Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:45 PM   #5521
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

PACE POWER

I designed a pace play a couple years ago called "PACE POWER". To be honest...I don't remember the "rules" for the play. I do recall it worked better at lower-tier tracks.

Los Alamitos fits the bill so I'll give it a shot today (it can be found on BEST-FIVE)

Old 06-30-2019, 11:48 PM   #5522
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Looking at the latest posts--this site resembles FaceBook more than PA.

Just my opinion...............
Old 06-30-2019, 11:51 PM   #5523
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Looking at the latest posts--this site resembles FaceBook more than PA.

Just my opinion...............
What seems to be the problem?....A little detail here, an example there,...speak out..
Old 07-01-2019, 02:14 PM   #5524
haappyy

nice day at los al
Old 07-02-2019, 03:59 PM   #5525
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Parx 8th

TY Haappyy

Here's a race coming up at Parx, in the 8th. It's a grade3 200K race. A horse I wouldn't look at twice--PLAY ME A MEMORY 20-1, has no business even being in this race .

I noticed him because he fits my lone speed play (only "E" style horse in race--2 pt Quirin gap to 2nd highest--back in 30 days).

He's 0-for-last 2 years--trainer and jockey win once a decade...but I'm gonna stick some money on him to win.

Stranger things have happened, especially at Parx.

-NCG
Old 07-02-2019, 05:10 PM   #5526
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

EXOTIC BETS

Okayyy..that was fun

Here's a "pick-all" card from Presque. This is just one (Top Power) of 4 differently handicapped cards to use while selecting exotics. There is also a "Tip Sheet" as well, to help make picks. Also helps find singles in your sequence--to cut down on cost.

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 07-02-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:51 AM   #5527
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Woodbine!

When I first came to this site...someone told me "It's impossible to win at Woodbine--you'll just throw you're money away betting that track"

I thought "we'll just see about that!"

Well....we saw about it. I lost my @$$ until I finally realized I was whipped. You really CAN'T win there. I left in disgust, never to return.

Until today

I'll use the PLATINUM Best Bets...and another Platinum angle called "High Class"...which in reality is just the top T/J by win %...and top Bris Prime Power in that particular race. They must top both to be in the "High Class" category.
Naturally, they don't pay squat...and really don't win as often as you might think.

Anyhoo, here's tomorrow's Platinum Best Bets and High Class picks for Woodbine.

Piece of cake----right?

-NCG
Old 07-04-2019, 12:21 AM   #5528
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Got a nice email from a recent new customer:

Hi Greg,

"I must admit, i am extremely impressed with both the Best 5 and Platinum Power consensus and spot play reports. I've been picking and choosing the best races each day and so far it has been paying dividends. It's nice to finally find someone who cares about the product he puts out. I can tell you that i have tried 75% of all major systems ever to come down the pike, and these are head and shoulders above them, I take my hat off to you sir. I have had a subscription to RPM publications forever and they put out quite a lot of garbage. Thank you for caring about this wonderful game enough to make these phenomenal systems available."
Old 07-04-2019, 02:35 PM   #5529
green80

Quote:
Got a nice email from a recent new customer:

Hi Greg,

"I must admit, i am extremely impressed with both the Best 5 and Platinum Power consensus and spot play reports. I've been picking and choosing the best races each day and so far it has been paying dividends. It's nice to finally find someone who cares about the product he puts out. I can tell you that i have tried 75% of all major systems ever to come down the pike, and these are head and shoulders above them, I take my hat off to you sir. I have had a subscription to RPM publications forever and they put out quite a lot of garbage. Thank you for caring about this wonderful game enough to make these phenomenal systems available."

I just can't seem to figure out which ones are the "best races" each day
Old 07-04-2019, 03:03 PM   #5530
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
I just can't seem to figure out which ones are the "best races" each day
Isn't it obvious?

(I'm just trying to be funny--the "best races" are always a matter of opinion. Software only helps form that opinion-or at least it should)

Some people are completely lost...and can't be helped--unless their software makes winning picks for them. Over the years I've found that a certain group of "horse players" actually DO expect to be told what and when to bet, and make money.

Of course, it doesn't happen...you can guess who they blame for their losing.

The gentleman that wrote that complimentary e-mail is an attorney from New Jersey...he, like most from New Jersey--sounds like a mobster over the phone. He's actually very intelligent.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:14 PM   #5531
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Stable Watch

4th Race - Canterbury Park - Thursday, July 4th SILVERA 7/2

8th Race - Delta Downs - Friday, July 5th KINGSLAYER 15-1

Old 07-04-2019, 04:42 PM   #5532
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

LRC PACE POWER

Did okay with the Pace Power play @ LRC the other day.

Let's try it again:

Old 07-04-2019, 09:16 PM   #5533
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Some people are completely lost...and can't be helped--unless their software makes winning picks for them. Over the years I've found that a certain group of "horse players" actually DO expect to be told what and when to bet, and make money.

Of course, it doesn't happen...you can guess who they blame for their losing.
I agree 100%. As I have posted before, I am not a believer in "black boxes". I am sure that some people have some customized black box software, but most handicappers don't want to do the work required to be profitable in this game. If horse racing is just entertainment, fine. But making money changes it to an entirely different endeavor.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:16 AM   #5534
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Horseplayer's curse

Was looking long and hard at a maiden in the 9th @ Los Alamitos named Irish Ballad. At first glance, wasn't much...but at 10-1 ML he showed some signs he could have a say in the outcome.

He had come close at this appx level before, but his current condition was a big question mark. he was coming off not 1, but 2 layoffs in a row. He was certain to be a big price, I was set to pull the trigger--THEN I looked at the trainer's record:

We've all been here before--0 for 63 coming back from a layoff, I quickly turned my attn elsewhere. No way in hell was I wasting good money on this horse and trainer.

The 9th race result:

Old 07-07-2019, 03:33 AM   #5535
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Not my favorite track, but Belmont Top-2 Platinum Power (before scratches)...once in a while we actually win here.

Closed Thread