Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-23-2018, 03:27 PM   #766
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
How does an investigation need to persist without ANY evidence of a crime before it should end?
We have no idea what evidence they do and don't have.

Say what you want but Mueller has ran a pretty tight ship in terms of this investigation.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #767
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
We have no idea what evidence they do and don't have.

Say what you want but Mueller has ran a pretty tight ship in terms of this investigation.
Mueller should be the first lifetime appointment to my proposed permanent special investigation unit for all new Presidents going forward.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:31 PM   #768
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Question. After all this is said and done, would you agree, that as a matter of regular function, a special investigator be appointed along with every new Presidential election?

Let's add a wing to DOJ for this.

Every new President must go through this from now on.

And it must be an EXHAUSTIVE investigation. Especially if the President is a Republican.

What do you say?
No.

Trump is the reason the Special Investigator exists. At every conceivable turn he has made matters worse for himself.

This is his modus operandi so far since being elected...
Old 08-23-2018, 03:35 PM   #769
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
No.

Trump is the reason the Special Investigator exists. At every conceivable turn he has made matters worse for himself.

This is his modus operandi so far since being elected...
Oh stop it. You've been a total drama queen lately on these posts.

Acting as if ANYTHING thus far brought to life has been some huge earth-shattering criminal event that demands justice.

Meanwhile, Awan gets a slap on the wrist, Seth Rich is still dead, and Hillary got away with destroying evidence that was supposed to be used for HER own little "investigation."

It's quite sickening when you really think about all of it.

All because she wasn't supposed to lose.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:41 PM   #770
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Mueller should be the first lifetime appointment to my proposed permanent special investigation unit for all new Presidents going forward.
Trump firing Comey is why Mueller exists. Publicly attacking his AG for recusing himself, appropriately I might add, is why Mueller exists.

The competing memo's from the House Intel Community is PROOF... Mueller should exist.

I know you get sick of hearing me say this but Trump has repeatedly made matters worse for himself.

Ask yourself why is a guy facing a federal investigation is constantly lying to the public... and I mean constantly...

Also... why do his supporters keep letting him do it? So many posts on here by his supporters... they've believed him and expended time defending him... only to have him shit on them again and again...
Old 08-23-2018, 03:44 PM   #771
elysiantraveller

Quote:

Acting as if ANYTHING thus far brought to life has been some huge earth-shattering criminal event that demands justice.

Meanwhile, Awan gets a slap on the wrist, Seth Rich is still dead, and Hillary got away with destroying evidence that was supposed to be used for HER own little "investigation."

Accuse me of being a drama queen and deflecting to Hillary...

Rich...

Not trying to defend Hillary Clinton but for 12 goddamn years Republicans have been trying to lock her up... I cheered most of it on too.

12 years...

Mueller has Trump in deep shit and coming unhinged in about 12 months.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:48 PM   #772
elysiantraveller

Quote:

Trump dictated the bogus Orphan story for the Trump Tower meeting...

Trump has said repeatedly he has no idea about the hush payments...

Etc. Etc.

I'll lay it out there as easy as possible:

TRUMP MAY BE COMPLETELY INNOCENT.

But He's made things worse for himself every step of the way.

The cover-up may be worse than the actual crime.

He's earned every bit of this investigation.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:50 PM   #773
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
And the reason for that is that the system treated them both perfectly equally, correct?

BTW, basically the SAME PEOPLE investigated both...you're saying they both received the exact same equal scrutiny and depth of probing?

Come on...

This is what I mean by drama queen. You're acting all aghast at all the missteps of Trump...how he brought all this on himself. Meanwhile, BOTH Trump and Clinton were investigated by basically the same team of people...one was treated with absolute KID GLOVES, the other was treated like HANNIBAL LECTER.

You make the call.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-23-2018 at 03:52 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2018, 04:04 PM   #774
elysiantraveller

Quote:
And the reason for that is that the system treated them both perfectly equally, correct?

BTW, basically the SAME PEOPLE investigated both...you're saying they both received the exact same equal scrutiny and depth of probing?

Come on...
How many times do we need to investigate Clinton!?!?

We've been investigating her for shit since 1992.

She still walks [or walks and then passes out] the streets. She is shady as all hell. But in all of this time the person in this country with one of the BIGGEST TARGETS on her back has avoided prosecution. She is shady, corrupt, probably a criminal, unethical, and unlikable...

Lost in all of this is the FBI may have cost her the election by reopening the case a WEEK from the General.

Meanwhile there is Trump. Everyone also knows he's shady, corrupt, probably a criminal, unethical, and unlikable.

Main difference so far between the two is he can't keep his story straight for 48 ****ing hours and lies when telling the truth would likely (assuming he is innocent) be less harmful.

I'm over Hillary. I don't care anymore. If the roles were reversed and she was President right now she'd already be impeached and I'd be right with you guys supporting it...

But she's not.

You don't give pass to one potential criminal because you couldn't catch another.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:12 PM   #775
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I don't care about Hillary either. But she is just such an easy example to use to contrast what has happened here, it can't be avoided.

But to suggest/demand/holler from the mountain that Trump deserves to be investigated/impeached/resign/jailed/drawn & quartered/etc. for every single thing he does and says is insane.

You know there is no crime in paying someone to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Yet you're perfectly fine with that dog and pony show in court with Cohen the other day. That's outrageous!

Where's the evidence he used campaign funds? There isn't any, because I'm sure he wasn't THAT STUPID (yeah, it's Trump, but still), he's NOT THAT STUPID to do something LIKE THAT.

So...try and be at least a little objective when it comes to Trump.

He can cite so many reasons WHY he paid off those women (to hide it from his wife, to protect his business, etc. etc.) that there is no way in hell the "well, the silence was bought to influence the election" would never hold in court.

Hell, I've read opinions where he could cite BOTH reasons (hide from wife AND avoid negative impact on campaign) and that would STILL be enough for it to be legal under the current law. It could be BOTH. As long as there is a non-political reason for it...it could be for BOTH reasons and still not rise to the level of a violation of campaign finance law.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-23-2018 at 04:13 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2018, 04:18 PM   #776
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I don't care about Hillary either. But she is just such an easy example to use to contrast what has happened here, it can't be avoided.

But to suggest/demand/holler from the mountain that Trump deserves to be investigated/impeached/resign/jailed/drawn & quartered/etc. for every single thing he does and says is insane.

You know there is no crime in paying someone to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Yet you're perfectly fine with that dog and pony show in court with Cohen the other day. That's outrageous!

Where's the evidence he used campaign funds? There isn't any, because I'm sure he wasn't THAT STUPID (yeah, it's Trump, but still), he's NOT THAT STUPID to do something LIKE THAT.

So...try and be at least a little objective when it comes to Trump.

He can cite so many reasons WHY he paid off those women (to hide it from his wife, to protect his business, etc. etc.) that there is no way in hell the "well, the silence was bought to influence the election" would never hold in court.

Hell, I've read opinions where he could cite BOTH reasons (hide from wife AND avoid negative impact on campaign) and that would STILL be enough for it to be legal under the current law. It could be BOTH. As long as there is a non-political reason for it...it could be for BOTH reasons.
Again.. I DON'T KNOW IF TRUMP HAS COMMITTED ANY CRIMES.

I know he is in a shit ton of trouble right now. I also know I can't trust a goddamn thing he says.

That said I'm getting really ****ing tired of how this is affecting the country. Trump even if he survives this is a LAME DUCK from here until the end of the term.

He can just resign.
Pence can take over.
The GOP can sort its shit out.
Trump supporters will back Pence.
He will forever be loved and adored by his base as a political Martyr.
If necessary Pence can pardon him.

That seems a lot more preferable than going further down this rabbit hole.

That's just my opinion.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #777
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
That said I'm getting really ****ing tired of how this is affecting the country.
Agree.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:54 PM   #778
davew

Quote:
Accuse me of being a drama queen and deflecting to Hillary...

Rich...

Not trying to defend Hillary Clinton but for 12 goddamn years Republicans have been trying to lock her up... I cheered most of it on too.

12 years...

Hilary has been 'protected' for 12 years - her protection is now going after Trump in hopes of getting him before they get revealed themselves for what they are.

Trump likes a battle of wits, and will come back fighting ... even if it means suing and appealing up to the Supreme Court.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2018, 05:48 PM   #779
OntheRail

Quote:
The first one has resulted in dozens of indictments and a bunch of convictions so....

Rudy actually admitted the second one... then said it wasn't a crime.
#1... Not one connected to so called Russsan Election Collusion... which was the supposed reason for the Investigation.

#2 See #1.

But We All know the true REASON for #1... Unseat a dueling Elected President that should never of WON in the eyes of " The ESTABLISHMENT ".

But your good with that.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:56 PM   #780
thaskalos

Trump promised us "exciting times"...and he delivered.