Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 07-26-2007, 10:46 PM   #1
the_fat_man
Veteran

SPA ---7/27 R5

4 turf races at the SPA on Friday and I have opinions on all of them BUT this one is probably the most interesting.

Emirates to Dubai, freshly graduated, PERFECT TRIP last out:

sat INSIDE, drafting while a couple went at it at the front and My Michael, the competition, was at the end of the pack early (why?)

so My Michael makes a long and wide run to get to contention entering the stretch and at that point EtD FINALLY is asked to kick in and draws off like a nice horse. The last 1/8 being FASTER than the penultimate 1/8th and the laster quarter faster than the middle one.

So, EtD did some running, perfect trip and all.

And he figures to get a nice setup, even breaking from the outside, with all the speed in the race:

Guns DRawn: they paid $210k for the guy, who is the only TBRED that can't get 5F Last I heard, they were going to check his DNA for Qhorse genes.

Unaffected figures to be out there as well, although, GD quits on his own, pressure or otherwise

Then we have Snowstalker (zzzzzzzzzz) and the $230k Big Train (zzzzzzzzz, again)

And the $950K Unbridled Trust, yet to try the turf. What's his breeding like?

And, from the group that brought us Trippi's Storm,

we have the (UNGELDED --they learned their lesson) Gold Trippi, who's actually run against some nice horses --though he looked TERRIBLE (formwise) in the stretch against CP West ---(looked like one of Pat Reynolds horses)

Hough has everything running in his barn. And, of course, you won't get a price on this one.

ANd you won't get a price on EtD.

What am I missing?

Last edited by the_fat_man; 07-26-2007 at 10:50 PM.
the_fat_man is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
Robert Fischer
clean money

snowstalker could fill out a tri or super. He beat that danehill Justy in his first start closing and showed some turf sprint ability. We know he isn't a router now, and i dislike route speed on the cutback but he should do a little better

linda rice has a nice animal. Flip a coin if he takes to the turf

unbridled trust isn't a turf horse per say , but there is no reason he doesn't fit at this class and surface, - what happened at keeneland? did he quit? Brigmohan isn't making his money on the grass either

4-1 is dissapointing for the trippi horse. He should be a good longshot, but the oddsmaker did too much handicapping in my opinion. Trippis are doing well on the turf

Godolphin has a nice animal

turf sprints are too dificult for me without an underlay
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2007, 12:26 AM   #3
Ron

We'll get to see how Executive Fleet's friends do in the first race on dirt. Lord Snowdon won on the dirt Wednesday. I like Desormeaux in these turf sprints.

Thanks for breaking these races down the_fat_man, I have a lot to learn.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2007, 05:08 PM   #4
the_fat_man
Veteran

Perfect setup for two to come from the clouds for a $26 number.

First time TRippi has changed leads in the stretch; he must like it. Wish Hough had found a bit of a longer race for him.

Oh, and Guns Drawn was hovering at 11 to 1 and then took a hit to 8:1 just before they loaded. What a joke that people are betting that this horse can get 5 1/2F
the_fat_man is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
Robert Fischer
clean money

ok Trippi got a decent price. $26 is more than a fair exacta payout, especially considering there weren't a whole lot of others worthy of being keyed or boxed under the Godolphin horse
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: