Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-30-2021, 03:23 AM   #151
cato
Irrationally exuberant

"I sat out last year, for the first time" Kind of a non-answer, as expected.
cato is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 06:07 AM   #152
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Wait, people in racing actually take Andy seriously?

No wonder this industry never fails to disappoint me.
LOL

You had plenty of people high up in the Industry looking in. Could have picked up some advertisers and new members. Instead you took a condescending attitude and did all you could to minimize real concerns of people who had skin in the game. I take it from your non answer that you are not an NTRA member and do not play in their tournaments???? And by the way I just made a lot of people aware of the situation but there were plenty of people in high places who agreed with me and the others involved. They were the ones who got it done.

And here's the other thing PA. If you're coming out for the Breeders' Cup OR if we ever run into one another at the track I would shake your hand and buy you a beer and talk about the horses. You have very little clue who I am. Good luck to you and I hope you get over your bitterness
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 06:13 AM   #153
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
LOL

You had plenty of people high up in the Industry looking in. Could have picked up some advertisers and new members. Instead you took a condescending attitude and did all you could to minimize real concerns of people who had skin in the game. I take it from your non answer that you are not an NTRA member and do not play in their tournaments???? And by the way I just made a lot of people aware of the situation but there were plenty of people in high places who agreed with me and the others involved. They were the ones who got it done.

And here's the other thing PA. If you're coming out for the Breeders' Cup OR if we ever run into one another at the track I would shake your hand and buy you a beer and talk about the horses. You have very little clue who I am. Good luck to you and I hope you get over your bitterness
PA is definitely obdurate if nothing else, I dont blame him though, it runs rampant on this board.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 10:01 AM   #154
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
LOL

Oh my!

Newsflash: There are plenty of people "high up" in the "Industry" looking in DAILY and have been since almost DAY ONE 20+ years ago.

They hardly ever advertised with me 20 years ago, 15 years ago, 10 years ago, 5 years ago, or today. That ship sailed long ago. So I don't actually care anymore. I stopped caring about advertisers about a decade ago. It's all just a labor of love at this point.

I did say this industry never fails to disappoint me, right? I learned that lesson long ago.

Andy, unlike you, my life doesn't revolve around recognition in the horse racing industry. Unlike you, I don't live for how many "higher ups" have read my tweets or took notice of me in some way on any given day.

Oh, and for the RECORD, let's once again show everyone here exactly my "condescending attitude" and how I "did all I could to minimize real concerns":

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA
Then you don't go.

If you can't wear a mask, and they require a mask, you're shit out of luck.

That's the way it is. Sorry.
I call this "tough love." Just telling it like it is.

Your very next reply to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do?

I'm sticking up for a lot of players like myself who have a problem with wearing a mask for hours on end. And the more people like Vic who write in the better.
Now let's see. Where exactly in my reply did I tell you what you can and can't do? I took your concerns into account and told you that you have two options. You either don't go. Or you wear a mask. I explained a very SIMPLE situation to you in the simplest terms possible.

In your constant need to make mountains out of molehills, you couldn't let it just end...and off we went. I understand. The twitter monster needs to be fed a constant diet of controversy to remain relevant in your eyes.

No hard feelings.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:11 AM   #155
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Oh my!

Newsflash: There are plenty of people "high up" in the "Industry" looking in DAILY and have been since almost DAY ONE 20+ years ago.

They hardly ever advertised with me 20 years ago, 15 years ago, 10 years ago, 5 years ago, or today. That ship sailed long ago. So I don't actually care anymore. I stopped caring about advertisers about a decade ago. It's all just a labor of love at this point.

I did say this industry never fails to disappoint me, right? I learned that lesson long ago.

Andy, unlike you, my life doesn't revolve around recognition in the horse racing industry. Unlike you, I don't live for how many "higher ups" have read my tweets or took notice of me in some way on any given day.

Oh, and for the RECORD, let's once again show everyone here exactly my "condescending attitude" and how I "did all I could to minimize real concerns":

I call this "tough love." Just telling it like it is.

Your very next reply to me?

Now let's see. Where exactly in my reply did I tell you what you can and can't do? I took your concerns into account and told you that you have two options. You either don't go. Or you wear a mask. I explained a very SIMPLE situation to you in the simplest terms possible.

In your constant need to make mountains out of molehills, you couldn't let it just end...and off we went. I understand. The twitter monster needs to be fed a constant diet of controversy to remain relevant in your eyes.

No hard feelings.
My life revolves around recognition in the Industry? For over 10 years I've worked to improve the game on my own dime. When anyone asks me to help with a legit issue I do. Sometimes we're successful and sometimes not. I have many friends in the Industry many of which I was at odds with at one time or another. I'm pretty sure I did a good thing in this case and I would have bet anything that you would have been supportive of the effort but to my surprise you weren't and all you have is bitterness. You must be a very insecure person cuz there is nothing in this thread that warrants your vitriol.

Again I hope you overcome your bitterness. Good luck
Old 07-30-2021, 10:22 AM   #156
Andy Asaro

Formally asked for a waiver for my 2 entries to 2022 and got it. Thanked the NTRA for accommodating us
Old 07-30-2021, 10:36 AM   #157
dilanesp

Quote:
Formally asked for a waiver for my 2 entries to 2022 and got it. Thanked the NTRA for accommodating us
Congratulations..Good luck next year.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 10:37 AM   #158
Robert Fischer
clean money

if you ain't trollin' you ain't tryin'
Old 07-30-2021, 10:52 AM   #159
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Congratulations..Good luck next year.
Thanks. And I appreciate your disagreement with me cuz you had a strong opinion and challenged me but never got too personal. And that's what it's all about.

Right on.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:35 AM   #160
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
My life revolves around recognition in the Industry? For over 10 years I've worked to improve the game on my own dime. When anyone asks me to help with a legit issue I do. Sometimes we're successful and sometimes not. I have many friends in the Industry many of which I was at odds with at one time or another. I'm pretty sure I did a good thing in this case and I would have bet anything that you would have been supportive of the effort but to my surprise you weren't and all you have is bitterness. You must be a very insecure person cuz there is nothing in this thread that warrants your vitriol.

Again I hope you overcome your bitterness. Good luck
The vitriol started with you accusing me of trying to "tell you what you can and can't do," when I had done NOTHING of the SORT.

It's all there in black and white for the rational among us to see.

You're the one who got all defensive over nothing.

It's obvious you can't handle even the tiniest amount of differing opinion.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-30-2021 at 11:36 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 11:39 AM   #161
Suff
Beat up 💪

Andy's a change agent.

Added to his twitter.

I'm the guy who got the NTRA to offer an online option for the 2021 NHC.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 01:48 PM   #162
v j stauffer

I also received a letter from Michele Ravencraft. BTW before I expand let me say I think Michele is an unquestioned SUPERSTAR in our industry.

I've worked with her on a number of things as well as playing in a few NHC's. Her class, dedication and professionalism is second to none.

I was told about the waiver option to 2022 as well. She did say there was a meeting with the Las Vegas officials on August 17th to see where everything stands and asked if I'd wait until after that meeting to decide. I agreed.

The LAST thing I want to do is opt out of the Aug. NHC. I'm really looking forward to having Saratoga and Del Mar in the mix for the first time. And much has gone into the planning of our trip.

If I switch to February I'll have to miss three days of work at Oaklawn. While my superiors have always been very gracious in letting me off to compete. I'd prefer to never miss an Oaklawn race day. With only 66 they are precious indeed.

We'll see how it shakes out.

FWIW I've never heard anything about my proxy idea. So I'm assuming that's a non starter. Oh well I still think it's a viable temporary solution.

**** Covid 19!
Old 07-30-2021, 02:15 PM   #163
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
Added to his twitter.

Hat's off to you my friend. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:16 PM   #164
Andy Asaro

Quote:
The vitriol started with you accusing me of trying to "tell you what you can and can't do," when I had done NOTHING of the SORT.

It's all there in black and white for the rational among us to see.

You're the one who got all defensive over nothing.

It's obvious you can't handle even the tiniest amount of differing opinion.
Sorry. 100% on you for any negativity in this thread.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:26 PM   #165
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
Added to his twitter.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: