Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-29-2024, 05:43 PM   #106
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Oh, excuse me!
I thought you were talking about the country.

My bad. It was only you.

And gee, 23 years ago, I guess pretty much eveyones homes are worth more.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:44 PM   #107
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Oh, excuse me!
I thought you were talking about the country.

My bad. It was only you.

And gee, 23 years ago, I guess pretty much eveyones homes are worth more.
“Country” means PEOPLE…as far as I am concerned. And I doubt that I am the only homeowner here who has money in the stock market.

Last edited by thaskalos; 02-29-2024 at 05:46 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2024, 05:46 PM   #108
jimmyb

I never liked GW., Voted against him both elections. Michelle Obama loves him though.
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2024, 05:48 PM   #109
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Under Bush, we were attacked by terrorists in the worst possible way
Terrorists that were let into our country and trained under Clinton's presidency. See how easy this game is to play?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2024, 05:49 PM   #110
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Carter years were worse. Far worse

GWB tried to stop the 'loans with no job' nonsense, Lewis called him everything but, well, everything. He thought GWB was a racist for trying to end that "right". From that moment on I bucked back on anyone calling me or anyone else a racist for disagreeing with them politically. Some politicians will play the race card and watch our economy burn. No more silence on the race card shit

Don't take this as a pro GWB post. It;s not. But don't put the blame solely on gwb. The political environment for decades was if you bucked back on a black politician you'd get bent over by the press and your career was over. Enter fox news and, like them or not, they gave a different perspective on it. We needed fairness or at least a different perspective
I agree. Congress caused the 2008 recession with their easy money policies.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2024, 06:09 PM   #111
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Trump was just kidding, it's hard to believe cnn personnel took that seriously. But he's not smart enough to know his flippant comments can be used against him. It applies to everyone, you can't go through life without a filter between your ears to control your mouth

Think about all the childish comments he's said about people. Megyn Kelly, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, etc. He thinks it's cute but that behavior is troublesome.

Yet he's still a better choice than Biden. How fkd up is the country right now?

I have done ok, other than being physically attacked by people who were shocked I brought violence out of them. Those were women.

I am trying to think of the stupidest things I have said. To my dad taking a belt to my ass for the 1,067 time.

"That did not hurt, is that all you got?" He fired me up big time.

To a gorgeous Stevie Nicks look alike in a health club that obviously had a thing for me, she was proud of having no signs of giving birth to a child. She once pulled her top up too high to show she had no stretch marks from breast feeding and too low to show me her C-section scar was barely visible.

Anyway one day she comes up and announces she is filing for divorce, of course implying she is available and as a matter a fact so was I. I asked why, she said it was mostly the age difference, she being 29 and him 43.
I asked her if she wasn't able to do the math when they got married. I never saw her again, she vanished.

Last job working for the man, Boss says "How is it going today, Bob?"
I say, "Glad I work for you, Marc" The boss says, "Thanks for the kind words." I told him my thoughts were because that day everything I touched turned to shit. I said if I was running my own shop I would be a couple grand in the hole for the day and it is not even lunch time.
After that the SOB micro managed me and sent me into self employment
much earlier than I planned. My biggest gaffe that day was turning a guy loose on some equipment he did not know as well as I estimated and he did some damage to it. |

I decided to go to an all night poker game after the night harness races at Los Alamitos, without calling home. I had a great night at Los Al nailing the highest priced winner I ever had. I believe her name was Dynamite Girl, she was against the same group that she went a parked mile against the week before at Fairplex from an outside post. She actually made the front before tiring badly at the 1/16 pole. Tonight she drew inside and took two laps in the cat bird seat before leaving the rail at the head of the stretch, and won easily and paid north of $50 to win and I had $100 WP on her.

I had equal luck at poker cleaning everyone out. Leaving the house with $200 on me and returning with a couple grand my 25 year old ass was full of himself. My somewhat older girlfriend was cooking breakfast for her kids when I came in when the sun was up. She asked me where I had been. I replied "None of your business." I got a cast iron skillet upside my head.

I figured I had that coming.

She once could have caught the house on fire as she botched my teachings of starting hardwood with gasoline in a fireplace. She did not wait till the fumes died down, threw in a match and walked away. The fireball caught a stack of newspapers on fire. Luckily I was on the back deck and doing a heavy bag work out and saw what happened. After I dumped a one gallon pitcher of ice tea on the fire I confronted her. I have a pet peeve of anyone talking back when I am lecturing them on safety

and I told her "Shut the f**k up you stupid beach." She hauled off and slapped me, and then said, "I can't believe I did that, I have never hit anyone before." She then hauled off and slapped me again! Then she told me that she hurt her hand.

I could go on all day, some times I realized it was dumb to say that, other times I just did things to get a rise out of people, I am cool like that.

Just one more! My highly religious grandmother who Boxcar reminds me of
as she always had a bible verse to apply to a situation and thought sex outside of marriage was a major sin, but she also considered gambling a major sin. I was going to visit her on a Superbowl Sunday the NY Giants vs Denver. She goes to turn the TV off as lunch was served as she always thought meals at the table were family time. I said "Turn that back on, I have a weeks pay on the Giants." I thought grandma was going to have a heart attack.

The funny thing, that and finding out I was living with a girlfriend led to a couple interventions where she would invite me over then ambush me with her bible study groups about my sinful lifestyle that would not go over well on judgement day. My lousy dad also dropped dime on me why I would often visit and leave at the exact same time. Grandma lived in Seal Beach Leisure World a couple miles from Los Alamitos Race Track. I would leave grandma's 30 minutes before first post.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2024, 06:14 PM   #112
ElKabong

Quote:
Sure. When Bush was president, my house lost half its value, and my stock portfolio was down by 70%. But now my house is worth more than it ever was, my stock account stands at its highest point…but I am supposed to think that I am suffering more under Biden than I suffered under GW Bush.
I'm legit happy things are going good for you. But your house and your portfolio "have only two important dates of interest" , The day you buy, the day you sell

You haven't sold yet.

As long as china is down our NYSE, is king. No other or better place to put money. We're lucky
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden

Last edited by ElKabong; 02-29-2024 at 06:15 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2024, 06:15 PM   #113
thaskalos

I made up my mind long ago that I wouldn't worry much about the things that I couldn't directly control. I realized that I lived in a country where a certain economic system existed in which only the financial futures of the politicians and the mega-businessmen were being protected. So...my main concern has been the "economy" of my own household...since my own control couldn't reach out to the extent that I wanted it to.

Being a foreigner in this country, I lack the sophistication to know where the real blame lies whenever we suffer some economic calamity here. So...I have invented a simple method by which I am able to tell if my household is on firm financial ground. I put my hand in my pocket, and if my pocket is full...then I tell myself that I am doing alright. And if my pocket is empty...then I blame no one but myself. Because I know the "rules of the game" in this country...and it's my own fault if this "game" has left me behind.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:26 PM   #114
ElKabong

Quote:
I made up my mind long ago that I wouldn't worry much about the things that I couldn't directly control. I realized that I lived in a country where a certain economic system existed in which only the financial futures of the politicians and the mega-businessmen were being protected. So...my main concern has been the "economy" of my own household...since my own control couldn't reach out to the extent that I wanted it to.

Being a foreigner in this country, I lack the sophistication to know where the real blame lies whenever we suffer some economic calamity here. So...I have invented a simple method by which I am able to tell if my household is on firm financial ground. I put my hand in my pocket, and if my pocket is full...then I tell myself that I am doing alright. And if my pocket is empty...then I blame no one but myself. Because I know the "rules of the game" in this country...and it's my own fault if this "game" has left me behind.
Sound thinking. Sad but true. Sound thinking given circumstances
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2024, 08:45 PM   #115
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Bush inherited the 9/11 attacks, a culmination of years of escalating terror attacks on us that were never seriously addressed by CLINTON.

You need to wait longer than 23 years before you rewrite history.

And we have not been in worse shape than today in 100 years, ALL of it self inflicted by Biden.
I will just add a pic I took some time ago.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2007-NY-WTP.jpg (442.2 KB, 17 views)
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 12:54 PM   #116
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Sure. When Bush was president, my house lost half its value, and my stock portfolio was down by 70%. But now my house is worth more than it ever was, my stock account stands at its highest point…but I am supposed to think that I am suffering more under Biden than I suffered under GW Bush.

The big difference is George W. Bush had no direct input to what caused the economic collapse. I will lay that in the lap of banks, real estate agents, and reckless spending of people using home equity. The banks for inventing new loan products so they could loan money for something a person really did not have the means to afford, many of those loans were ticking time bombs.

Then with the real estate boom and no place was hotter than SoCal people were using home equity loans and refi's to party like it is 1999. Businesses expanded to serve the debauchery. Some of them even changed their business model. An example of that was a place local to me in Riverside Ca where I bought my machine shop supplies. People also spent lavishly on home remodels creating a home construction trade boom. Ken's Tool was about 50-50, machine shop supplies and construction trade supplies. Machining stayed pretty much flat construction went ape shit. Ken's started taking away floor and shelf space from machinist supplies and gave them to construction supplies. They dropped a lot of cutting tool lines, which made no sense as with some of them a bread box would hold $100,000 worth. The last time I went in there they were about 90-10 construction supplies. Well the real estate boom went bust and machining stayed the same, with many of Ken's machine shop customers long gone, Ken's tool went out of business.
They had been a Riverside fixture for 60 years.

I went off a cliff serving the debauchery as an OEM to the limousine industry. I also served the car customization sector. Most limousines are sold to services that rent them out for weddings, airport runs, etc. A very small part of the market goes to personal limousines for the wealthy.
There was a Vegas customer who replaced his fleet every 6 months always wanting the latest and greatest. He got paid to shuttle customers to strip clubs. The limousine industry boomed and crashed, it never came back.
Sometimes I Google old customer's business names. I had 23 that placed regular orders. I believe 2 are still alive, and those changed their business models. I knew things would recede, but I figured if I cornered the market
and extinguished the competition, even if the industry contracted 75% I would be fine. The problem is the industry contracted 99%+

I just Goggled the Vegas business, looks like it is still alive and kicking, not sure if the same couple still own it. It is far different that it was before the crash of 2008. They mostly rent party buses, not the over the top insane vehicles of the past. I think the topper was the stretch Hummer that towed a trailer with a Jacuzzi full of women sitting around it in micro bikinis.
that was used to solicit strip club business. That gave free strip club rides.
Unfortunately when the owner brought it to my customer's shop to install some of my items, he left the trailer, and the hot half naked women back in Vegas. He did show us a picture of the women, but it wasn't the same.

Moral of the story if a person blames George Bush for the recession of 2008
they are at best very uniformed, or just an extremely biased Democrat.
Old 03-01-2024, 02:41 PM   #117
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Four years ago Trump called Joe Biden the "worst Presidential candidate in the history of American politics"...and he said that he would have to flee the country if he were to lose to such an unworthy opponent. I wonder how he will feel when he loses to Joe Biden TWICE!
Imagine thinking 4 more years of Biden would be a net-positive over Trump

imagine...
Old 03-01-2024, 02:42 PM   #118
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Awww...that upsets me more than you know...because you mean EVERYTHING to me.
You need to ignore illiterate old men like fast...it's not even close to a fair fight at this point
Old 03-01-2024, 03:56 PM   #119
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Imagine thinking 4 more years of Biden would be a net-positive over Trump

imagine...
It’s an embarrassment that the strongest country in the world has these two idiots as main candidates on the presidential ballot.
Old 03-01-2024, 04:20 PM   #120
Inner Dirt

Quote:
It’s an embarrassment that the strongest country in the world has these two idiots as main candidates on the presidential ballot.

No one likes my solutions.

Item #1, either pass a test to get a voter I.D. card that should be required in
all federal elections or bribe people with a $50 gift card if they can pass a test on how the government works. Finance the $50 gift card by making candidates pay a percentage of campaign donations to the program.
That will educate voters and eliminate a lot of those political ads that would only influence the uneducated. I am truly shocked those ads influence people, if they didn't they would not get run.

Item #2, each candidate has to answer a set of questions voted on by registered voters while hooked to a lie detector. A good one for Biden would
be "Who is running the country, as in who are you taking orders from?"

A good one for Trump "Why have you filed business bankruptcies 4 times

when you could have easily paid off the debts?"

The true answer for Biden, "I have advanced dementia and wasn't very smart to begin with. Trumps would be "I have always been an a-hole and get great joy out of screwing people over.