Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-01-2021, 02:03 PM   #61
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Of course they aren’t. Her doctors aren’t quacks. They are medical professionals.
I'll take the "quacks" who have saved millions of lives with alternative treatments over the "medical professionals" who can't or won't think outside the box and cost innumerable people their lives because of their unwillingness to do so.
Old 11-01-2021, 03:21 PM   #62
classhandicapper

Quote:
I don’t believe you. And I don’t believe P. Rosa. It strains credulity to think that on a forum which has maybe fifty consistent contributors, two of them should know three people who died and one who is on a respirator.
I can guarantee you what I said about my best friend and his family is true. Thank God, it seems all recovered. But all 4 were double dosed, all 4 caught it, and 2 wound up in the hospital. All were about 6 months or a little more past they vaccination date. I don't know what the true efficacy is either, but whatever they are saying we can be sure it's nowhere near what they promised initially and loses it's strength over time. That's why they are dragging out boosters here and why Israel is already talking about multiple boosters.
Old 11-01-2021, 04:23 PM   #63
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Study published Oct 14 2021 - looking at 620k breakthrough cases among fully vaccinated US Military Veterans --

The authors found protection for all vaccine types faded over time:
  • Jansen (J&J) declined from 88% in March 2021 to 3% in August 2021.
  • Moderna declined from 92% in March 2021 to 64% in August 2021.
  • Pfizer-BioNTech declined from 91% in March 2021 to 50% in August 2021.

Sample size:
  • 620k breakthrough cases among fully vaccinated US Military Veterans.

Breakthrough SARS-CoV-2 infections in 620,000 U.S. Veterans, February 1, 2021 to August 13, 2021:
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...966v1.full.pdf

Quote:
Breakthrough SARS-CoV-2 infections in 620,000 U.S. Veterans, February 1, 2021
to August 13, 2021

Barbara A. Cohn1†, Piera M. Cirillo1†, Caitlin C. Murphy2†, Nickilou Y. Krigbaum1†, Arthur W.
Wallace3,4*

Affiliations:

1 Public Health Institute; Oakland, CA
2 School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston; Houston, TX
3 University of California, San Francisco; San Francisco, CA
4 Veterans Affairs Medical Center in San Francisco; San Francisco, CA
† These authors contributed equally to this work.

Quote:
Abstract

National data on COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough infections is inadequate but urgently needed

to determine U.S. policy during the emergence of the Delta variant. We address this gap by

comparing SARS CoV-2 infection by vaccination status from February 1, 2021 to August 13,

2021 in the Veterans Health Administration, covering 2.7% of the U.S. population. Vaccine

protection declined by mid-August 2021, decreasing from 91.9% in March to 53.9%
(p<0.01,

n=619,755).
Quote:
Background

The messenger RNA vaccines BNT162b2 (Pfizer–BioNTech) and mRNA-1273

(Moderna) and the viral vector vaccine JNJ-78436735 (Janssen) have effectively prevented

clinically significant disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-

CoV-2) since their rollout in the U.S. in late 2020. Vaccines have also reduced the incidence of

asymptomatic infection and associated infectivity (1). However, the U.S. has experienced a

recent surge in cases of COVID-19, evident in July 2021 and dominated by the B.1.617.2 (Delta)

variant (2). Although initial reports on vaccine effectiveness, including the six-month follow-up

of the Pfizer-BioNTech trial (3), suggested sustained protection against infection and

hospitalization (4-6), breakthrough infections have continued to emerge in vaccine recipients.

This phenomenon has been most comprehensively monitored in Israel, where

breakthrough infections, hospitalizations, and deaths have occurred – despite high levels of

vaccination in the population (7).
Quote:
Results

Table 1 shows the distribution of SARS-CoV-2 infection by demographics and

vaccination status for February 1, 2021- August 13, 2021. The percentage of PCR test positivity

is higher in Veterans who were unvaccinated (16.6%), female (10.2%), Hispanic (8.9%),

American Indian/Alaska Native (9.7%) or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander (9.8%), and age <50

years at RT-PCR assay (13.6%).

For the period February 1, 2021 – August 13, 2021, full vaccination with either Pfizer-

BioNTech (aHR 0.16, 95% CI 0.16, 0.17) or Moderna (aHR: 0.13, 95% CI 0.12, 0.13) was

associated with lower risk of infection. For the period mid-March 2021 – August 13, 2021, full

vaccination with Janssen was also associated with a lower risk of infection (aHR 0.30, 95% CI

0.28, 0.32), owing to the fact that full vaccination with the Janssen vaccine was not possible until

March because of timing of authorization. However, these protective associations declined over

time
(p<0.01 for time dependence, Table 2), even after adjusting for age and comorbidity. The

proportionate reduction in infection associated with vaccination declined for all vaccine types

with the largest declines for Janssen followed by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna (Figure 1).

Specifically, in March, protection against infection was: 88% (95% CI, 87% to 89%) for Janssen;

92% (95% CI, 92% to 93%) for Moderna; and 91% (95% CI, 91% to 92%) for Pfizer-BioNTech.

By August, protection against infection had declined to: 3% (95% CI, -7% to 12%) for Janssen;

64% (95% CI, 62%-66%) for Moderna; and 50% (95% CI, 47% to 52%) for Pfizer-BioNTech.
Quote:
References
Quote:
7. M. Wadman, Israel's grim warning: Delta can overwhelm shots. Science 373, 838-839
(2021).

I wish the mRNA vaccines were as effective as Big Pharma, the CDC, and the mainstream media want us to think they are.

But the data says otherwise. Vaccine effectiveness fades over time.

I would have a lot more faith and trust in government policy makers if they would stop the deliberate lying and simply report the truth.

-jp

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fig1-VaccineProtectionGraph.JPG (40.1 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Jeff P; 11-01-2021 at 04:28 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2021, 04:35 PM   #64
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Study published Oct 14 2021 - looking at 620k breakthrough cases among fully vaccinated US Military Veterans --

The authors found protection for all vaccine types faded over time:
  • Jansen (J&J) declined from 88% in March 2021 to 3% in August 2021.
  • Moderna declined from 92% in March 2021 to 64% in August 2021.
  • Pfizer-BioNTech declined from 91% in March 2021 to 50% in August 2021.

Sample size:
  • 620k breakthrough cases among fully vaccinated US Military Veterans.

Breakthrough SARS-CoV-2 infections in 620,000 U.S. Veterans, February 1, 2021 to August 13, 2021:
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...966v1.full.pdf

I wish the mRNA vaccines were as effective as Big Pharma, the CDC, and the mainstream media want us to think they are.

I would have a lot more faith and trust in government policy makers if they would stop the deliberate lying and simply report the truth.

-jp

Preprint not submitted for peer review.

The medrxiv website identifies them as a publisher of preprints and adds this disclaimer.
Caution: Preprints are preliminary reports of work that have not been certified by peer review. They should not be relied on to guide clinical practice or health-related behavior and should not be reported in news media as established information.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS?
Old 11-01-2021, 04:44 PM   #65
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Do you really think the study won't stand up to peer review?

I don't. Mainly because the authors found falloff in vaccine effectiveness similar to that of data from Israel and Europe.

But until then, I guess you can live in dreamland for another couple of weeks.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 11-01-2021 at 04:50 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2021, 04:52 PM   #66
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post

It really makes no difference to me what the government reports. A casual look at the data tells me that 5-6 months is about right for a booster. That’s what I intend to keep doing.
Old 11-01-2021, 05:16 PM   #67
baconswitchfarm

We now live in a world where a guy whose career was spent trying not to step in piles of dog shit and keeping his nuts from chaffing in his wool shorts demanding other people to live up to his peer review standards.
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2021, 06:41 PM   #68
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
It’s pretty safe to say, Psaki will live and continue to poke righties.

Allan
Well if that is the case, why should anyone be trying to force me to get jabbed when my giving you covid is no big deal?
Old 11-01-2021, 06:44 PM   #69
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
She declared a FAMILY emergency and said members (plural) of her household had covid. That qualifies as being labeled a family. I wonder why you and the left find family such an important label that you would argue such meaningless semantics in order to lessen the impact.
If the stats mostie posted are anywhere close to real, WHAT ARE THE ODDS SEVERAL VACCINATED PEOPLE IN THE SAME HOUSE GET COVID?
Old 11-01-2021, 06:52 PM   #70
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
A comment about another dumb conservative theory. Several of you, like Boxcar say they are not getting vaccinated because it is ineffective. Then, if I complain that they are selfishly putting me at risk, they tell me I shouldn’t worry because I am vaccinated.

The vaccine can’t be simultaneously ineffective for you and effective for me.
If you can catch it from me, it isn't effective for you. If you say it is effective in that you will not get it very bad and not die, then I am no risk to you.

Double talk.

LET'S GO MOSTPOST!
Old 11-01-2021, 06:59 PM   #71
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconswitchfarm View Post
We now live in a world where a guy whose career was spent trying not to step in piles of dog shit and keeping his nuts from chaffing in his wool shorts demanding other people to live up to his peer review standards.
But he is well read.
All those free magazines he had acces to........
Old 11-01-2021, 07:15 PM   #72
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Question for you, Speedy...what reasonably intelligent Adult voluntarily gets a Vaccine for a Virus/Disease...then spends their every waking moment worrying about possibly being exposed to said Virus/Disease anyway???

Vaccines...do...not...work...that...way. "Shots" (Flu)...do. Vaccines...do...NOT. Another Government/Big Pharma lie you slurped up.

People do not like being lied to...especially about their Health. Even more People do not like being bullied about decisions about their Health. This would explain the amount of anti-Vaccine/Mandate sentiment...including in your precious Liberal strongholds.

Like I have said before...hopefully you get to feel the pain...personally...of the Policies and the Leaders you support. Supporting them is your absolute Right. Browbeating everybody else, like some kind of Bootleg Brownshirt, isn't.
You are under a serious misapprehension here. I am not particularly worried about catching Covid-19. I’m vaccinated. I am concerned about the thousands of unvaccinated who will die because of their own ignorance.

Elkchester Road said;

Vaccines...do...not...work...that...way. "Shots" (Flu)...do. Vaccines...do...NOT. Another Government/Big Pharma lie you slurped up.

Hey dummy, the Flu shot is a vaccine. And guess what? It requires an annual booster, and no one thinks it is ineffective because of that.
Old 11-01-2021, 07:39 PM   #73
jimmyb

Quote:
You are under a serious misapprehension here. I am not particularly worried about catching Covid-19. I’m vaccinated. I am concerned about the thousands of unvaccinated who will die because of their own ignorance.

Elkchester Road said;

Hey dummy, the Flu shot is a vaccine. And guess what? It requires an annual booster, and no one thinks it is ineffective because of that.
Laughable coming from the MOST self centered son of a bitch I know.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2021, 07:43 PM   #74
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Obviously you don’t know shit about the flu vaccine. The flu shot is another hoax perpetrated on the American public.

It’s a yearly guess, a shot in the dark on what strain will emerge. It’s wrong almost every year
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2021, 08:01 PM   #75
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Obviously you don’t know shit about the flu vaccine. The flu shot is another hoax perpetrated on the American public.

It’s a yearly guess, a shot in the dark on what strain will emerge. It’s wrong almost every year
My previous doctor who recently retired did not take the flu shot, I have not had one myself in many years. So we did have a serious conversation on the subject, it went something like some people are way more in need for what the flu shot offered.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply