Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 05-04-2020, 04:09 PM   #1
stewball1127
Journeyman

ValueCapper

Years ago I used Black Magic, and due to life getting in the way I stopped handicapping for awhile.

I no longer have that program, and now his latest is ValueCapper.

Does anyone here use it? What are your thoughts??

I am looking for something to use for daily handicapping. I loved FCR but they are out of business. I've reached out to a few people that use the Yeast program, similar to FCR.

I know its not cheap, and the data is around $100/month..which is in line with a BRIS monthly unlimited.

Appreciate any feedback on the software.
stewball1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2020, 07:06 PM   #2
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewball1127 View Post
Years ago I used Black Magic, and due to life getting in the way I stopped handicapping for awhile.

I am looking for something to use for daily handicapping. I loved FCR but they are out of business. I've reached out to a few people that use the Yeast program, similar to FCR.

I know its not cheap, and the data is around $100/month..which is in line with a BRIS monthly unlimited.

What was FCR?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2020, 07:40 PM   #3
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

FCR = Full Card Reports!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2020, 07:49 PM   #4
lefty359

Speed, I had Valuecapper and I got a refund.If Black Magic didn't work for you VC probably won't either. Some use VC and win, but I did not, for what i's worth.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2020, 08:23 PM   #5
lefty359

OOPS. I addressed Speed but should have addressed Stewball...
Old 05-07-2020, 12:53 PM   #6
stewball1127
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
Speed, I had Valuecapper and I got a refund.If Black Magic didn't work for you VC probably won't either. Some use VC and win, but I did not, for what i's worth.
I didn't say that it didn't work for me. It was a fine piece of software.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:37 PM   #7
lefty359

Stew, if BM worked for you then no reason why Valuecapper won't. Good luck with it. I might not have given it long enough test.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:57 PM   #8
SandyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewball1127 View Post

This is a similar program as FCR basically the same reports and information.

http://contenderswins.com/
SandyW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2020, 01:09 AM   #9
acorn54

i had both programs. i never gained enough understanding of how mr pizzolla was using it so successfully. anyway with so few tracks running anymore it seems a tough nut to crack to pay the expenses and show a significant positive return. ymmv-good luck hope it works for you.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2020, 02:24 AM   #10
stewball1127
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
i had both programs. i never gained enough understanding of how mr pizzolla was using it so successfully. anyway with so few tracks running anymore it seems a tough nut to crack to pay the expenses and show a significant positive return. ymmv-good luck hope it works for you.

Today TB Race 5 and 6 both winners paid 17/1 and both right there using the software.

Any software you use costs money for data, the monthly expense of VC is the same as many others. Most of the software out there costs about the same amount for data as VC, no idea why people get hung up on the cost. BRIS is $125/mo for unlimited, same as VC.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:37 PM   #11
lefty359

When you say winners "right there" what do you mean as the prgm has several angles as well as a consensus. Just curious and I may learn somehing...
Old 05-10-2020, 01:00 PM   #12
stewball1127
Journeyman

Quote:
When you say winners "right there" what do you mean as the prgm has several angles as well as a consensus. Just curious and I may learn somehing...

I don't want to get into specifics about the software on this board. VC users have access to a forum that they all pay for, and I don't want to give out a lot of that information on a public forum. If you have the software and access to that Forum, the race was posted and explained there.

If you don't have the software, I'll say that its a value based software, and the oddsline is a big key. Looking at all of the factors those horses had, the #4 was a pretty clear play based on ranking, positive factors, and the oddsline.

TB6 was a turf race and based on rank, oddsline, and other positive factors was a pretty clear play.

Do you own the software? Just curious if you have seen those races
Old 05-10-2020, 01:01 PM   #13
stewball1127
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyW View Post
This is a similar program as FCR basically the same reports and information.

http://contenderswins.com/

Its kinda the same, but FCR was far cleaner and easier to navigate...and the Icons were fantastic if you knew what to look for....which this program doesn't have
Old 05-10-2020, 01:18 PM   #14
lefty359

I had the software but sent it back. Lost money with it. Had a lot of angles. Guess I tried them all and got cght in the switches.

as well as an oddsline. THat's why I was curious as what got you the winners. There's no big secret as to what's in it. Pizzolla explains a lot of the stuff that's in it on YouTube.
Continued good luck.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:14 PM   #15
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
I had the software but sent it back. Lost money with it. Had a lot of angles. Guess I tried them all and got cght in the switches.

as well as an oddsline. THat's why I was curious as what got you the winners. There's no big secret as to what's in it. Pizzolla explains a lot of the stuff that's in it on YouTube.
Continued good luck.
Thats what I saw in his yearly RANTS....

It creates odds based on the VC calcs and compares it to the ML....
Most software can do that..even Handifast created an odds line & that is free.

It also gives you the good & bad angles of each horse....
Some software does that too...

Like I said....for the price, its way over what I believe

Mike

PS- in the 10 years I've been here , I have never seen a thread on these big commercial software and their capabilities to win in horse racing.
Why do you think that is?
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply