Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 01-10-2022, 09:17 PM   #91
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
A template? Piece of cake. After importing the data into say sheet1, sheet2 can extract any particular data into it from sheet1 and be a template. Sheet3 can be a different template extracting specific data from sheet1 and so on.
You talk a good game. If it's a piece of cake go ahead and create it for Chuck. He seems like a decent guy.
Old 01-10-2022, 10:02 PM   #92
ranchwest

Quote:
A template? Piece of cake. After importing the data into say sheet1, sheet2 can extract any particular data into it from sheet1 and be a template. Sheet3 can be a different template extracting specific data from sheet1 and so on.
Yeah, if you know what the elements are.
Old 01-10-2022, 10:45 PM   #93
Light
Veteran

Look at the file structure that Bris gives you. For example if using the single file comma delimited file format, it tells you that the horses names are in column 45 and the horses speed rating is in 846-855 for their last 10 starts.

So if I wanted to make a template with all the horses names in column A and their last 10 SR's in columns B and beyond its a piece of cake.

After importing the data file into sheet 1, record a macro in sheet 2. To do this you don't even need to know how to write code. Turn the macro recorder on and copy and paste from sheet 1 to sheet 2. All your movements of data is recorded into a macro and is now available any time you want for any race card. Run the macro, and bang, your template data is there in a second.

You can expand on that by adding fields such as dates,track,jocks, trouble,etc. Just look up what columns these factors are in let the macro recorder record your movements. Simple.

The macro recorder has its limitations such as doing loops but you can find code for whatever you want to do on forums or just googling it.

Last edited by Light; 01-10-2022 at 10:46 PM.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2022, 10:55 PM   #94
ranchwest

Quote:
Look at the file structure that Bris gives you. For example if using the single file comma delimited file format, it tells you that the horses names are in column 45 and the horses speed rating is in 846-855 for their last 10 starts.

So if I wanted to make a template with all the horses names in column A and their last 10 SR's in columns B and beyond its a piece of cake.

After importing the data file into sheet 1, record a macro in sheet 2. To do this you don't even need to know how to write code. Turn the macro recorder on and copy and paste from sheet 1 to sheet 2. All your movements of data is recorded into a macro and is now available any time you want for any race card. Run the macro, and bang, your template data is there in a second.

You can expand on that by adding fields such as dates,track,jocks, trouble,etc. Just look up what columns these factors are in let the macro recorder record your movements. Simple.

The macro recorder has its limitations such as doing loops but you can find code for whatever you want to do on forums or just googling it.
Which column is the company line?
Old 01-10-2022, 11:42 PM   #95
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchwest View Post
Which column is the company line?
In the $1 single file format:

406- 415 Winner's Name
416- 425 2nd Place finishers Name
426- 435 3rd Place finishers Name
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2022, 12:03 AM   #96
ranchwest

Quote:
In the $1 single file format:

406- 415 Winner's Name
416- 425 2nd Place finishers Name
426- 435 3rd Place finishers Name
But which column tells the next out winners? And the horses in today' race?
Old 01-11-2022, 12:14 AM   #97
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
But which column tells the next out winners? And the horses in today' race?
The file format is right here!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Data File Format.pdf (205.3 KB, 62 views)
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2022, 02:40 AM   #98
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
So maybe you can answer my question. What column contains the next out winner data and what are the codes?

Last edited by ranchwest; 01-11-2022 at 02:43 AM.
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2022, 02:49 AM   #99
ranchwest

Or what is at column 1378-1382?
Old 01-11-2022, 08:59 AM   #100
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Or what is at column 1378-1382?
I opened Aqu1205 and those fields 1375 - 1382 are blank.
I think what you want is here...

Attached Images
File Type: png company.PNG (73.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 01-11-2022, 09:22 AM   #101
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
Thxs for this....

One thing, no updates since 2009....I thought Horses Weight was added within a year or 2 ago..

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 01-11-2022 at 09:29 AM.
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2022, 10:39 AM   #102
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
So maybe you can answer my question. What column contains the next out winner data and what are the codes?
Oh, you are looking for the bolded and italcised names?
I don't see that anywhere.
Old 01-11-2022, 12:08 PM   #103
wiretowire68

Hey whoever said I was a decent guy, lol I would tend to agree with you. However, I do not think my ex-wife or any other women I left along the loop would not. Kidding, I am so grateful and do appreciate the input from everyone. Part of people helping one another and helping people learn in my honest opinion is the most important thing we can teach other as people as oppose to the many problems and issues that face the world as we go forward (Movie Speech) I think if we took this approach to all parts of the individual problems that mankind faces then perhaps instead of all this uncertainty/political turmoil and unrest that faces us then perhaps we would reverse the gears and set forth a new road to which you build consensus and try to make people's lives better and not worse. We are bombarded with negativity now when it comes news period, home, local, province/state/country. Every one is so hell bent on one upping one another and then take a picture of it, roll the camera on it. The world is meant to be words followed by actions in order to produce results that satisfy the needs of the many not just the few. The voyeuristic society we have created is in danger of causing us to self-destruct. Just an opinion.

So thanks to the Light for explaining that and thanks to I believe it was Headhawg for spitting out. Yes, I am trying to take the basic factors of what has all been passed on to us since the invention of the Daily Racing Form(The Old Testament of Horse Racing-I think we would mostly agree to this.) The advent of the PIRCO group and the pioneers who have advanced the figures through machine learning and mathematics to people who have become obsessed with the game of horse racing (I being one of those) I am trying to make my own as stated using the available tools given to me. The developers of the DRF/Equibase/Bris and the creators of software such as Mike Pizzolla (Whom I think is a genius, as well as the others who have gained notieriety and have taught us) I am trying to take what I have learned from them .

So yes, taking the necessary factors from PP's and putting them into a format that extracts. It is a start anyways and thanks to Light for explaining. It is just not about Excel or The Sheets and handicappig but I am also trying to to learn how the program works as I go.

Chuck
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2022, 01:11 PM   #104
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Oh, you are looking for the bolded and italcised names?
I don't see that anywhere.
I knew the answer. It was a quiz. The bolded and italicized data is at 1192-1201, but you have to decode the data.

My point is that there are columns designated as Reserved that are actually in use. Some of the data can be viewed in the PP pdf files. Apparently I am the only one who cares. Some of the content I have not figured out. Some of the columns seem to always be blank, so those are truly reserved.
Old 01-11-2022, 01:15 PM   #105
ranchwest

And apparently counting the columns and comparing them to the document is easier than having the columns labeled.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: