Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 01:57 PM   #8011
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
The IRS is not a law enforcement agency. From time to time the IRS discovers evidence of fraud or other illegal activity and when it does the matter is turned over to prosecutors. Those prosecutors do have the burden of proof.
Another clueless wonder in total denial.

Who enforces the tax laws?

Tax laws are passed by Congress and enforced by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at the federal level.

https://www.irs.gov/statistics/irs-enforcing-laws

And here's another clue for you: The same holds true for state taxing authorities!

Your non-contributions, as usual, are deeply not appreciated.

P.S. Try telling the IRS the next time they contact you requesting proof from you on one thing or another to take a flying leap off a steep cliff -- or telling them that the burden of the proof they want resides with them.

Last edited by boxcar; 08-22-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:01 PM   #8012
boxcar

Quote:
Of course natural selection predicts the law of distrust. To keep it simple for you: Those who trust die out. Those who do not trust survive. Survival of the distrustful. Kool, huh?
But how does natural selection predict that among humankind?
Old 08-22-2018, 02:03 PM   #8013
boxcar

To all you mighty plastic sword-bearers, I have a question for all you:

May I see a show of hands for how many of you have never lied in your entire life?

I'll be waiting with bated breathe.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:12 PM   #8014
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post

May I see a show of hands for how many of you have never lied in your entire life?

You must be the only one with your hand up...seeing that you are "saved", and all.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:25 PM   #8015
hcap

Quote:

Your "Universal Law of Distrust" requires 2 things

Universal
Distrust

Neither are present at the same time, all the time. Therefore it is not a "law". Contrast that with say gravity.

Therefore scientifically, your so-called law does not exist. I realize scripture can say anything you want it to. But even scripture claims no scientific laws.

Your attempt to codify this absurd "law", is only you again interpreting facts anyway you please.

Btw, if this law was so well known, how came no judicial system in the world, no social-psychological study or science in the world mentions it?

It's ok to make things up as you go along, but please don't call it science.......or rational

Last edited by hcap; 08-22-2018 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:29 PM   #8016
hcap

Hey Sherlock, what happened to your "forensic" scientists not being able to calculate the earth at over 10,000 years in age?
Old 08-22-2018, 05:43 PM   #8017
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Another clueless wonder in total denial.

Who enforces the tax laws? ...
Straw Man and Red Herring! The issue is burden of proof. At the federal level that falls on the Department of Justice which is the agency that actually prosecutes.

The IRS can assess penalties and fees but there are tax courts where that can be appealed. The IRS cannot send you to jail. That takes a judge and a jury. Judges do not answer to the IRS.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:51 PM   #8018
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
But how does natural selection predict that among humankind?
By explaining it. What else do you not understand?
Old 08-22-2018, 06:03 PM   #8019
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Your non-contributions, as usual, are deeply not appreciated.
Do you think yours are?
Old 08-22-2018, 08:22 PM   #8020
boxcar

Quote:
By explaining it. What else do you not understand?
I don't understand your non-answer. EXPLAIN to us HOW natural selection predicts the Law of Distrust. I can explain how scripture predicts the law. But you, Mr. Whiz Scientist can't explain how natural selection does.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:39 PM   #8021
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
You must be the only one with your hand up...seeing that you are "saved", and all.
So, you've never lied in your whole life? Is that your answer?
Old 08-22-2018, 08:42 PM   #8022
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Hey Sherlock, what happened to your "forensic" scientists not being able to calculate the earth at over 10,000 years in age?
I don't have any forensic scientists.

And don't forget to thank me profusely for expanding your horizons on science -- the very subject which you pride yourself as being king of all knowledge. You learned from me that there is such a thing as "forensic science".
Old 08-22-2018, 08:45 PM   #8023
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Your "Universal Law of Distrust" requires 2 things

Universal
Distrust

Neither are present at the same time, all the time. Therefore it is not a "law". Contrast that with say gravity.

Therefore scientifically, your so-called law does not exist. I realize scripture can say anything you want it to. But even scripture claims no scientific laws.

Your attempt to codify this absurd "law", is only you again interpreting facts anyway you please.

Btw, if this law was so well known, how came no judicial system in the world, no social-psychological study or science in the world mentions it?

It's ok to make things up as you go along, but please don't call it science.......or rational
For a thing to be a law (or principle) at minimum it only needs to be an underlying faculty or endowment of human nature, eg. greed, curiosity, distrust etc. That's number one.

Number two, it is universal in scope because everyone on the planet old enough to understand what lying is has lied and has been lied to. This lying is the underlying (good pun intended) reason behind the distrust. Therefore, this is a comprehensive and fundamental law that is global in scale.

Do you deny that you have ever lied in your entire life? Or that you have been lied to by others?

And I'm still waiting on your answer about your kids and grandkids. Did you teach your kids when they were young to trust everyone they met? And do your grown kids teach their kids to trust everyone they meet.

Quit ducking the tough questions. You're such a wimp. You never answered where the Present was relative the Past and Future in your insane "causal arrow of time" scheme, and now you're pulling the same stunt with your kids and grandkids! Go beg, borrow, steal, rent or buy a backbone for once in your life!
Old 08-22-2018, 09:51 PM   #8024
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I don't understand your non-answer. EXPLAIN to us HOW natural selection predicts the Law of Distrust. I can explain how scripture predicts the law. But you, Mr. Whiz Scientist can't explain how natural selection does.
Are you saying that you don't understand, given two populations: one which trusts unconditionally and another which requires evidence, that the former will die out and the latter survive?
Old 08-22-2018, 09:58 PM   #8025
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Are you saying that you don't understand, given two populations: one which trusts unconditionally and another which requires evidence, that the former will die out and the latter survive?
The principle is encapsulated in the popular canard, “Good guys finish last...”
Closed Thread