Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-04-2023, 05:13 PM   #1
IRISHLADSTABLE
Let's Go METS

Talking Saratoga Events 2023

https://www.nyra.com/saratoga/ticket...03852388425728
Old 07-04-2023, 06:36 PM   #2
CheckMark

Some nice giveaways this year

Now if we can get NYRA to have a "Horseplayer Fan Day" with free handicapping info supplied by DRF/BRIS/Timeform US one day (Saratoga Card Free), that might work or be a complete disaster

Sar23_Giveaway_Schedule_1_1200x628.jpeg
Old 07-04-2023, 07:58 PM   #3
Publius

Looks like I will have two jugs and a bucket hat by end of meet.
Publius is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2023, 12:13 PM   #4
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Some nice giveaways this year

Now if we can get NYRA to have a "Horseplayer Fan Day" with free handicapping info supplied by DRF/BRIS/Timeform US one day (Saratoga Card Free), that might work or be a complete disaster

Attachment 33144
That’s actually a very good idea . They already have a fan appreciation deal after the Travers . But Horse Players appreciation with free info for a day would be nice . The beauty of being a horse player at Saratoga is that so many people there are not . You routinely get overbet favorites and over lays because most of these people are on vacation. They are buying the Pink Sheet and various tip sheets or listening to the “experts”. There’s usually value a plenty with the exception of the really big days . Those can be chalk fests sometimes. And there are streaks where it gets chalky . But Actual horseplayers have a distinct advantage at this place . If they could convert a few people to step up from casual to really learning . It may be a good thing.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2023, 01:45 PM   #5
ScottJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
That’s actually a very good idea . They already have a fan appreciation deal after the Travers . But Horse Players appreciation with free info for a day would be nice . The beauty of being a horse player at Saratoga is that so many people there are not . You routinely get overbet favorites and over lays because most of these people are on vacation. They are buying the Pink Sheet and various tip sheets or listening to the “experts”. There’s usually value a plenty with the exception of the really big days . Those can be chalk fests sometimes. And there are streaks where it gets chalky . But Actual horseplayers have a distinct advantage at this place . If they could convert a few people to step up from casual to really learning . It may be a good thing.
If it is true that year-round horseplayers have an advantage at Saratoga, one should not want a "free program" which is of fixed value, but a useful wagering incentive (perhaps tied to being a member of NYRA Bets) that extends my bankroll power.

Here's an example: NYRA Bets had a great incentive on Tuesday, July 4th where the first $10 win bet in each and every race was rebated if your horse ran second or third. In essence, it was me against the non-CAW late money pool. My bankroll was effectively extended by getting me to focus on win bets in addition to horizontals or verticals - and rebating me for good choices that just didn't make the top. (Now, if business continues to expand as it did from 2020->2021 and 2021->2022 maybe such an incentive can reappear for Saratoga.)

Hit-and-splits are also great incentives but those are typically focused on Pick-4s, Pick-5s, or such wagers. Starting this upcoming week, there will be a Hit-and-Split with NYRA Bets covering the last race trifecta at Saratoga with the first trifecta at another track for a $7500 pot, but I want to focus my energy on Saratoga which is hard enough.

Which gets to the "least interesting" horseplayer appreciation incentive in my mind: "bet $X+ at these two/three tracks and we will rebate you $Y". When it comes to Saratoga, I will never be able to leverage those incentives as all of my energy is tied to Saratoga.
ScottJ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2023, 04:56 PM   #6
JBmadera

Had to go away for a long time. If everything goes right I’ll be able go for about 3 days. Worst case I’ll get to enjoy the meet on tv, plus online.

What fantastic time to be able to get back in the saddle.
JBmadera is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2023, 07:14 PM   #7
Publius

NYRA have pp's available for free download every race day they are on Fox.

https://www.equibase.com/content/Cus...Broadcast.html
Publius is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2023, 08:44 AM   #8
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
If it is true that year-round horseplayers have an advantage at Saratoga, one should not want a "free program" which is of fixed value, but a useful wagering incentive (perhaps tied to being a member of NYRA Bets) that extends my bankroll power.

Here's an example: NYRA Bets had a great incentive on Tuesday, July 4th where the first $10 win bet in each and every race was rebated if your horse ran second or third. In essence, it was me against the non-CAW late money pool. My bankroll was effectively extended by getting me to focus on win bets in addition to horizontals or verticals - and rebating me for good choices that just didn't make the top. (Now, if business continues to expand as it did from 2020->2021 and 2021->2022 maybe such an incentive can reappear for Saratoga.)

Hit-and-splits are also great incentives but those are typically focused on Pick-4s, Pick-5s, or such wagers. Starting this upcoming week, there will be a Hit-and-Split with NYRA Bets covering the last race trifecta at Saratoga with the first trifecta at another track for a $7500 pot, but I want to focus my energy on Saratoga which is hard enough.

Which gets to the "least interesting" horseplayer appreciation incentive in my mind: "bet $X+ at these two/three tracks and we will rebate you $Y". When it comes to Saratoga, I will never be able to leverage those incentives as all of my energy is tied to Saratoga.
No , for the year round horseplayer it’s just a nice gesture . I’m thinking about trying to expand to more real horseplayers . I’m there at least 30 days of the meet . That’s a conservative estimate. There’s plenty of hardcore players . But there’s an abundance of what I call the “vacationer”. That’s who should be targeted by NYRA. And they do have people out there teaching . It would be a good day to expand on that . If you don’t see an advantage over some of these people ..,,,, you’re not any good .

Last edited by burnsy; 07-12-2023 at 08:48 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2023, 12:04 PM   #9
The Arbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHLADSTABLE View Post

Travers Day not listed?
The Arbiter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply