe Sirianni can right the ship, but it will be an uphill climb. Hurts is a huge threat to run and a poor passer. Makes it so much easier to game plan against them.

I can see the REDmanders getting maybe 4 wins next year.

McKissic, Samuel and Thomas are good players as well as the ones you listed. I'm sure they have a few good ones on defense as well. Just not enough. Taylor Heinicke looked to me a better QB last year than Wentz. Wentz will struggle big time IMO.
delfman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2022, 06:01 PM   #3
Fred Mertz

Cheer for the Baltimorons.
Fred Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2022, 12:39 PM   #4
delfman

lucky they are in the NFC east. Otherwise they may not win a game for awhile.
Dallas will continue to be losers as long as J.Jones runs the team.

the Giants are a complete mess. I'd say whomever is the one making hiring decisions there is to blame. Stuff like this.

Current Contract Kenny Golladay signed a 4 year, $72,000,000 contract with the New York Giants, including a $17,000,000 signing bonus, $40,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $18,000,000. In 2022, Golladay will earn a base salary of $13,000,000, a roster bonus of $4,500,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000, while carrying a cap hit of $21,150,000 and a dead cap value of $31,100,000.

the Eagles owner is partly to blame for their shortcomings. Maybe Sirianni can right the ship, but it will be an uphill climb. Hurts is a huge threat to run and a poor passer. Makes it so much easier to game plan against them.

I can see the REDmanders getting maybe 4 wins next year.

McKissic, Samuel and Thomas are good players as well as the ones you listed. I'm sure they have a few good ones on defense as well. Just not enough. Taylor Heinicke looked to me a better QB last year than Wentz. Wentz will struggle big time IMO.
Old 03-22-2022, 03:32 PM   #5
Inner Dirt

The formerly known as Redskins will never be a winner as long as Dan Snyder owns the team. Under his owner ship in a span of over 20 years the most wins they have had is 10, done 3 times. If you look at all the all time franchise offensive records they are all from players who did not play under Snyder, and that says something because the game keeps evolving to favor offense. They haven't had a decent QB since Joe Theisman. I always hope someone would get some dirt on Snyder that would force him to sell because I don't think I will out live him.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2022, 04:23 PM   #6
Robert Fischer
clean money

i strongly dislike the name. I am in favor of teams moving away from Native American names, mascots, chants... - I just don't like "Commanders" either, and it seemed like both a mediocre name/uniform and a pretentious fake 'fan-involvement process'.

Wentz seems like a solid QB who isn't going to be the reason the Commanders stink.

I'm not a super fan, and I don't watch a ton of film. At a glance he seems skilled, and maybe a half-beat slow.

Have no clue of their roster or record. Was a relatively big Redskins fan growing up.
Old 03-23-2022, 05:29 AM   #7
Half Smoke

I don't at all agree that Wentz is solid

pro football reference gave him a QB rating of 54.7 last year and 41.9 the year before that

in 2020 he threw 16 TDs and 15 picks

he's averaging throwing for about 30% less yards per game than the best QBs in the last 2 years

Old 03-23-2022, 01:38 PM   #8
delfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post

pro football reference gave him a QB rating of 54.7 last year and 41.9 the year before that

in 2020 he threw 16 TDs and 15 picks

he's averaging throwing for about 30% less yards per game than the best QBs in the last 2 years

Wentz isn't solid, but I can see him beating the eagles twice this year. He is to inconsistent and sloppy with the football. Takes way to many sacks. fumbles the ball loads . and throws tons of bad interceptions. He can carry a team to a few wins a year though. His game is a lot like my golf game. Some days I go out there and look like I should be doing it for a living. and then other days I can't even make pars.
He will have a handful of games a year where he looks the part of a top QB. But that will be hardly even 25% of the time.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:43 PM   #9
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post

pro football reference gave him a QB rating of 54.7 last year
I don't understand. That is 9th in the league for 2021.
Old 03-25-2022, 08:36 PM   #10
Robert Fischer
clean money

I guess it comes down to word meanings.

I can say QB1 is 'Mediocre', and everyone will think I mean he's 'Bad'.

if I say 'Solid', everyone thinks I mean he's 'Good'.

'Middling' isn't used a ton to describe QBs but say he's the 15th best QB in the league... then I'd say he's middling (or solid or mediocre lol).

He was 9th in QBR (an imperfect stat) on another fairly middling team last year, but they tried to protect his shortcoming with a running game, and he did look a half-step slow to me on film.

Year before that (his last year in Philly) stunk and lots went wrong.

First full season in Philly and his stats had him as an Elite QB.
Most years he's been between 10-20th best in his stats

Right now Washington Commanders are '26th' in power rankings. That likely includes low opinion of Wentz, but the point is that if the Team is the 20th best team, and he's the 18th best QB, he's not going to drag them down from the playoffs. Their ceiling is lower than his ceiling.

They have a weak team, and they hoped to sign Wentz to get fans hopes up again, but he doesn't figure to make much difference either way.

But hey, maybe he falls apart, and throws a bunch of picks and has injuries and looks as bad as the bad season he played his last year in Philly. It could happen.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 03-25-2022 at 08:41 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply