Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #16
njcurveball

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man
It wasn't about JOELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL 'stiffing' horses but rather that he's way too often a 'stiff' on horses.
His 2009 record stands at 289 for 1504. His return is an amazing 95 cents on the dollar for all of those rides combined. If this is what you call "stiffing", I recommend you bet all his horses and lose a whole lot less for the year.
njcurveball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2009, 09:06 PM   #17
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer
Not true.
So the owner is lying, or the Blood Horse writer made it up?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2009, 09:24 PM   #18
the_fat_man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcurveball
His 2009 record stands at 289 for 1504. His return is an amazing 95 cents on the dollar for all of those rides combined. If this is what you call "stiffing", I recommend you bet all his horses and lose a whole lot less for the year.
Joel is, for the most part, riding against a pathetic colony. When Bejarano and Gomez are around, he's 3rd best (but only when Espinoza and Tyler Baze are riding like RETARDS -- which is OFTEN). He can't finish with those two (GG and Bejarano) and lacks their overall racing acumen. He's a poor man's Alan Garcia at this stage in his career. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but he's certainly not the star that some are making him out to be. He's an improving jock but he'll never be what I'd consider an exceptional jock.

Now, obviously, your focus is on NUMBERs, so you don't watch as many races, closely, as you should OR you'd agree with my assessment.

I'm winning for the year, btw. So, what works for you doesn't necessary do anything for me.

Last edited by the_fat_man; 12-14-2009 at 09:26 PM.
the_fat_man is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #19
v j stauffer

Quote:
Joel is, for the most part, riding against a pathetic colony. When Bejarano and Gomez are around, he's 3rd best (but only when Espinoza and Tyler Baze are riding like RETARDS -- which is OFTEN). He can't finish with those two (GG and Bejarano) and lacks their overall racing acumen. He's a poor man's Alan Garcia at this stage in his career. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but he's certainly not the star that some are making him out to be. He's an improving jock but he'll never be what I'd consider an exceptional jock.

Now, obviously, your focus is on NUMBERs, so you don't watch as many races, closely, as you should OR you'd agree with my assessment.

I'm winning for the year, btw. So, what works for you doesn't necessary do anything for me.
Bejarano has been "around" for the entire meeting. Joel has ridden 1 less day than him at this fall meeting. Joel is 9 wins ahead with 4 racing days to go. Bejarano is a great rider. I think Joel has proven he can compete.

BTW I'm very glad you're winning. However you're doing it don't change. Good for you. Seriously!
v j stauffer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #20
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
So the owner is lying, or the Blood Horse writer made it up?
The owner was not lying. The Blood Horse reported what Glenney said acurately. Glenney totally overreacted to a flippant, off the cuff, ill advised, sarcastic comment made by me. There was never any interest or offer made to buy the horse.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:49 PM   #21
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Interesting how Steve Anderson wrote the Rosario cleared article on DRF and not you know who.
For the record, Jay Privman was on vacation....which is why Steve Anderson covered both the hearing and the resolution.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #22
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
The owner was not lying. The Blood Horse reported what Glenney said acurately. Glenney totally overreacted to a flippant, off the cuff, ill advised, sarcastic comment made by me. There was never any interest or offer made to buy the horse.
Glenney was already upset with the ride, correct? So you make a "flippant, off the cuff, ill advised, sacastic comment", after that, yet he overreacted?

How should he have reacted?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #23
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
For the record, Jay Privman was on vacation....which is why Steve Anderson covered both the hearing and the resolution.
Steve did not cover the first day of testimony.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #24
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Glenney was already upset with the ride, correct? So you make a "flippant, off the cuff, ill advised, sacastic comment", after that, yet he overreacted?

I understand why he reacted the way he did. Losing a race you hope to win can be very emotional. All Glenney did was ask the stewards to look at the race because he felt our conversation was unusual. IMO what happened after that was the travesty.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #25
the little guy

Quote:
Steve did not cover the first day of testimony.
Right, Vic, because that was three weeks ago when Steve Anderson was on vacation, and Jay wasn't, which is why he covered it.

Come on, Vic, is this really the direction you want to take this?
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #26
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
Right, Vic, because that was three weeks ago when Steve Anderson was on vacation, and Jay wasn't, which is why he covered it.

Come on, Vic, is this really the direction you want to take this?
I'm not taking anything any direction. I simply stated an acurate fact. Privman covered the 1st day of testimony. Anderson covered the rest.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #27
Greyfox

"A Tempest in a Teapot?"

With so many other important things in life to expend energy on, this thread is a classic example of a tempest in a teapot.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2009, 11:49 PM   #28
Backstretch Pirate
Veteran

Quote:
I understand why he reacted the way he did. Losing a race you hope to win can be very emotional.
Glenney must get EMOTIONAL a lot. He loses about 94% of the time.
Rosario did nothing wrong, and the whole thing was a farce.
Backstretch Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2009, 06:22 AM   #29
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:

I'm speechless.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2009, 06:30 AM   #30
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698

He reacted like any other 5 year old would.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply