Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: What is the most irritating behavior DURING A RACE?
Finger Snapping 16 27.12%
Smooching 10 16.95%
Whipping ones self with folded DRF 9 15.25%
"Just one Time" 5 8.47%
Yelling and Cussing 25 42.37%
Other 7 11.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. This poll is closed

Old 07-22-2017, 07:26 AM   #61
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sour grapes View Post
what about all the pro horseplayers on this site always complaining about bad rides?How do they overcome that and the take is beyond explanation.
I'm guilty of the bad ride stuff every day. In some other countries they pull jockeys into the stewards room for strange rides that are contrary to the horses best running style. I'd like to see some of that.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2017, 09:33 AM   #62
timtam

Heres one more annoyance at the OTB is when the guys call the jockeys

KID. Come on keep em straight kid , Change leads Kid, Move to the outside

Kid. Imagine calling Tony Black or Calvin Borel Kid ? Who do they think they are

Babe Ruth he called everybody Kid but he was Babe Ruth.
timtam is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2017, 11:22 AM   #63
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I may say something during the race when I am at a track or an OTB...but I find it ridiculous to talk to myself when I am alone and betting from home. And now that I've gotten used to betting quietly from home...I doubt that I will ever make a sound during a race at the OTB.
I am the exact opposite, quiet and still at the track and OTB and jumping all over the place and yelling if I am home alone. Fortunately the nearest neighbors are over 1/4 mile away.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #64
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
I'm guilty of the bad ride stuff every day. In some other countries they pull jockeys into the stewards room for strange rides that are contrary to the horses best running style. I'd like to see some of that.
A big weakness of mine as a commentator is showing contempt when my pick gets a bad ride. I try to be objective and DO draw atn to lousy rides on other horses, but jocks who perform poorly on MY selections almost never escape critique.

And that's just wrong.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2017, 01:40 PM   #65
jahura2

Quote:
The smooching drives me nuts.

You can choose two or more behaviors.
Been going to the track for close to 50 yrs. A lot of people I know are aware of this and some want to accompany me on a day to Keeneland , Churchill or Turfway. I attend with a random mix of seasoned players and newbies. I usually play Pik 3,s 4.s and exactas. I never have any problem telling people who I like and what other horses interest me. To make a long story short what I hate is when I hit a nice ticket maybe on 30 or 40.00 worth of combinations and my accomplices complain to me "why didnt you tell me I could have hit it too." Well I am not going to detail each and every exact combination I play, I will share my selections but the rest is up to you to make a winning bet. Of course on the flip side when I am wrong about a race, of course I am the one to get blamed for a buddy losing money.
jahura2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #66
maliksealy210

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGarMan View Post

Further, I score a sliding scale of allowable celebration on calling home winners.

You should urge home a 2/1 favorite at Penn National with a simple smile....

However, if you are on a 18/1 that is in lockstep with the chalk coming to the wire, feel free to slap on that DRF all you want!
At Living Rooms Downs we have a rule - I can only yell a horse home if we stand to make $150 or more on the outcome... So in this case a 2/1 favorite at the end of a horizontal wager is ok - but essentially I can only do it when I call home a live longshot.
maliksealy210 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2017, 09:02 PM   #67
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah View Post
you mean THIS guy?
Did you notice the jinx had what looked like the orange sheet - Clocker Lawton - in his pocket?
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2017, 10:12 PM   #68
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
"Come on 1-6...come on 1-6"...the moron screams as the horses near the wire. The race ends up 3-4...and he turns to his friend and says..."I still got it, but not for as much as I had the 1-6".
You have never been live to multiple horses in the pick 3,4,6 and rooted for the higher payer and a lower payer one?

Last edited by Afleet; 07-22-2017 at 10:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2017, 09:30 PM   #69
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
You have never been live to multiple horses in the pick 3,4,6 and rooted for the higher payer and a lower payer one?
He calls out exacta combinations...not pick-3 picks.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:05 AM   #70
Gamblor

Smooching???
Gamblor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2018, 10:59 AM   #71
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2018, 11:44 AM   #72
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
A big weakness of mine as a commentator is showing contempt when my pick gets a bad ride. I try to be objective and DO draw atn to lousy rides on other horses, but jocks who perform poorly on MY selections almost never escape critique.

And that's just wrong.
No, keep up the critique. Nothing wrong with calling what you consider a spade a spade. Part of the reason I will listen to you. A speed horse that is "rated", call them out. Going 6 wide when it was not needed, call them on it. I know during a race it is hard for the jock to see what the tv shows, but if they can't take being called on something, then get a job that is not in the public eye.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2018, 12:17 PM   #73
ultracapper

Quote:
Haven't we seen this in this forum somewhere before? Did Schrupp get it from someone that we've already heard from here? Did he get it sent to him and then just tweeted it under his name, like he found it himself? Seems I've seen this one before months ago, and it must have been here.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2018, 12:36 PM   #74
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahura2 View Post
Been going to the track for close to 50 yrs. A lot of people I know are aware of this and some want to accompany me on a day to Keeneland , Churchill or Turfway. I attend with a random mix of seasoned players and newbies. I usually play Pik 3,s 4.s and exactas. I never have any problem telling people who I like and what other horses interest me. To make a long story short what I hate is when I hit a nice ticket maybe on 30 or 40.00 worth of combinations and my accomplices complain to me "why didnt you tell me I could have hit it too." Well I am not going to detail each and every exact combination I play, I will share my selections but the rest is up to you to make a winning bet. Of course on the flip side when I am wrong about a race, of course I am the one to get blamed for a buddy losing money.
Friends and family are always asking me, "Do you like anything today?"

In this situation, you are truly only as good as your last tout.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2018, 12:41 PM   #75
Maumeeriverangler

That is a funny video. Thanks.

Last edited by Maumeeriverangler; 02-25-2018 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Forgot to say what was funny
Maumeeriverangler is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: