Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-29-2021, 06:07 PM   #46
MJC922

Didn't bet this race myself but just comments... Mind Control is no slouch and was IMO waiting on competition to arrive when he was taking control at the top of the stretch. Can't argue with success but I'd definitely think about trying blinkers on this horse at some point.

Silver State, I actually liked this trip/ride, aside from the 47 being a little adverse to the style he wasn't a mile back or anything and IMO it was one of those rare cases where the break actually helped matters in saving ground around the first turn, it was a very clean inside out trip and perfectly timed, a real shame about the lugging in though.

Hard to knock the rider, this is just doing all you can do to not cause interference really. This is not an easy situation to handle. As for Steve, giving 4 lbs and getting beat was a shame but he had that in his favor when he won with Yaupon and we all know he was measured by Firenze when it all went down.

You know what they say, the lord giveth and the lord taketh away.
Old 09-29-2021, 10:31 PM   #47
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Would FLIGHTLINE be the 2nd choice if Sadler decided to run him in the BC Sprint?

Maybe we'll find out in the 2022 edition, oh well

https://www.drf.com/news/no-breeders...-target-malibu
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2021, 10:42 PM   #48
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4 View Post

Very disappointing in terms of sporting interest and gambling, but taking on Jackie's Warrior so soon the way he's going right now would have been a big ask. I was hoping Jackie's Warrior would take on Life Is Good in the Mile just to see that rematch, but that was obviously just a fantasy.
Old 09-29-2021, 11:07 PM   #49
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4 View Post

Horse needs 3 1/2 months between starts LOL. This sport man. I mean not that it will be 3 1/2 months, but that the trainer actually thinks that is ideal.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2021, 11:08 PM   #50
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Very disappointing in terms of sporting interest and gambling, but taking on Jackie's Warrior so soon the way he's going right now would have been a big ask. I was hoping Jackie's Warrior would take on Life Is Good in the Mile just to see that rematch, but that was obviously just a fantasy.
BC Dirt Mile is a good betting race some years, but it is a nothing race as far as actual history and significance.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2021, 11:24 PM   #51
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
BC Dirt Mile is a good betting race some years, but it is a nothing race as far as actual history and significance.
It's ludicrous for Jackie's Warrior to run in the two turn mile ( not that you suggested it....or would ). He's the best Sprinter in the country and will be running in the correct race.

I wish Life is Good was in the Classic.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2021, 03:53 AM   #52
SharpCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Gonna be the same big ask running against Jackie's Warrior in the Malibu with only 2 starts under his belt. I think it's the right move to bypass the Sprint but I do think he should be running in the 7f Damascus on the undercard.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2021, 08:52 AM   #53
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
It's ludicrous for Jackie's Warrior to run in the two turn mile ( not that you suggested it....or would ). He's the best Sprinter in the country and will be running in the correct race.

I wish Life is Good was in the Classic.
That may be an even bigger ask than wanting Flightline to take on Jackie's Warrior so quickly.

At least the lightly raced Flightline would be taking on much heavier hitters for the first time at a distance we know he can handle. Throwing Life is Good into the Classic would be similar to taking a shot with Uncle Mo at 10F. It's a nice idea that probably would ended badly for him (and Knicks Go) when they are trying to get a Grade 1 win.

I think Jackie's Warrior would have a big shot in the Mile against Life is Good even though I prefer the latter. I don't think the 2 turns would matter much and might even help the pace be less extreme. The problem is a mile is his absolute limit and he's way better sprinting. So it makes no sense. But the race itself would have been great and I'd love to see that unlikely rematch some day.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-30-2021 at 09:00 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: