Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-26-2020, 12:58 PM   #1
onetonine

Quarter horse betting in Pennsylvania

Just wondering if there is any ADW sites that you can bet on quarter horse races with while living in Pennsylvania?
onetonine is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2020, 01:31 PM   #2
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonine View Post
Just wondering if there is any ADW sites that you can bet on quarter horse races with while living in Pennsylvania?
Xpressbet.com where at in Pa.?

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2020, 05:04 PM   #3
onetonine

Thanks ldiatone

Xpressbet doesn't allow it. https://app.1st.com/state-restrictions
Old 07-26-2020, 06:32 PM   #4
turfeyejoe

Quarter Horse betting from PA

I used to bet Quarter Horses from Hialeah using BetAmerica but now that they're owned by TwinSpires I don't know if they will take a bet from PA residents.
turfeyejoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2020, 06:52 PM   #5
RunForTheRoses

PABETS/TVG

https://pabets.tvg.com/
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 11:02 PM   #6
onetonine

Thanks Runfortheroses

I contacted TVG and this is what they told me...

Thank you for contacting TVG,

TVG is the Advanced Deposit Wagering (ADW) operator for Harrah's Chester. Pennsylvania residents must use the Harrah's branded TVG website, available at https://pabets.tvg.com. Mobile customers with iOS devices should download the PABets iOS app. Unfortunately, you will not be able to use the automated telephone wagering system.

Pennsylvania residents are only able to wager on tracks offered by Harrah's Chester. You will not be able to wager on Quarter Horses, Arabians, Appaloosas, Mixed Race, or races listed as "Other". You will not be able to wager on Los Alamitos or Remington Park. You will not be able to wager on racing from France, Great Britain, Ireland, South Africa, Hong Kong, or Japan. You are able to wager on racing from Australia.

Unfortunately, we are not able to offer our Wager Rewards program to Pennsylvania residents.

Pennsylvania residents are subjects to TVG's standard terms and conditions and wager cancellation policies.

Thank you,

So I guess they don't accept Quarter Horse wagers.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:50 PM   #7
judehaz

I use AmWager to bet on Dogs and QH in PA.
judehaz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2020, 08:33 AM   #8
turfeyejoe

Amwager not available in PA

How did you get an Amwager account from PA? When I go there, it tells me PA residents are not allowed to wager there.
turfeyejoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2020, 09:19 PM   #9
judehaz

I got it years ago when it was still trackinfo. Maybe got grandfathered in?
judehaz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2020, 05:47 AM   #10
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonine View Post
Thanks Runfortheroses

I contacted TVG and this is what they told me...

Thank you for contacting TVG,

TVG is the Advanced Deposit Wagering (ADW) operator for Harrah's Chester. Pennsylvania residents must use the Harrah's branded TVG website, available at https://pabets.tvg.com. Mobile customers with iOS devices should download the PABets iOS app. Unfortunately, you will not be able to use the automated telephone wagering system.

Pennsylvania residents are only able to wager on tracks offered by Harrah's Chester. You will not be able to wager on Quarter Horses, Arabians, Appaloosas, Mixed Race, or races listed as "Other". You will not be able to wager on Los Alamitos or Remington Park. You will not be able to wager on racing from France, Great Britain, Ireland, South Africa, Hong Kong, or Japan. You are able to wager on racing from Australia.

Unfortunately, we are not able to offer our Wager Rewards program to Pennsylvania residents.

Pennsylvania residents are subjects to TVG's standard terms and conditions and wager cancellation policies.

Thank you,

So I guess they don't accept Quarter Horse wagers.
Stupid state regulations.

Bettors should be able to bet on any regulated horse race In the world and use the exchange if they so choose.

But that’s a perfect world.

In jersey, I can bet on a lot however still can’t bet NYRA races on the exchange.

As I said, stupid state regulations.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2020, 01:20 PM   #11
onetonine

Allen

I know!

I live in the middle of "the land of the free" and I can't even wager with a sports book in another state or bet on a horse race that is running in the same country as me. It's insane.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:34 PM   #12
Chris Garrity

I live in Pennsylvania, and haven't found a way to bet on QH, dogs, or any other exotica. I looked into it a few years ago, and was told that state law in PA allows betting on standardbred and thoroughbred races ONLY -- whether that's true or not have no idea, but it was what I was told.
Chris Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2020, 02:13 AM   #13
horseplayer

Tried to bet Lonestar thru my twinspires acct but it would not go thru - called tech support and they told me Pa residents can't wager on quarter horses .
horseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2020, 07:23 PM   #14
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Stupid state regulations.

Bettors should be able to bet on any regulated horse race In the world and use the exchange if they so choose.

But that’s a perfect world.

In jersey, I can bet on a lot however still can’t bet NYRA races on the exchange.

As I said, stupid state regulations.

Allan
It's probably unconstitutional, but try fighting it. These politicians like to give us the old "free trade" and "open markets" BS but you can't buy health insurance across state lines, and in many states, as you say, you are locked out of using the services of wagering companies from other states. Meanwhile, when the company you work for wants to fire you and move your job to India, that's not a problem.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: