Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 07-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #151
railbird

Seven times I tried to buy PACE VIEW through PAYPAL but could not , even with a rep on the line who determined it was the webpage at fault . I wrote to NCG explaining the problem . Well cudos to NCG who extended credit to a complete stranger for PACE VIEW .
Now that I had time to inspect the program I would not have charged 35.bucks this has the potential to rival rpm at 100 plus any day of the week this is just the thing for us weekend warriors. well thanks again NCG
Old 07-29-2016, 03:42 PM   #152
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek
NJ on Betfair Exchange I don't know where else
Open to NJ residents only?
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 03:45 PM   #153
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
Open to NJ residents only?
Yes you must be a NJ resident and physically in NJ when wagering
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 03:54 PM   #154
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger
So now, a profit doesn't mean anything if it is "Evaporating fast".
Correct. I already explained this before in this thread. This was a quote from green80

Quote:

$42 bet and $59.40 $2 win mutual return for about a 42% ROI.

$74 bet and $77.20 $2 win mutual return for about 4% ROI
Obviously green80 knew where this was going and stopped the experiment in order to avoid going in the red.

Quote:
The method I posted had 5 days with positive ROI, 2 days with a negative ROI, an overall 1.04 ROI with a near 50% hit rate.
I asked you awhile ago for a link to this. You did not provide one. But I have checked your plays in the past and they are all in the red.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you think Greg claimed about his program that it doesn't meet his claims
I am claiming that all the hoopla about the program having this or that winner is cherry picking hype and red boarding. When put to the test neither you, him or two others could replicate your hoopla.

My system and every system on the planet can make the same claims of having this or that. But when put to the test, they cannot reproduce the hype because it is cherry picking after the race and losses are not calculated into a total net amount.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 04:18 PM   #155
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
Thats an easy one. Lay low priced horses with low POWR numbers.

easy money. But thats only one way. Look its not a black box. but the POWR numbers are extremely accurate.

Allan
Easy money? Why don't you give it a shot and post 100 plays and show me how easy it is.

But before you do that, check out the Bris prime power numbers and compare them to Greg's program. In the course of checking selections by the fab 4, I noticed those fantastic Greg power numbers correlate to the Bris Prime power numbers which we all know do not make a flat bet profit.

The first question I ever asked Greg before he became unhinged was what difference are your numbers from the Bris summary page. He skirted the issue by answering the question with a testimonial of a satisfied customer. That's when I knew there was something fishy here. That's when I knew I couldn't get a straight answer from this guy and had to do my own research. That's when I found very poor results posted by him in his huge thread.

Also for anyone who wants to have a superior and free system to his, just use the Bris summary page. It's free and gives you not only all the numbers Greg's program gives you but more data such as RR, average class, etc. that his program does not. It also lists the racing styles of all the horses at a glance. So if a horse has the highest E his program will pick the horse as a "best bet" play. But you can easily see the contradiction if you look at the horses racing style in the Bris summary page, and if it is a "P" or "S" designation then you are being misled. This is a major flaw in his program I have mentioned before. His program is blind in its pace numbers and just spits them out.

On the weekends, I play 10- 15 tracks and don't pay a dime and get more info than what his program gives according to the screen shots I've seen of his program. If I used his program, I would get less info and would have to pay $10-$15 each day on the weekend. So his program may only cost $35, but you pay for the PP's and are getting and inferior product. For a better product you don't pay $35 nor the price of the data files.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:31 PM   #156
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Also for anyone who wants to have a superior and free system to his, just use the Bris summary page.
Prove what you've stated.....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 04:44 PM   #157
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall

Prove what you've stated.....
Consider the cost of operating his system to mine for starters.

The total number of tracks I will DL per weekend will be conservatively 25. Then the weekdays maybe 10 total. So 35 PP's per week. 35x 52 = $1820 Per year.

It will cost $1820 per year to use Greg's program My system, costs $0. So a Greg user has to win $2000 in profits just to break even with me. Zero chance he will beat me in ROI.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:44 PM   #158
green80

Quote:

$42 bet and $59.40 $2 win mutual return for about a 42% ROI.

$74 bet and $77.20 $2 win mutual return for about 4% ROI

Obviously green80 knew where this was going and stopped the experiment in order to avoid going in the red.

Light,

I have not stopped, I am still tracking and will report again this weekend.

With all the response, somebody other than me must like this program.

I am just tracking the best bets as they are shown by the program. However I am doing my own handicapping and filtering these somewhat for my own wagers and have a much higher ROI. I use pace View to narrow the field and then I select the PV horses that I like to bet. It cuts my handicapping time 90%. Kind of like a carpenter using a power saw, I can get the job done either way, just one is faster.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 12:09 AM   #159
TJC

That is incorrect.

I use Bris Multicaps files and am charged $59.95 per month for unlimited downloads for all tracks per month. These files can be used with the PaceView software.

That is a yearly total of $719.40 not $1820.00.
TJC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 12:20 AM   #160
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Consider the cost of operating his system to mine for starters.

The total number of tracks I will DL per weekend will be conservatively 25. Then the weekdays maybe 10 total. So 35 PP's per week. 35x 52 = $1820 Per year.

It will cost $1820 per year to use Greg's program My system, costs $0. So a Greg user has to win $2000 in profits just to break even with me. Zero chance he will beat me in ROI.
So...I come back 8 hours later to find you still haven't answered my question:

Quote:
Also for anyone who wants to have a superior and free system to his, just use the Bris summary page.

Do you understand what I'm asking you for?.....Prove that YOU have a superior system to PaceView, and I mean with examples, not rhetoric.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 12:28 AM   #161
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Easy money? Why don't you give it a shot and post 100 plays and show me how easy it is.

But before you do that, check out the Bris prime power numbers and compare them to Greg's program. In the course of checking selections by the fab 4, I noticed those fantastic Greg power numbers correlate to the Bris Prime power numbers which we all know do not make a flat bet profit.

The first question I ever asked Greg before he became unhinged was what difference are your numbers from the Bris summary page. He skirted the issue by answering the question with a testimonial of a satisfied customer. That's when I knew there was something fishy here. That's when I knew I couldn't get a straight answer from this guy and had to do my own research. That's when I found very poor results posted by him in his huge thread.

Also for anyone who wants to have a superior and free system to his, just use the Bris summary page. It's free and gives you not only all the numbers Greg's program gives you but more data such as RR, average class, etc. that his program does not. It also lists the racing styles of all the horses at a glance. So if a horse has the highest E his program will pick the horse as a "best bet" play. But you can easily see the contradiction if you look at the horses racing style in the Bris summary page, and if it is a "P" or "S" designation then you are being misled. This is a major flaw in his program I have mentioned before. His program is blind in its pace numbers and just spits them out.

On the weekends, I play 10- 15 tracks and don't pay a dime and get more info than what his program gives according to the screen shots I've seen of his program. If I used his program, I would get less info and would have to pay $10-$15 each day on the weekend. So his program may only cost $35, but you pay for the PP's and are getting and inferior product. For a better product you don't pay $35 nor the price of the data files.
Do you realize your special "trolling" ...and I'm actually being kind here...it's become an obsession with you, really...is almost reached viral proportions. I get PM's E-mail, mentioning you daily, I swear.

But please don't stop! Look at the page views! I wasted my money advertising ---I have YOU. You've singlehanded brought PA Mike,CJ, Tom, Randall, Pete, Winger, mikesal, green80, big Al and the most popular poster on here in THASK...as well as one of the most controversial figures in EBCORDE....all to this PACE VIEW thread.

People want to know what the heck is going on here! They're buying my program in record numbers. You all know I appreciate your business--I tell every single customer that. The program is basically an easy sell---the hard part is getting the word out.

Folks--this wasn't staged in any way---"Light" really is a troll---honest. I didn't ask him to do this--he did it on his own, all by himself. He can't really afford a program--or a bet..or a bris summary, for that matter--but we can buy this man a dinner for all he's done.

Thank you so much Light. You are a rare troll ---with some USE! Keep up the good work and keep my program on top of the reading list here on Pace Advantage. Who knows...maybe Thask or Ebcorde or Randall will pay us another visit----those guys are like rock stars around here.
Love,

-NCG

Attached Images
File Type: png 1dollar.png (70.5 KB, 171 views)
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 06:36 AM   #162
timtam

Can someone tell me how I can print the pace-view pages on my computer.

I've been writing the numbers by hand and taking to OTB on top of being

cumbersome I make plenty of mistakes and get the columns wrong.

I've noticed Coach uses paint but how do you use that

Last edited by timtam; 07-30-2016 at 06:37 AM.
timtam is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 07:06 AM   #163
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtam
Can someone tell me how I can print the pace-view pages on my computer.

I've been writing the numbers by hand and taking to OTB on top of being

cumbersome I make plenty of mistakes and get the columns wrong.

I've noticed Coach uses paint but how do you use that
Amost every software program requires some computer skills---this one more so, being a very basic no-frills program.

If you have a page in mind you would like to print out--on your keyboard is a "print screen" key. If you have a basic windows comp, it came with a Windows PaintShop program: double click on the Paint Icon to open that up.

Now go back to your Pace View Page you want to print, hold down the Ctrl button and hit the "print screen" button.

Click "paste" into PAINT SHOP...there's your page---you can edit it, print it.

I just did that right now with this Pace advantage page in two seconds:

Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled2.png (9.3 KB, 154 views)
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 02:03 PM   #164
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:

and you don't pay a dime for information?
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 02:11 PM   #165
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
So...I come back 8 hours later to find you still haven't answered my question:

Do you understand what I'm asking you for?.....Prove that YOU have a superior system to PaceView, and I mean with examples, not rhetoric.
[/i]
First, I already mentioned the operating expenses of PV. Some people say the data files can be had for cheaper if you get an unlimited plan. OK. They are still considerably behind me, a successful NHC player, when they start. Making up $800 or $1500 (depending who you believe on cost of unlimited PP's) on another handicapper is not easy in a contest. Almost impossible. Especially using a program created by someone who seems to have an 8th grade command of the English language.

Second, what PV does is list data from the Bris PP's. This is the same thing the Bris summary (my method) already does. In Bris summary, the data is already there for you in chronological order of various categories, many of which are not available in PV. Pandy has several systems and books based on the Bris summary which describes various methods to apply for profit using the data from the Bris summary page. My own handicapping software has been doing the same thing as PV since its inception in 2000. Listing E2,Lp, PP,etc. Any programmer can do that. Except my program actually expands on that on that basic data, PV's doesn't, that's why its $35.

Third, and this will answer your question, there actually is no system with PV. Its all over the place. Oh look, he won because highest E1,E2 or best LP. Or look, he won with best "power number". How long have these guys been playing the races? Like 2 days? The trick is to declare what factor will win BEFORE the races. That randomness has never shown to make a profit since dinosaurs ruled the world. I assume the people who posted 100 or so plays are staying with a specific angle applied to PV. My program allows me to database angles and I can tell you there is no mechanical angle that can be used as a black box and make a profit. This is why nobody using PV has been able to tell me how to make money with it. Then they have to acquiesce that it is a tool. Then back to square one as we go round and round as they start hollering again , look I had this or that. Oh really, does that work consistently....

I am an unconventional player. If I was to post 100 plays it would be to show. And it would take a while. Today I prefer my show method over my win method system from 2000. I know my show system will make a profit because I get 15% minimum profit using this method since I developed it 2years ago. I use several categories from the Bris summary to get the contenders. That takes 1 minute. That's it as far as the mechanical systematic approach.Then I only focus on these horses and actually look at their form. Now there are more rules those horses have to pass mainly on form and form cycles that cannot be completely programed, so I have to look. This is why I DL so many forms. Sometimes I cannot find one play from a whole card at one track.

Finally, there is nothing to gain for me by posting picks. Ego satisfaction is NOT my thing. In fact I know it is the most destructive factor to a gamblers ROI. If you want to pay me to put up plays I will, otherwise I get nothing for my time. If I succeeded with a good ROI, the NCG crowd will just shrug it off anyways as 'luck" or be in denial as they are right now about their losing ways. They don't want to see me post winning plays, believe me. They hate me. It's a lose, lose position for me unless I am financially compensated for a useless endeavor.