Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 08-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #31
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyplayr

Good luck at Assiniboia Where all the genius's play
I've never understood the attitude that playing at a big track is somehow better than playing at a place like ALB or ASD or YAV. I know that's conventional wisdom but I've found that playing AQU inner more profitable than AQU main.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #32
stuball

Quote:
I'm smart enough to see through the bullshit boycott.

Good luck at Assiniboia Where all the genius's play

We can plainly see when your on the losing side of a discussion your

strategy is profanity and insults....have heard nothing constructive from

you...we at the very least are trying to get something done for all

bettors...

Stuball
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2007, 02:08 PM   #33
Ponyplayr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball
We can plainly see when your on the losing side of a discussion your

strategy is profanity and insults....have heard nothing constructive from

you...we at the very least are trying to get something done for all

bettors...

Stuball
I'm not arguing..I'm pointing out the truth.

If this is a boycott.. why is Ian asking for help to enter the War Room?
What is his angle.. how or will he benefit from this?

Why are people leaving the Chat and encouraging people to Open and Fund new accounts at PTC?? How is this helping me??

I want Ian to answer these questions.
Ponyplayr is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2007, 02:23 PM   #34
Premier Turf Club
Veteran

Quote:

Why are people leaving the Chat and encouraging people to Open and Fund new accounts at PTC?? How is this helping me??

Have you considered that perhaps we have a following because we provide a superior wagering experience in terms of technology, customer service, rewards, etc. There isn't anything magic to what we do, I simply treat customers the way that I would like to be treated, offer them products and features that I would enjoy using, and people have responded favorably to that.

You seem to have an awful lot of hostility toward this movement to improve the game for the customers in general, and PTC specifically. Are you a spawned ex-, or possibly someone that owes me money from a previous life? Unfortunately, being the giving person that I am there are a number of those types still crawling around South Florida.

Peace be with you mate.
Premier Turf Club is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2007, 02:32 PM   #35
Ponyplayr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Turf Club
Have you considered that perhaps we have a following because we provide a superior wagering experience in terms of technology, customer service, rewards, etc. There isn't anything magic to what we do, I simply treat customers the way that I would like to be treated, offer them products and features that I would enjoy using, and people have responded favorably to that.

You seem to have an awful lot of hostility toward this movement to improve the game for the customers in general, and PTC specifically. Are you a spawned ex-, or possibly someone that owes me money from a previous life? Unfortunately, being the giving person that I am there are a number of those types still crawling around South Florida.

Peace be with you mate.
Nice slithering response..Didn't answer a single question.

I smell shill.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:42 PM   #36
betovernetcapper

There is a problem entering the War Room for some pc configurations. This has been mentioned before. My sense is that Ian wanted to be in the War Room.
We are having a continuing dialog tonight and if the heads of any other ADWs want to drop by then plz come on down

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
Old 08-21-2007, 03:08 PM   #37
GameTheory

Because if the players move to PTC, then the other ADWs will want to COMPETE with that, and they'll make changes to improve themselves. That's how it helps you!

(Ditto for the tracks.)
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2007, 03:14 PM   #38
Premier Turf Club
Veteran

Quote:

a) I had never been in the War Room and I wanted to see what was being discussed. In fact up until yesterday, I had no idea people chatted here on-line. I am not an on-line chat kind of guy. Yes, I know, OF COURSE I have a dog in this fight. I never claimed otherwise. And OF COURSE I have a rooting interest supporting the tracks we currently have. Not because they are PTC tracks but because they believe in dealing with all licensed ADWs.

b) Open access helps EVERYONE. Competition breeds innovation and forces all of us to step up our game. Why do utilities (cable, phone, electricity) for the most part suck? Because they can, because you have no choices.

Biting tongue again...

Last edited by Premier Turf Club; 08-21-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #39
Ponyplayr

Quote:
a) I had never been in the War Room and I wanted to see what was being discussed. In fact up until yesterday, I had no idea people chatted here on-line. I am not an on-line chat kind of guy. Yes, I know, OF COURSE I have a dog in this fight. I never claimed otherwise. And OF COURSE I have a rooting interest supporting the tracks we currently have. Not because they are PTC tracks but because they believe in dealing with all licensed ADWs.

b) Open access helps EVERYONE. Competition breeds innovation and forces all of us to step up our game. Why do utilities (cable, phone, electricity) for the most part suck? Because they can, because you have no choices.

Biting tongue again...
Now.. How hard was that. I appreciate the response.
You don't have to bite your tongue..I don't take things personal.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:55 PM   #40
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

Peace be with you mate.
Nice slithering response..Didn't answer a single question.

I smell shill.
PTC,
Is a spawned ex a spurned ex in spandex?

PP,
I’m sure you perceive -- as I do – that this movement is initially made up primarily of PTC supporters. That isn’t surprising because most people who are actually concerned about better bettor treatment and freedom of choice have already recognized that PTC is, so far, the only ADW making any effort to address those concerns.

I would address one of your concerns by suggesting that when it comes to selecting a procott track, it should be ADW-neutral. IF MNR is the only track offered by all existing ADWs, then that should be the target/beneficiary.

If anyone can suggest an L.A. simulcast center other than HOL or SA where I could bet MNR I would appreciate it as I am boycotting both TVG and Xpressbet, and have been wary of YouBet since their acquisitions of an offshore rebate shop and a tote company (implying CRW aspirations).

As far as PTC’s participation, what better source of industry knowledge and ADW operation could we possibly find who would be willing to help? Do you know any other industry executive with his understanding of the game as both a player and industry analyst?

Perhaps enthusiastic participation by such as yourself would help us ensure that his interests are OUR interests while he helps us. Sniping isn’t going to cut it. If you have any more suspicions, spit ‘em out. Maybe you don't take things personal, but you sure give them.

I hear shrill.

P.S. To any activists out there enamored of the word “stupid,” find another term when addressing dissension.

Last edited by Indulto; 08-21-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Indulto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2007, 04:04 PM   #41
Premier Turf Club
Veteran

That was very good. Touche.

I meant spurned. I shouldn't carry on conversations on the phone while I'm typing a post.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #42
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indulto

PP,
I’m sure you perceive -- as I do – that this movement is initially made up primarily of PTC supporters. That isn’t surprising because most people who are actually concerned about better bettor treatment and freedom of choice have already recognized that PTC is, so far, the only ADW making any effort to address those concerns.

[/font]
I'd just like to briefly comment on this. While this may have started out with PTC supporters, if you look at the petition we have people that have never even heard of PTC. This is about creating a betting situation that works for everyone.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:20 PM   #43
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Smile

Maybe somebody should take note of who's not commenting on this stuff......there are some serious players and members of this board that I find conspicuous by their absence.

I have to admit that I was a little worried when the discussion of steering handle to certain tracks and ADW's was mentioned. Immediately turned me off. Steering handle is completely different than showing solidarity and using a strength in numbers approach to merit notice on different issues. In plain speak, a boycott is a boycott.........the numbers on this board won't make any track blink. But public attention will. But attempting to steer handle just won't work. Too much bullshit to get it done. Too many ADW's to deal with etc......it is inflexible. A boycott is easy. You just don't play.

This movement needs a damn name and some leadership and rules. It is attached to this board and we need to be aware of this. One screw up, one embarrassment and this momentum becomes a joke. This board becomes just another bunch of Internet crap. Slow down and think about this.

I think the petition and this momentum is a nice start. But Mike/PA has a reputation, so do many others. If you are going to do this. Do it right. Don't embarrass anybody and don't be subject to accusations of shilling for one particular betting interest or service. This can be an extremely complicated issue(s) and knowledgeable persons with broad interests on behalf of many different players need to be involved.

I admire what is happening, but think twice about how to go about this. There is a very serious intelligentsia in this game. They have their own weekly articles, radio shows and more. They can squash any movement in a weeks time. They can publicly discredit and ridicule. I urge a slow steady approach. And I recommend a more broad approach that doesn't steer any handle or business. Not yet, anyway.

just my two cents
Old 08-21-2007, 05:44 PM   #44
betovernetcapper

Ralph-
nothings been chisled in stone so drop by-tonight's meeting has been changed to 9pm eastern
BTW sevearal people can't access the War Room

Old 08-21-2007, 06:39 PM   #45
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper
I'd just like to briefly comment on this. While this may have started out with PTC supporters, if you look at the petition we have people that have never even heard of PTC. This is about creating a betting situation that works for everyone.
bonc,
The petition and the boycott are separate actions. Support for one does not automatically mean support for the other. The first was novel and unintrusive. The second will draw blood.

Support for a boycott will require attracting people that don't read this board. I doubt that leaflets at Taco Bells would have the same broad appeal as PA's e-mail.

I applaud you for thinking tough and wanting to keep the momentum, but IMO now's the time to see if the Jockey Club and the HPBA will pick up the slack with steady encouragement by e-mail. For me the real battle ground is in Calif. The TOC will have a tremendous impact on horseplayers both inside and outside the state. Consequently THEY are my personal priority over TrackNet.

That doesn't mean I won't support this effort if it makes sense, but I definitely think the advice that both Chick and JR offered is worth a lot more than $0.02
Indulto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply