Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-29-2021, 10:30 AM   #61
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
It's interesting because this is a huge field with a lot of speed. Parx usually tends wide/closers but lately speed/rail has been better (or at least fair). As far as Script, at 3-1 and with a huge battle for the lead coming up, hard to love him.

The Witty was very visually impressive the last two. If he works out a trip from that post, he gets the nod but it's pretty wide open. The two stakes could be the rare - double.
There are some BAD MLs in that race!
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2021, 11:01 AM   #62
classhandicapper

Quote:
It's interesting because this is a huge field with a lot of speed. Parx usually tends wide/closers but lately speed/rail has been better (or at least fair). As far as Script, at 3-1 and with a huge battle for the lead coming up, hard to love him.

The Witty was very visually impressive the last two. If he works out a trip from that post, he gets the nod but it's pretty wide open. The two stakes could be the rare - double.
A few of the faster horses scratched. That made the field a little easier than when I first looked at it, but he's still probably going to have to move forward.
Old 12-29-2021, 11:12 AM   #63
castaway01

Well, with both 12's being scratched, at least I can't lose any money.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2021, 11:39 AM   #64
the little guy

Quote:
The scratches destroyed any chance of making money there. Speaking will be around even money, or less, now.
Old 12-29-2021, 04:12 PM   #65
the little guy

Quote:
The tough trip did Script in. There's no tougher trip than sitting fourth behind a three horse pace duel.
Old 12-29-2021, 04:13 PM   #66
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
The tough trip did Script in. There's no tougher trip than sitting fourth behind a three horse pace duel.
It was brutal, I felt bad for him just crying out for room with only a few lengths of open space.
Old 12-29-2021, 04:35 PM   #67
classhandicapper

I didn't know one race defined a career, but I knew what to expect here.

The winner had quite an eventful trip last time. I wish I had watched that replay before this race.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-29-2021 at 04:37 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2021, 05:21 PM   #68
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
The fractions and final time look like a pace meltdown, but the others weren't good enough to make a dent. Last three furlongs in about 41 seconds?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2021, 05:21 PM   #69
VeryOldMan

Quote:
LOL. When you're right, you're right. Watched the race in real time - Script had absolutely no excuse. May end up being a useful horse, but today exposed his upside or lack thereof.
VeryOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2021, 05:37 PM   #70
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryOldMan View Post
LOL. When you're right, you're right. Watched the race in real time - Script had absolutely no excuse. May end up being a useful horse, but today exposed his upside or lack thereof.
What does "useful" mean? They are all useful. All horses are. From a talent standpoint he's a claimer. That's OK. It's just not what the OP and Classhandicapper said he was.
Old 12-29-2021, 05:59 PM   #71
castaway01

I'm not a Script hater. I have no opinion on him other than he wasn't a good bet today. The race was wide open, at least to me. TLG is right that he got a perfect setup and couldn't close the needed ground anyway. He's just an average horse, maybe he'll win a few allowance races. Whatever.

Today at Parx, as with many days at Parx, is one of those days where I looked at the opening Pick 4 and thought, wow, nearly $10K for 50 cents! I kinda liked those horses, I could've had that! Then I looked again and realized I only hit the "All" leg. So I was pretty befuddled. Well, at least we've got a new year and can turn the page.
Old 12-29-2021, 06:06 PM   #72
classhandicapper

Quote:
What does "useful" mean? They are all useful. All horses are. From a talent standpoint he's a claimer. That's OK. It's just not what the OP and Classhandicapper said he was.
Not that it matters, but I said I had no opinion on this horse. If anything, I said his last trip was on a track that may have favored him. (that's a negative)

What I did say was that the OP's contention that some lightly raced horses are better than the figures they earn in their initial starts is 100% valid. I know that to be true because I've studied it and have the cash in my back account.

Any pinhead could see that he ran slow in his first two starts. IMO, there's little or no value in the obvious. That's why I got involved in the thread.

The trick is in knowing which of the slower ones is more likely to move forward (especially those with the potential to move forward a lot) and vice versa. This one didn't meet my criteria, but I'm not arrogant enough to think I have a good line on every trainer, owner, pedigree, and horse. I agreed with the OP's contention. So I was open and remain open to seeing what his horse can do going forward. I didn't bet the race and didn't even look at it carefully. I looked at the speed figures to see approximately how much he'd have to move forward to contend.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-29-2021 at 06:12 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2021, 06:57 PM   #73
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
The fractions and final time look like a pace meltdown, but the others weren't good enough to make a dent. Last three furlongs in about 41 seconds?
The final time was slightly slower than the prior race, the filly version ( somehow called a Futurity....don't ask me ). The first two get credit because they set a considerably faster pace....the others have to sit in the corner wearing my dunce cap.
Old 12-29-2021, 11:31 PM   #74
taxicab

Quote:
It's just not what the OP and Classhandicapper said he was.
Classhandicapper never once said Script was the goods.
If anything,he kind of leaned away from Script a bit......he said so more than once.
I like CH's takes.........good for the board don't ya know.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2021, 12:25 AM   #75
senortout

good for the board you can take that to the bank!

Guys and Dolls (great flick) I went thru all seven pages of posts and didn't find one thread pertaining to a horse, a horse trainer, a horse owner, or a jockey or a race fan...went thru the seven pages 1-7 and back down 7-1 before finding this post back on page 1 (wasn't there when I started my search)
All, repeat ALL of the remaining posts were of you guys and dolls back-biting each other in a political manner which I, personally do not care for. Lets take this post as an hopeful glance into the future of PA (you PA are a pottymouth) But I digress.
senortout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: