Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:31 AM   #2401
Tor Ekman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
The President ... shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.
So, she can't pardon herself. It's in the Constitution.

We agree that she won't be indicted. We disagree on why.
I said if she were to be indicted (not impeached) she would pardon herself . . . so she would indeed be able to pardon herself under my scenario and if she did so, it would put a halt to any possible prosecution for the alleged criminal offense, thereby eliminating the grounds for impeachment for having committed high crimes or misdemeanors.

Last edited by Tor Ekman; 08-24-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2016, 10:50 AM   #2402
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman
I said if she were to be indicted (not impeached) she would pardon herself . . . so she would indeed be able to pardon herself under my scenario and if she did so, it would put a halt to any possible prosecution for the alleged criminal offense, thereby eliminating the grounds for impeachment for having committed high crimes or misdemeanors.
I'm fairly sure a President can't pardon him or herself. Even if they tried it, it'd be grounds for an unanimous impeachment.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2016, 11:10 AM   #2403
Tor Ekman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
I'm fairly sure a President can't pardon him or herself. Even if they tried it, it'd be grounds for an unanimous impeachment.
There is no constitutional prohibition on a President pardoning him/herself from prosecution other than for impeachment proceedings . . . having said that, I agree with you that if any sitting president were to enact such a preemptive auto-pardon, it would be grounds in and of itself for an impeachment proceeding, and even more likely, result in being forced to resign due to the public outrage
Old 08-24-2016, 11:42 AM   #2404
Clocker

News Flash: Clinton Foundation Going Out of Business Sale

Quote:
Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton told radio host Hugh Hewitt Tuesday morning that the Clinton Foundation’s announcement that it will stop accepting foreign donations after Hillary Clinton becomes the next president is a “fire sale” for access.

“The Clinton Foundation should stop accepting foreign and corporate contributions immediately. Announcing that they won’t accept them after the election is worse than doing nothing. Because they just declared to dictators and shady oligarchs there’s a fire sale before the election,” Cotton explained. “Every promise and pledge from the Clintons comes with an asterisk or a loophole. This gives anyone trying to buy favor with a Clinton White House 11 weeks to get their money in.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/happening
Old 08-24-2016, 11:49 AM   #2405
Tor Ekman

If it is not appropriate for the Clinton Foundation to remain in existence if The Portly Pantsuit (a/k/a Her Royal Thighness) is elected President, why then was it ever appropriate when she was "merely" Secretary of State?
Old 08-24-2016, 12:17 PM   #2406
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman
If it is not appropriate for the Clinton Foundation to remain in existence if The Portly Pantsuit (a/k/a Her Royal Thighness) is elected President, why then was it ever appropriate when she was "merely" Secretary of State?
The foundation will remain in existence, but it will no longer (openly) accept foreign contribution. The Lincoln Bedroom will once again be open for business, but only for good, loyal Americans.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:35 PM   #2407
chadk66

closed, not closed, whatever whatever. Nothing will ever change it'll be the same old operating procedure. Clinton's keep getting richer and favors will continue to be done. When your that corrupt and money hungry you will find a way around anything and everything.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2016, 12:44 PM   #2408
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
The foundation will remain in existence, but it will no longer (openly) accept foreign contribution. The Lincoln Bedroom will once again be open for business, but only for BILL!
FTFY
Old 08-24-2016, 02:42 PM   #2409
woodtoo

Wikileaks founder Julian Assage promises to release more damning emails before Sept'26 debate that the FBI and prosecutors can not deny.
Assage has been holed up in the Ecuador Embassy in London for over 3 years. He promises to take down Hilary. I say thank you very much from the bottom of my heart Mr. Assage.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2016, 02:53 PM   #2410
PICSIX
Mike Schultz

At least one Army unit considers her to be an "insider" threat...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/24/politi...eat/index.html
Old 08-24-2016, 02:55 PM   #2411
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
FTFY
I heard that the Clintons are going to install a turnstile on the door to the Lincoln Bedroom, and you have to swipe your credit card to get in.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:24 PM   #2412
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
I heard that the Clintons are going to install a turnstile on the door to the Lincoln Bedroom, and you have to swipe your credit card to get in.
nothing they do surprises me anymore
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2016, 03:35 PM   #2413
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
Wikileaks founder Julian Assage promises to release more damning emails before Sept'26 debate that the FBI and prosecutors can not deny.
Assage has been holed up in the Ecuador Embassy in London for over 3 years. He promises to take down Hilary. I say thank you very much from the bottom of my heart Mr. Assage.
Well, we can only hope.

Latest release of emails shows The Hag's reaction to drugs to address sleeplessness, possibly due to parkinsons.....

http://www.infowars.com/wikileaks-e-...ision-fatigue/
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2016, 03:57 PM   #2414
fast4522

There are two very different types Parkinson's, one is managed quite well for a normal lifespan with drugs like dopamine. The other Parkinson's the lifespan is much shorter and drinking alcohol daily can manage tremors greatly. The problem with regular alcohol consumption is normal sleeping patterns disappear and adverse affects interacting with prescribed drugs.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #2415
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Why would Parkinson's be a disqualifier unless it's uncontrolled?
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply