Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
GatetoWire

iPad Handicapping

I just got an iPad and was wondering what Apps are the best for doodling hand written notes on top of DRF PDF past performances.

Are there any other good iPad apps for handicapping?
GatetoWire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatetoWire
I just got an iPad and was wondering what Apps are the best for doodling hand written notes on top of DRF PDF past performances.

Are there any other good iPad apps for handicapping?

Don't miss these threads

http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78743

http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76935
Old 03-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
GatetoWire

Thanks Ralph....I saw there were a few options for writing.
Appreciate your input and the links to the previous forums.

I am excited about eliminating paper from my handicapping both at home and at the track.
GatetoWire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2011, 02:04 AM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I did five days in Saratoga last August without printing a thing and never even walked up to a window the whole week. Bet right from the Ipad.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
mannyberrios
easygoer

Yes! And from my iPhone , I can do the same.
mannyberrios is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2011, 03:44 AM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I used to think the same thing since I also had an iPhone prior to the iPad. The 7-inch screen makes a world of difference...for starters...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
iCoder

iHandicapRaces is available for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to chime in here to let you know about our handicapping products available for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.

iHandicapRaces is a graphical handicapping tool priced currently at $1.99 (Triple Crown Sale normally $9.99) that uses graphing, track corrections and our specially developed pace figures that you can download for $0.99. Each downloaded data pack has every horse with data for every race for a single track. Our standard weights are included and together with the data iHandicapRaces provides a ranking of the best horses in a race. It has a good track record of having the winner in the top 3 picks. An example of that is given on our blog. It shows how you could have played winners at the 2010 Kentucky Derby and cashed tickets totaling over $19000.00. But don't take our word for it. Install our free app Horse Racing ROTD on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and download last years Derby data from our archives and see for yourself!

It has also produced a lot of exotic wagers without any need to handicap at all. Having said that, it was never our intention to have the software make any race picks. Our original design was to provide an app that allowed you to quickly visualize a horses past performance. Having that information you would use your own handicapping skills to make the picks and use iHandicapRaces to keep track of everything for you with it's picks organizer. We soon realized, after working with it for a while, that providing a good rank by automating our manual process of reviewing the graphs was possible. And that's why it has a ranking feature that we continue to improve. To see how this performs you can download Horse Racing ROTD for FREE to get a compete look at everything. Go over races you've bet recently by downloading our archive data and see if iHandicapRaces could give you an edge. All for about the cost of a cup of coffee while you're going over the DRF.

Horse Racing ROTD (Race of the Day) is a free app that has everything that iHandicapRaces has except you can not purchase a data pack and there is no manual entry mode. A single race each day of our choosing is provided for download to analyze with Horse Racing ROTD. You can download our archive data that is current to about Oct. 30th 2010. There are data files there for the Derby (May 1, 2010) also. So if you have an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, don't miss out on downloading it because the featured ROTD will be a Derby prep race when available.

iHandicapPace is a full featured pace calculator for $0.99 and is the core pace calculations engine for iHandicapRaces and Horse Racing ROTD. It will allow you to calculate quarter pace, final pace and average speed. And on Derby Day, the Kentucky Derby will be ROTD.

Thanks for reading. We hope you enjoy our handicapping tools and good luck at the Derby. If you have any questions or comment PLEASE let us know.

Thanks Again,
Old 03-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
redshift1

redshift1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2011, 02:17 AM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift1
Duh...I don't know why I was thinking 7...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #10
aaron

I've used the ipad at otb's and the track and found it pretty easy to maneuver. I usually have the form,but use other data on the I pad without printing it out. On occasion, I will just use the form on the ipad and it displays fine,but I guess I'm still finding old habits hard to break, so I usually print the form.
I have also used the ipad to bet and have not had a problem.
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #11
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCoder
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to chime in here to let you know about our handicapping products available for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.

iHandicapRaces is a graphical handicapping tool priced currently at $1.99 (Triple Crown Sale normally $9.99) that uses graphing, track corrections and our specially developed pace figures that you can download for $0.99. Each downloaded data pack has every horse with data for every race for a single track. Our standard weights are included and together with the data iHandicapRaces provides a ranking of the best horses in a race. It has a good track record of having the winner in the top 3 picks. An example of that is given on our blog. It shows how you could have played winners at the 2010 Kentucky Derby and cashed tickets totaling over $19000.00. But don't take our word for it. Install our free app Horse Racing ROTD on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and download last years Derby data from our archives and see for yourself!

It has also produced a lot of exotic wagers without any need to handicap at all. Having said that, it was never our intention to have the software make any race picks. Our original design was to provide an app that allowed you to quickly visualize a horses past performance. Having that information you would use your own handicapping skills to make the picks and use iHandicapRaces to keep track of everything for you with it's picks organizer. We soon realized, after working with it for a while, that providing a good rank by automating our manual process of reviewing the graphs was possible. And that's why it has a ranking feature that we continue to improve. To see how this performs you can download Horse Racing ROTD for FREE to get a compete look at everything. Go over races you've bet recently by downloading our archive data and see if iHandicapRaces could give you an edge. All for about the cost of a cup of coffee while you're going over the DRF.

Horse Racing ROTD (Race of the Day) is a free app that has everything that iHandicapRaces has except you can not purchase a data pack and there is no manual entry mode. A single race each day of our choosing is provided for download to analyze with Horse Racing ROTD. You can download our archive data that is current to about Oct. 30th 2010. There are data files there for the Derby (May 1, 2010) also. So if you have an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, don't miss out on downloading it because the featured ROTD will be a Derby prep race when available.

iHandicapPace is a full featured pace calculator for $0.99 and is the core pace calculations engine for iHandicapRaces and Horse Racing ROTD. It will allow you to calculate quarter pace, final pace and average speed. And on Derby Day, the Kentucky Derby will be ROTD.

Thanks for reading. We hope you enjoy our handicapping tools and good luck at the Derby. If you have any questions or comment PLEASE let us know.

Thanks Again,
i was impressed by looking at your website, i wanted to order it but found no place to do so
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #12
BillW
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i was impressed by looking at your website, i wanted to order it but found no place to do so
Check the iPhone app Store
Old 03-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #13
aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
I think you have to order yhru the apps on your ipad or iphone.
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #14
iCoder

Infinite-Monkey Apps

Hi lamboguy,

As mentioned by BillW. The software is available through the Apple App Store. It can only be downloaded and installed to an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. If you do not have one of these rest assured we are working as fast as we can to get it onto other platforms. We have begun the Android version and in conjunction with that will will leverage the Java code to produce a web version and/or stand alone PC, Mac or Linux versions. We project the Android version to be available mid 2011 and the others to be released toward the end of the year. I know that doesn't help much for the Derby if you don't have an Apple device. Good news is they are getting more affordable.

Thanks for the interest any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #15
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCoder
Hi lamboguy,

As mentioned by BillW. The software is available through the Apple App Store. It can only be downloaded and installed to an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. If you do not have one of these rest assured we are working as fast as we can to get it onto other platforms. We have begun the Android version and in conjunction with that will will leverage the Java code to produce a web version and/or stand alone PC, Mac or Linux versions. We project the Android version to be available mid 2011 and the others to be released toward the end of the year. I know that doesn't help much for the Derby if you don't have an Apple device. Good news is they are getting more affordable.

Thanks for the interest any feedback is greatly appreciated.
that answers it for me, i don' have an ipad, maybe its time for me to get with the program.

thanks
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply