Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-30-2021, 01:39 PM   #1
tbwinner

Testing

Serious inquiry.

Why are people so obsessed with testing and making sure they are negative for COVID?

I understand international travel and some jobs require regular testing. But every other scene on MSM is long test lines and talk on the difficulty of getting tests. (I don't watch it but it's on at the gym...where I work out...around other people...maskless, breathing and sweating....THE HORROR!!!)

What's the F**king point of testing? If you're sick, stay home? If you're OK, you're fine! People are so obsessed with not being around other people but they're standing in 50-100 people long lines with potentially infected people? I don't GET IT.

I imagine the Government is promoting testing because they just want to pump the numbers up more?

I couldn't help but laugh when reading that a woman tested positive MID-FLIGHT enroute to Iceland. I'm thinking, how the heck did she get on an international flight without a neg test? No, she took a rapid test (yeah, really reliable!) mid-flight and it came back positive!!!

What am I missing?
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2021, 02:03 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Hopefully, she jumped out of the plane upon finding out she was positive.

I mean, that would have been the CORRECT thing to do, right?
Old 12-30-2021, 02:11 PM   #3
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Once upon a time we had a US President who said:
"So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. In every dark hour of our national life, a leadership of frankness and of vigor has met with that understanding and support of the people themselves which is essential to victory. And I am convinced that you will again give that support to leadership in these critical days."
Fast fwd to present day...

Branco cartoon 12-30-2021:
https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxne...cartoon-12.jpg

-jp

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cartoon-12.jpg (75.5 KB, 16 views)
Old 12-30-2021, 02:16 PM   #4
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
Serious inquiry.

Why are people so obsessed with testing and making sure they are negative for COVID?

I understand international travel and some jobs require regular testing. But every other scene on MSM is long test lines and talk on the difficulty of getting tests. (I don't watch it but it's on at the gym...where I work out...around other people...maskless, breathing and sweating....THE HORROR!!!)

What's the F**king point of testing? If you're sick, stay home? If you're OK, you're fine! People are so obsessed with not being around other people but they're standing in 50-100 people long lines with potentially infected people? I don't GET IT.

I imagine the Government is promoting testing because they just want to pump the numbers up more?

I couldn't help but laugh when reading that a woman tested positive MID-FLIGHT enroute to Iceland. I'm thinking, how the heck did she get on an international flight without a neg test? No, she took a rapid test (yeah, really reliable!) mid-flight and it came back positive!!!

What am I missing?
If you have symptoms or if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you should test. But I agree that some people are obsessed with testing. Also, I don’t really trust the rapid tests either.
Old 12-30-2021, 02:23 PM   #5
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
No, Mr. Dummy. (I’m trying to be more courteous in my posts.)
The government is promoting testing to accurately determine the number of infected. That doesn’t mean that some positives are not really negative and Vice versa.
Old 12-30-2021, 02:24 PM   #6
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
If you have symptoms or if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you should test. But I agree that some people are obsessed with testing. Also, I don’t really trust the rapid tests either.
The rapid tests are a farce. My son tested negative on the rapid test, and even the person who tested him told him to ignore the rapid test result, and to wait for the outcome of the 48 hour test...where he ultimately tested positive.
Old 12-30-2021, 02:30 PM   #7
Elkchester Road

Quote:
The government is promoting testing to accurately determine the number of infected. That doesn’t mean that some positives are not really negative and Vice versa.
What in the Blue Hell is the Government going to do with said information (number of infected), even if it could accurately get it? That's right...nothing. This is nothing more than a poor attempt to continue the fear-mongering. The amazing part is the number of Vaccinated people who are still scared shitless about it.

You people deserve the misery you live in.
Old 12-30-2021, 02:58 PM   #8
Stevecsd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Hopefully, she jumped out of the plane upon finding out she was positive.

I mean, that would have been the CORRECT thing to do, right?

She holed up in of the plane's bathroom's for the rest of the 4 hours of the flight.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2021, 03:04 PM   #9
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The rapid tests are a farce. My son tested negative on the rapid test, and even the person who tested him told him to ignore the rapid test result, and to wait for the outcome of the 48 hour test...where he ultimately tested positive.
I mentioned this in another thread.
Two different CVS employees told us the same thing. One literally said that their tests are a complete waste of money.

So, we waited 2 more days for our Covid results (this was back in Early November), and determined that what ever we had was not Covid.

It did, however, knock us down for FIVE WEEKS!
Not anywhere near as bad as Covid (Dec, 2020) but very unpleasant and deep, non-stop cough.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2021, 03:24 PM   #10
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
How can you call him a dummy when you yourself tested positive for brain damage???
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2021, 04:36 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
How can you call him a dummy when you yourself tested positive for brain damage???
He should required to wear ear muffs, to minimize the leakage into the environment.
Old 12-30-2021, 06:38 PM   #12
Rex Phinney

If you are well enough to sit in your car for hours on end waiting for a test then you are going to be fine.

If you are sick enough that you think you might die, you don't need a test to determine your status.

The End.

The government/ media & medical community that seek power need tests to keep the fear mongering up.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2021, 07:19 PM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The Cult of COVID is real
Old 12-30-2021, 08:22 PM   #14
wisconsin

Quote:
Also, I don’t really trust the rapid tests either.

I'll go one better, I don't trust anything being shoved at people when it comes to covid, not even the stats. The Omicron has been child's play compared to the deadly Covid-19 original strain, yet everyone is freaking out like it's stage 4 pancreatic cancer as I see mask usage on the rise.
Old 12-30-2021, 10:07 PM   #15
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
What in the Blue Hell is the Government going to do with said information (number of infected), even if it could accurately get it? That's right...nothing. This is nothing more than a poor attempt to continue the fear-mongering. The amazing part is the number of Vaccinated people who are still scared shitless about it.

You people deserve the misery you live in.
The government takes pride in the accuracy of their reports. That is why their monthly reports get adjusted for each of the following 2 months.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply