Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 07-25-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
warrant
Veteran

saratoga live video feed?

is there one for this track?

thank you
Justin
warrant is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2007, 12:42 PM   #2
westny

YOUBET is BADBET

Yes, the video from Saratoga is available. But, BADBET(YOUBET) has voice and bleedover from MONM.

NOW, the Saratoga video disappeared, and MON is in it's place.

No one believed me when I stated that BADBET video codec is 3 gens behind and they so oversubscribe their muxes, that their crappy equipment cannot support video.

Good luck calling customer (dis)service.
westny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
point given

OTB video

The saratoga video is the OTB feed. This is outrageous as it is 2nd generation and not a direct track feed. The video sucks and i cant tell one horse from another. Why does Youbet not have a direct track feed ? Is there a direct feed on other providers ? or is this a temporary thing they patched together. ?? 't

Now the video is the direct track feed at 1:24pm on youbet, but the audio is crackling all over the place, guess its a technical glitch , not exactly the way you want to start the meet. Especially if you bet on Massoud in the 1st race !
Then again i had a saver on the 5 who won for the DD but didnot bet him in the exacta last minute.

Last edited by point given; 07-25-2007 at 01:28 PM. Reason: add on
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2007, 01:24 PM   #4
warrant
Veteran

i cant get any youbet video feeds to work

did they change something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by westny
Yes, the video from Saratoga is available. But, BADBET(YOUBET) has voice and bleedover from MONM.

NOW, the Saratoga video disappeared, and MON is in it's place.

No one believed me when I stated that BADBET video codec is 3 gens behind and they so oversubscribe their muxes, that their crappy equipment cannot support video.

Good luck calling customer (dis)service.
warrant is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2007, 02:53 PM   #5
NoCal Boy

I have had no problems with video feeds on Youbet from Saratoga or the other few tracks I have watched today. You need to understand that in most cases the video feed is dependent on your carrier. I am here in San Jose and my feed works fine. You can be in Buffalo and it works not so fine. It is not Youbet, but the distribution. Comcast cable access through San Jose just happens to be working better at the moment than Adelphia through Buffalo. Sometimes it is the reverse. Most times it is probably the same.

I get a kick out of those who simply criticize for the sake of criticism. Most, if not all, ADW's would love to have Youbet's technology. It is far from perfect, but how do you compare Youbet to winticket and others that get so far fewer hits?

Youbet does a fine job with ADW. I am sure PTC is doing the same. I understand Brisbet does a fine job. No idea on Xpressbet or twinspires.com.

Enjoy the Spa and then on to Del Mar followed by The Big M harness. Not such a bad day.
NoCal Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
westny

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCal Boy
I have had no problems with video feeds on Youbet from Saratoga or the other few tracks I have watched today. You need to understand that in most cases the video feed is dependent on your carrier. I am here in San Jose and my feed works fine. You can be in Buffalo and it works not so fine. It is not Youbet, but the distribution. Comcast cable access through San Jose just happens to be working better at the moment than Adelphia through Buffalo. Sometimes it is the reverse. Most times it is probably the same.

I get a kick out of those who simply criticize for the sake of criticism. Most, if not all, ADW's would love to have Youbet's technology. It is far from perfect, but how do you compare Youbet to winticket and others that get so far fewer hits?

Youbet does a fine job with ADW. I am sure PTC is doing the same. I understand Brisbet does a fine job. No idea on Xpressbet or twinspires.com.

Enjoy the Spa and then on to Del Mar followed by The Big M harness. Not such a bad day.

And I get a kick from people who criticize others when they haven't the remotest idea what drivel they are spouting.

ANY Cable company has nothing to do with Youbet. Comcast,Cox,Cablevision are simply carriers of data...voice, data blocks, and video.

IF the cable company was the problem, then NO DATA WOULD GET TO YOUR TV OR PC. Every www on my PC worked just fine including video from Brisbet and MY TV...all use direct cable connections from Cablevision here in NY.

Now, for YOUR education...YOUBET has a contract with ROBERTS Communication. ROBERTS is a DISTRIBUTER of information...in this case a satillite feed from NYRA. The track sends out it's signal via a satillite uplink... YOUBET has a contract with Roberts to capture and distribute the NYRA track signal. YOUBET(TVG) PAYS NYRA for signal that ROBERTS distributes.

Roberts gets the NYRA signal on the downlink...breaks-up the "BIG" signal into multiple"LITTLE" SIGNALS via muxes and distributes the nyra signal TO COMPANIES LIKE YOUBET WHO USE ROBERTS as their "broadcast provider".

I am simplifying this explanation to concentrate on the Satillite signal.
There are several other intermediate paths from the satillite signals to end user, in this case ROBERTS, which are not germaine to this issue.

The FACT that the YOUBET SAR video signal WAS MIXED ON MY PC SCREEN with YOUBET'S video from MON and ELLIS tells me the problem WAS AT ROBERTS Communications, or YOUBET"S DISTRIBUTOR. No ifs' and, or buts here.

Last edited by westny; 07-25-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:42 AM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by westny
The FACT that the YOUBET SAR video signal WAS MIXED ON MY PC SCREEN with YOUBET'S video from MON and ELLIS tells me the problem WAS AT ROBERTS Communications, or YOUBET"S DISTRIBUTOR. No ifs' and, or buts here.
You failed to include Roberts as a possible culprit to your video dilemma in your initial post. You made it seem as though it couldn't be anyone else's fault except for YouBet. Then, when someone else points out that their YouBet video is working just fine, you thrown Roberts into the mix.

In fact, there could be multiple reasons why you aren't getting optimal video feed performance out of YouBet. Yes, YouBet might be one of the reasons, although having others state that their video is just fine weakens that end of your argument.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2007, 06:16 AM   #8
westny

I called YOUBET customer service yesterday. They acknowledged that they DID HAVE A PROBLEM. Another customer called...another determined person waited 20 minutes to get through. And guess what, the video problem was "fixed" at approximately 1:30 pm.

YOU are assuming YOUBET uses Roberts on both coasts. THAT may not be the case. YOU are assuming THAT poster's video was A-OK when that post was made...hours later.

As I posted, YOUBET is an advertiser here.
IF YOU READ MY POST, which you did not; you would have understood that ALL other video on my PC worked just fine.

End of story and posts here about your advertiser.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:26 AM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I criticized YouBet on this board myself the other day. I don't care that they are an advertiser here when it comes to people posting the whole truth.

I do however, find it interesting that critical posts about YouBet seemed to have increased MAGICALLY right after they BECAME advertisers.

But, forget about that for a moment, and forget that they advertise here, which makes NO DIFFERENCE one way or another. If I was so worried about negative comments about YouBet, I'd simply delete all the negative comments about them, would I not? After all, you're painting me as some sort of suck up, which I am clearly not.

OK, now that we've cleared the air. I did not assume anything about YouBet or Roberts. I simply replied to this thread based on the info YOU posted.

And whether or not all the other video worked just fine on your PC is immaterial. YouBet doesn't use the same technology as other sources, as you yourself stated. Thus, it could easily be something about your PC which is having problems with their particular feed. At work I can get YouBet just fine but can't get BrisBET because of a firewall issue. Obviously, that's not your problem, but it IS an example of how a PC can have trouble with one provider and not another, even if BOTH providers are sending out TROUBLE FREE signals.

I'd also like to point out that your last post was the FIRST TIME you mention the fact that you called YouBet about your video problem and it is the FIRST TIME in this thread that you reveal YouBet acknowledged a video problem on their end.

If you had done this in the first place, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now....
Old 07-26-2007, 11:35 AM   #10
point given

advertisers posting

What is your policy about advertisers posting here as part of the posting process ? It doesnot seem normal to me that the advertiser is part of the postings. On most sites the advertiser is not part of the forum, but has a banner or box ad. While they can have an employee post as an individual, instead of as the advertisor secretly, it is often detected by most, or suspected as they write couched, biased posts on behalf of their employer, or FRIEND. While i appreciate the PTC posts as Ian is communicating personally and trying to improve the ADW process for the horseplayer, I find myself resenting the Youbet stuff for some reason, maybe my bias vs their company as I have had problems with them over tech stuff in the past and found their customer service wanting in resolving my problems. My buddy also had a similar experience with similar problems and switched out too. It would seem they are taking a reactive approach to keep from losing business, as many of their charges for services arenot smaller player friendly, as a large proportion of their business is for whales at IRG. They want to be all things to all players, but they try to exclude smaller players by use of charges, for deposits, replays, video, stats, etc. Of course those who get comped and/or rebated, can't be bothered by all this chatter.
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #11
ryesteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by point given
What is your policy about advertisers posting here as part of the posting process ? It doesnot seem normal to me that the advertiser is part of the postings. On most sites the advertiser is not part of the forum, but has a banner or box ad. While they can have an employee post as an individual, instead of as the advertisor secretly, it is often detected by most, or suspected as they write couched, biased posts on behalf of their employer, or FRIEND.
Right... so wouldn't it make more sense to let them post openly, in order to avoid those sorts of suspicions and conspiracy theories? As a prospective customer of any and all advertisers, I'm happy to have them here as part of the process.
ryesteve is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2007, 01:43 PM   #12
Dave Schwartz

FWIW, I just watched the 2nd at Saratoga simultaneously at YouBet and TVG (via satellite).

The picture was, of course, much better at TVG.

The YouBet picture was not up to the standards they have been raised to in recent weeks, but was not jerky just a little fuzzy. It was interesting to note that the picture deteriorated significantly after the gate opened. Up until they began loading the gate, the picture was crystal clear.

Finally, YouBet was 32 seconds behind my TVG/satellite feed.

I have actually charted some of these time differences in the past. Anecdotally speaking, I would say that YouBet is from 9-30 seconds behind via the web (on my full T1 connection), with the average just about in the middle. On very rare occasions I have seen YouBet actually 3-5 seconds ahead of TVG.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2007, 01:28 AM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by point given
What is your policy about advertisers posting here as part of the posting process ? It doesnot seem normal to me that the advertiser is part of the postings. On most sites the advertiser is not part of the forum, but has a banner or box ad. While they can have an employee post as an individual, instead of as the advertisor secretly, it is often detected by most, or suspected as they write couched, biased posts on behalf of their employer, or FRIEND.
Huh? I don't think I understand what you are trying to say. Active sponsors that wish to post on the forums must be clearly marked as such. This is done to AVOID exactly what you describe above (ie. advertisers posting surreptitiously).

At least at PaceAdvantage.Com, you KNOW when an active advertiser is posting, because he or she is clearly MARKED as an advertiser. Case in point in this thread is Dave Schwartz. You see under his user name, in blue letters "Authorized Advertiser - HorseStreet.Com"

I hope I've addressed your concerns....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: