Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 268 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old Today, 01:55 PM   #20341
boxcar

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
What if I quote the video the way you quote scripture? Is that OK with you?

Sure. Whatever floats your boat.
Old Today, 01:59 PM   #20342
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Whenever I ask you a question, I am always asking for your OPINION. The "truth" might indeed be the topic of our debate here...but we are not depending on any one individual to supply us with this "truth". It is your own megalomania that's resposible for this obsession of yours to reveal the "truth" to us.

This endless supply of bible quotes that you provide us with here...are you under the impression that we've never read them all before? How many times have we pointed out to you that we've read it all before...but we don't necessarily accept it as the "Truth"?

Your OPINION is what we are looking...in your own words. We already know what the opinion of the bible is. When soneone asks you why you accept the bible as the authentic word of God...don't just quote for us the bible passage which claims that the bible is the "Word of God"...because that's not an answer. Tell us WHY you believe what it says in the bible. THAT'S how interesting conversations are created. Parroting the verses of the bible endlessly is "preaching"...and that's not what we are looking for here.

This is a chat room, not a church.

But why settle for mere opinion? I'm not here to share my opinions (although on the rare occasions that I have, I made it clear that it was nothing more than that). I'm here to share God's truth which is in his divine revelation.

As far as the bible being truth and the reasons why I believe it is so, I have often stated my reasons in my own words. Guess you missed those memos, too.

Oh yeah...one other thing: Surely you are not restricting the practice of religious freedom to a mere building called a "church", are you? When my church goes out evangelize, we preach the gospel to the world -- outside the four walls of our "church building". (Understand, of course, that Christ's church is NOT a physical building!)

Last edited by boxcar : Today at 02:02 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old Today, 08:21 PM   #20343
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Just a round-a-bout way of saying, absolute truth cannot be known, which is kind of a self-evident, self-defeating statement to all who can think beyond their noses.

Men do not come to the light because they love the darkness since their deeds are evil -- a wise truth-teller once said.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg eujX8.jpg (6.7 KB, 0 views)
Hank is online now   Reply With Quote Reply