Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-10-2021, 06:09 PM   #1
Dave Schwartz

Brian Williams (MSNBC) Quits

A WORTHWHILE READ.

Brian Williams Quits TV: America In 2021 Is "Unrecognizable"

Quote:
Longtime NBC News broadcaster Brian Williams issued a strange warning Thursday as he retired from his 11 p.m. MSNBC show.

"The reality is though, I will wake up tomorrow in the America of the year 2021, a nation unrecognizable to those who came before us and fought to protect it, which is what you must do now," Williams said. "They’ve decided to burn it all down with us inside. That should scare you to no end as much as it scares an aging volunteer fireman."
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2021, 06:25 PM   #2
Inner Dirt

I am not so good at reading between the lines, what is he referring to?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2021, 06:32 PM   #3
woodtoo

He has lost faith in the leaders and elite in America.
And I dont blame him. IMO
Old 12-10-2021, 06:52 PM   #4
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Really?

Perhaps Most Post will spin it as he hates Trump, but what I get is that he's saying that America has lost its way. (The inference is that MSNBC is lost as well).
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2021, 06:56 PM   #5
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
He's telling you that Biden and the Dems are hell bent on a kamikaze mission to destroy the country with the treasonous and crime against humanity known as the Clot shot, with selling out/bowing down to China and Russia, the far left agendas on race and crime, and with placating Wall Street/The Fed with their endless printing which will crash what's left of the economy.

Biden will go down in history as having caused the deaths of 10s of millions.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2021, 06:59 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I think he is a middle of the road intellect who got by on his hair and voice.

I wouldn't read much into his final statement. He will probably get attacked by helicopters on his way home

"BRIAN WILLIAMS, NBC NEWS: Well, look at the time. I’ll try to keep this brief. After 28 years of peacock logos on much of what I own, it is my choice now to jump without a net into the great unknown. As I do for the first time in my 62 years, my biggest worry is for my country.

The truth is, I’m not a liberal or a conservative. I’m an institutionalist. I believe in this place. And in my love of my country, I yield to no one.

But the darkness on the edge of town has spread to the main roads and highways and neighborhoods. It is now at the local bar, and the bowling alley, the school board, and the grocery store. And it must be acknowledged and answered for.

Grown men and women who swore an oath to our Constitution, elected by their constituents, possessing the kinds of college degrees I could only dream of, have decided to join the mob and become something they are not while hoping we somehow forget who they were.

They’ve decided to burn it all down with us inside. That should scare you to no end as much as it scares an aging volunteer fireman.

To my coworkers, my love and thanks...

As a proud New Jersey native, this is where I get to say, "regrets, I’ve had a few, but then again, too few to mention."

What a ride it’s been. Where else, how else was a kid like me going to meet presidents and kings and the occasional rock star? These lovely testimonials that I can never truly repay make me hyper-aware that it has been and remains a wonderful life. It’s as if I’m going to wake up tomorrow morning in Bedford Falls.

The reality is though, I will wake up tomorrow in the America of the year 2021, a nation unrecognizable to those who came before us and fought to protect it, which is what you must do now. My colleagues will take it from here.

I will probably find it impossible to be silent and stay away from you and lights and cameras after I experiment with relaxation and find out what I’ve missed and what’s out there.

Every weeknight for decades now, I’ve said some version of the same thing. Thank you for being here with us. Us, meaning the people who produced this broadcast for you. And you, well, without you, there’s no us.

I’ll show myself out. Until we meet again, that is our broadcast for this Thursday night. "
Old 12-10-2021, 07:00 PM   #7
fast4522

Quote:
So sometimes it is not what they say, it can be sometimes what they don't say.
Here I think he has a nice maybe not to remote Piece of land with a home built for sustenance. Someplace to ride it out maybe without the need to keep a schedule, that much time in the business he may want for nothing. Granted I might be all wrong, given the way people are acting plus how many months this virus has left it could prove to be a smart play for more some. Tomorrow he will publish what he is going to do and prove me wrong.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2021, 09:53 PM   #8
TJDave

Pure hyperbole.

Walter Cronkite he’s not.
Old 12-13-2021, 11:24 AM   #9
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Guys that age, in that business rarely "retire" on their own volition. My bet would be that it was a cost-cutting move by MSNBC.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2021, 12:11 PM   #10
Marshall Bennett

Hopefully Nicole Wallace is next...what a hound-dog!!
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2021, 12:25 PM   #11
davew

burn it all down from within - wasn't he referring to the peaceful protests promoted by progressives and groups like BLM?

I wonder if he has finally remembered whose story it was about getting shot at while in a helicopter in a war zone?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply