Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-31-2022, 03:39 PM   #16
Fred Mertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
How do you defend your home with vaginas, I am confused?

You got me. Several weapons at home.

If I lived in NYC, I'd be armed to the teeth.
Fred Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 03:52 PM   #17
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
I have similar views. There's no question that quite a few of these mass shooters, especially the teenagers, had a history of violent behavior and were still able to buy a gun at 18 years of age and go on a shooting rampage. Obviously there needs to be better regulations on guns.
I find it much less than obvious. Thousands of 18 yr olds buy or are gifted with rifles etc on their 18th birthday. Taking away their rights because a few bad ones were unsupervised idiots, is not a solution.

There are teens all across the midwest who own guns (have access to) through their families tradition of hunting and they are not going around shooting up schoolhouses. Marksmanship used to be a week long course in gym class. Kids brought their guns to school.

It all goes back to the kids we are raising today, mental health and discipline. You will never stop the evil or disturbed individual with a law.

If we start stripping peoples rights due to relatively few bad apples, we are betraying our founding. We might as well throw away the founding documents and let the media decide what we can and cannot own, do, practice and partake.

The whiplash would be constant and we would not improve our way of life one iota.
Old 05-31-2022, 03:57 PM   #18
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I don't have a vagina, but based on that comment you may be a dick.

I was born, raised, and live in NYC. Only criminals and police are allowed to have guns in NYC. The rest of us don't go to dangerous neighborhoods.

When I was 7 years old I fired my first real gun, I was mature for my age and my dad was a cop. Of course I never shot a gun without adult supervision.
That was in another place and time when California was pretty open for target shooting and hunting in rural areas, today you pretty much have to go to a range to shoot, the open areas for shooting are probably 5% of what they were 50 years ago. Where I was at in the desert I could hop my back fence walk 100 yards and it was legal to shoot.

Fast forward 50+ years later living in the woods of Virginia, same thing even more lax. You can shoot anything you consider a varmint or pest. So opposite of modern California. My neighbor had a beaver that kept building a dam on a creek running through his property that was flooding his wife's flower garden.
Note, in that scenario in California you would have to call animal control to relocate it, if you harmed the beaver you could be in trouble.

So here in Beaverdam Virginia my neighbor calls the county clerks office.

Shocked he would ask what to do with a problem beaver, the clerk said "don't you own a rifle?"

I definitely can understand how a law abiding city slicker is never around a gun owner and has no desire to be one themselves. I can understand that on the other hand I expect them to understand some people have been around guns and legal shooting areas their whole lives and gun ownership
is part of a normal life to them
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 06:44 PM   #19
Marshall Bennett

I doubt Canada will be considered the model candidate, given the retarded nature of Trudeau's character and leadership.
Canada is becoming more and more like the Soviet Union before it was dismantled. Trudeau has stripped the citizens of most of their civil rights, so taking their guns is a no-brainer.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 06:48 PM   #20
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
When I was 7 years old I fired my first real gun, I was mature for my age and my dad was a cop. Of course I never shot a gun without adult supervision.
That was in another place and time when California was pretty open for target shooting and hunting in rural areas, today you pretty much have to go to a range to shoot, the open areas for shooting are probably 5% of what they were 50 years ago. Where I was at in the desert I could hop my back fence walk 100 yards and it was legal to shoot.

Fast forward 50+ years later living in the woods of Virginia, same thing even more lax. You can shoot anything you consider a varmint or pest. So opposite of modern California. My neighbor had a beaver that kept building a dam on a creek running through his property that was flooding his wife's flower garden.
Note, in that scenario in California you would have to call animal control to relocate it, if you harmed the beaver you could be in trouble.

So here in Beaverdam Virginia my neighbor calls the county clerks office.

Shocked he would ask what to do with a problem beaver, the clerk said "don't you own a rifle?"

I definitely can understand how a law abiding city slicker is never around a gun owner and has no desire to be one themselves. I can understand that on the other hand I expect them to understand some people have been around guns and legal shooting areas their whole lives and gun ownership

I was probsbly about the same age, shot several weapons that day and my dad had to get behind me to catch me cause of the recoil lol shot a 45, 357 pistols then 357 270 rifles , 12 gauge 20 guage shot guns. sometimes target practice shooting turtles out of the river with a 22 lol Ive been shooting weapons most of my childhood into early adult and now do not own any.
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 06:56 PM   #21
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorseplayer View Post
I was probsbly about the same age, shot several weapons that day and my dad had to get behind me to catch me cause of the recoil lol shot a 45, 357 pistols then 357 270 rifles , 12 gauge 20 guage shot guns. sometimes target practice shooting turtles out of the river with a 22 lol Ive been shooting weapons most of my childhood into early adult and now do not own any.

I still have the .357 I fired as a kid. When things got a little tight I reluctantly sold off a couple guns, last one I sold I met a trucker at a restaurant off I-95 that had truck parking. He said he was going to sleep with it. Are sleeping in rest areas not as dangerous for truckers as TV claims? Probably depends on the area.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:00 PM   #22
classhandicapper

Quote:
I definitely understand it and have no problem with it EXCEPT that we know many of these large scale killings occur with certain types of weapons.

That leaves us with a choice.

Accept tougher background checks, mental health checks, and other possible restrictions on these types of guns or allow these large scales killings to continue. We can't allow the killings to continue just because some people want certain types of guns. But we don't necessarily want the left to go way overboard and restrict all kind of guns that people use to hunt, defend themselves, target shoot etc.. So a reasonable compromise is making it tougher to get the types of guns that can do the most damage.
Old 05-31-2022, 08:35 PM   #23
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I definitely understand it and have no problem with it EXCEPT that we know many of these large scale killings occur with certain types of weapons.

Accept tougher background checks, mental health checks, and other possible restrictions on these types of guns or allow these large scales killings to continue. We can't allow the killings to continue just because some people want certain types of guns. But we don't necessarily want the left to go way overboard and restrict all kind of guns that people use to hunt, defend themselves, target shoot etc.. So a reasonable compromise is making it tougher to get the types of guns that can do the most damage.

The problem is any gun with a detachable magazine has a capacity only limited by how big an after market manufacturer wants to go. The model of
guns for which 50-100 magazines are made for grows by the week. There are a lot of gun brands the average Joe isn't aware of. Some are made complete
others are made from parts sourced from multiple vendors. Picture of some bolt handles in process to earn some street cred. No worries, I have a customer with a firearms license who sells to gunsmiths, and collectors who restore vintage rifles. I do all the round parts as in lathe work and he does the square work as in milling. Neither of us has a barrel rifling machine that is a whole other skill. We are not making "assault weapon" parts. Modern bolt action rifles would be considered sniper rifles. I have seen some pretty interesting stuff.

My customer scavenges gun forms to look for people needing parts they can't seem to find, then buys lots of decommissioned guns, hopefully to make one half way descent one out of a pile of battered rusted junk.
I get to make the screws, that is fun trying to figure out what the thing looked like before it became a rusted mangled piece of crap.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bolt Handles.jpg (489.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-31-2022, 09:03 PM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:

I wandered off on the last post, I will give my proposed solutions.
I think we need to end the instant sealing of a juvenile record when a person turns 18, when it comes to a background check for a gun and crime sentencing. My loser nephew comes to mind, when someone tried to stop him from stealing their car at 17 he pulled a knife. He had a long juvenile record he was proud of, that should not magically disappear at 18. Maybe there should be a system with a juvenile offense falls off after a set amount of time based on severity.

As I have said a zillion times before enforce the gun laws we have on the books, especially the violent felons cannot posses a gun. That one gets minimal to no enforcement. I noticed that when looking at the rap sheets of those innocent minorities that got the wrong end of the stick
when resisting arrest. I have a sneaking feeling that isn't a strictly enforced law because who it will put behind bars.

I have no problem with red flag laws but they should have a high burden of proof before taking someone's guns.
Old 05-31-2022, 09:12 PM   #25
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
I still have the .357 I fired as a kid. When things got a little tight I reluctantly sold off a couple guns, last one I sold I met a trucker at a restaurant off I-95 that had truck parking. He said he was going to sleep with it. Are sleeping in rest areas not as dangerous for truckers as TV claims? Probably depends on the area.
I usually try to sleep in rest areas instead if truck stops and never had a problem in either
Old 05-31-2022, 09:47 PM   #26
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
I have no problem with red flag laws but they should have a high burden of proof before taking someone's guns.
100%
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 09:59 PM   #27
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
So we as a country do not care what Canada does really, I was like anti Canada for a very long time because many wanted to impose their ways here. Do not feel so protected because your on the border with us, have of us want no part of your ways and would be a fair weather friend given the chance.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 10:42 PM   #28
Inner Dirt

So which states have the most disgusting rest areas in your opinion? I only have been to about half the lower 48 , I think California has the most disgusting ones, especially in the rural areas.
Old 05-31-2022, 11:08 PM   #29
davew

the criminals are celebrating as there will be less opposition and their profit margin will go up on hand guns.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 11:10 PM   #30
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
So which states have the most disgusting rest areas in your opinion? I only have been to about half the lower 48 , I think California has the most disgusting ones, especially in the rural areas.

theres a few in wyoming, kansas, illinois, that are total disgusting will make note as starting to lease on with a new company probably start driving tomorrow pulling a refer mainly run from midwest to southwest and of course into cali hauling food, can make more at this then dry van but really dont like trying to sleep with that refer running it gets tough as its been years since I pulled a refer lol have not been home now for over 5 weeks and now since starting to lease truck with new company will stay out for 3 more weeks till home time and finally see the woman lol