Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 05-14-2019, 12:54 AM   #121
lansdale

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale View Post
Typically spectacular performance by Kawhi Leonard to advance the Raptors to the ECF. Some saying his clutch, seeing-eye 3-pt. shot is the only Game 7 post-season buzzer beater in NBA history. If any fans know otherwise, would be interested. The shot:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=75iExVNvrWw

My bad. Kawhi's shot was, indeed, only worth 2 points. Note to self: no more glue-sniffing while watching playoff games.

Regardless, the league did announce today that this was the first Game 7 buzzer-beater in its history. Many NBA observers now claiming immortality for Kawhi. Per the objection of Thaskalos, the league will next rule on the issue of whether the shot was truly 'clutch.' ;-).

Looking forward to Kawhi/Giannis showdown.
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2019, 01:01 AM   #122
thaskalos

Quote:
Looking forward to Kawhi/Giannis showdown.
Giannis in 5?
Old 05-14-2019, 02:11 PM   #123
Valuist

Game 1: Portland/Golden State

Taking Under 221. Durant has missed 38 games since he joined Golden State; 12 have gone over and 26 under the posted total.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2019, 04:19 PM   #124
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Not a big NBA fan, I'll be honest.

This is about the time I tune in every year.

I see enough highlights I guess to keep up. With LeBron out, I'll root for Giannis and the Bucks.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2019, 04:50 PM   #125
Elliott Sidewater

Sports Science analyzed Kawhi's buzzer beating series ending shot, and said it had a 3% chance of going in. IMO, the Sixers would have lost the game in overtime anyway, they were in disarray at the end and Embiid was completely gassed, having played 45 minutes. It was close, but Toronto was the better team and deserved to win. Embiid's varied injuries and maladies were so bad that he was stationed in the remote parking area of the basketball court most of the game, a studious observer of ineffective passing and worse rebounding.

The Sixers decided to bring back Brent Brown next year, and I can only hope against hope that he can convince Embiid to grow up and take better care of himself, and for him to demand that Simmons fire his brother and get a real shooting coach. These guys are pros making the big money; is this too much to ask?

I kind of doubt that Kawhi Leonard's pre-game ritual includes 4 Chick-Fil-A milkshakes.
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2019, 09:01 PM   #126
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Zion train is coming our way!
Pelicans get the first pick in the NBA draft.
Someone please post the Zion Train video by Bob Marley
Old 05-14-2019, 09:01 PM   #127
lansdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Giannis in 5?
I'd say Bucks in six, but wouldn't necessarily bet it. I do think the series price of Bucks -280 that I'm generally finding, seems like a safe bet.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:02 PM   #128
lansdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Zion train is coming our way!
Pelicans get the first pick in the NBA draft.
Someone please post the Zion Train video by Bob Marley
You think maybe AD knew what he was doing when he turned down the Laker offer? ;-)
Old 05-14-2019, 11:31 PM   #129
lansdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
Game 1: Portland/Golden State

Taking Under 221. Durant has missed 38 games since he joined Golden State; 12 have gone over and 26 under the posted total.
Nice score -- you're really on a roll with these unders.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:03 AM   #130
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
You think maybe AD knew what he was doing when he turned down the Laker offer? ;-)
AD didn't turn that down, he'd have loved to have left. The Pelicans wouldn't take that collection of mediocre talent in return.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2019, 04:59 PM   #131
Valuist

Quote:
Nice score -- you're really on a roll with these unders.
Thanks. I like the playoffs much better than the regular season. Not just for watching but for betting.

Tonight, I'm on Toronto at +7. Historically, teams off a week or longer have had some rust, so we will see how Milwaukee is impacted. Big win for Raptors Sunday night but they get one more day rest than Portland did. And Kawhi is too business like to get carried away celebtrating that win.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:02 PM   #132
lansdale

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
AD didn't turn that down, he'd have loved to have left. The Pelicans wouldn't take that collection of mediocre talent in return.
My DIY emoji probably didn't convey the tongue-in-cheek nature of that line. He has no veto-power over trades, although, as with Kawhi and PG, the team was making a (supposedly) good-faith effort to move him rather than be left with nothing, and I understand he had accepted some type of re-signing agreement with any potential trade-target, as a sweetener.

But after all the psychodrama in NO surrounding AD, it was funny to me last night that he and the team were going to win hugely by simply standing pat. But since then, like everybody else, I hear that AD still wants out, and that even Zion doesn't want to go to NO and may withdraw. So, as usual, the insanity of the NBA remains far beyond my understanding. Below, a pretty good summary of the options for NO and effect on the NBA, assuming that Zion doesn't withdraw.

I'm guessing the AD-->Boston for Tatum/Brown/? and Zion playing for NO seems to a plausible outcome, but really, who the hell can say what will happen next in the NBA?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-what-happens/
Old 05-15-2019, 10:59 PM   #133
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
Thanks. I like the playoffs much better than the regular season. Not just for watching but for betting.

Tonight, I'm on Toronto at +7. Historically, teams off a week or longer have had some rust, so we will see how Milwaukee is impacted. Big win for Raptors Sunday night but they get one more day rest than Portland did. And Kawhi is too business like to get carried away celebtrating that win.
Right bet, wrong result. Raptors were covering the game for 47.5 minutes and didn't score in final 3 minutes.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:14 PM   #134
lansdale

Kawhi outplaying Giannis

Amazing turnaround in this series by Toronto, thanks to Kawhi, as usual, but also to a born-again Raptor bench, especially Fred Van Vleet. To make amends for calling this series for the Bucks, I would now say bet with both hands on the Raptors to close this series out on Saturday.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:09 PM   #135
Valuist

A lot of 3 point variance in that Toronto win at Milwaukee. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bucks take one on the road in Toronto. No way Van Vleet comes near what he did the other night.