Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-13-2022, 06:20 PM   #1
westernmassbob

Saratoga air BNB’s during racing season ?

I have been looking online to grab an air BNB a few times during the racing season. I haven’t had much luck and was wondering if anyone has a contact or a place they have stayed at to recommend? I’m looking for somewhere close to track ...within walking distance with a nice porch to sit outside at some point. 1-2 nights at a time. Thanks in advance.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2022, 07:49 PM   #2
judehaz

Last year, I stayed in an Airbnb about two miles from the track (not convenient walking distance) and it was about $300 per night. If you really want to be near Union or Nelson, you'll 1) probably have to commit to longer than a few nights, and 2) expect to pay closer to $1000 per night. I think a better strategy is to do what I did and take a rideshare when needed. You could also go for one of the downtown hotels if you group is not too large. There's a free trolley in the summer. But those will be $500/night+.
judehaz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2022, 06:57 AM   #3
westernmassbob

Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to find several Abnbs within a few miles for 100-150 range but not close to the track as I would like. I’ve stayed downtown many times and have paid the 400-500 and the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. I’m looking to stay at one of these houses that park cars on their property or in that vicinity.
Old 06-16-2022, 08:45 AM   #4
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

You would be hard pressed to find anything close to the track at this point. I got very lucky and got one for a 5 minute walk away but everything else was far away. The garden motel I stayed at last year was even booked for the weekend I wanted far in advance this year.
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2022, 11:55 AM   #5
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
You would be hard pressed to find anything close to the track at this point. I got very lucky and got one for a 5 minute walk away but everything else was far away. The garden motel I stayed at last year was even booked for the weekend I wanted far in advance this year.
I have super flexibility and only require a room and not the whole place. I’m hoping to find something for opening day.
Old 06-16-2022, 01:35 PM   #6
Suff
Beat up 💪

John Doyle

Community court has rooms opening week.

$225 all in everything.

It abuts Congress Park. Wonderful place to sit, walk, pray, meditation.

Also all the ground floor units have two adiorondack chairs outside.

It's cheaper , I'd guess, because it was a welfare motel.

2019, John Doyle a local businessman and breeder purchased it. He then paid all the welfare squatters to move. D

He's put money into it, horse charming and location unbeatable. His daughter and son-in-law run the day/day.

Last edited by Suff; 06-16-2022 at 01:36 PM.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2022, 01:40 PM   #7
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
Community court has rooms opening week.

$225 all in everything.

It abuts Congress Park. Wonderful place to sit, walk, pray, meditation.

Also all the ground floor units have two adiorondack chairs outside.

It's cheaper , I'd guess, because it was a welfare motel.

2019, John Doyle a local businessman and breeder purchased it. He then paid all the welfare squatters to move. D

He's put money into it, horse charming and location unbeatable. His daughter and son-in-law run the day/day.
Thanks Suff that seems like a viable option if I can’t find what I’m looking for.