Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: What is the most irritating behavior DURING A RACE?
Finger Snapping 16 27.12%
Smooching 10 16.95%
Whipping ones self with folded DRF 9 15.25%
"Just one Time" 5 8.47%
Yelling and Cussing 25 42.37%
Other 7 11.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. This poll is closed

Old 07-21-2017, 11:21 AM   #46
Robert Fischer
clean money

voted yelling cussing , but this is the Track

The yelling and cussing can be good or bad.

sharp, witty, infrequent =

pathetic, abusive, constant =

some of the other types, and stories in this thread are great.

Jockey Instructions? say it ain't so Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
2nd race yesterday at Del Mar. Apprentice Laura Werner (who I like) had the lead and had a shot to win. Had the lead and should have gone LEFT HANDED to come out a little. I was yelling "go left handed" over and over. What does she do? She goes right handed. I even yelled it on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/st...50628483997701
Old 07-21-2017, 04:57 PM   #47
FlintAtTheFetlock

I also hate sore losers who pound the table. I know one guy who pounds the table a yells the "C" word. Good God. Get your life under control will you..

I've been known to say the following and people seem to laugh, but I'm sure exceptions.

"Come on Javier get this filthy pig home"

chasing the bone, flies at the nostrils plunder
- IA @1978
FlintAtTheFetlock is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 06:44 PM   #48
CincyHorseplayer

Most of the time I'm pretty calm with a wistful look in the eye when I have a winner! Like Andy I will blurt out something for the jock to do or tell the horse "You got plenty in the tank". But I'm not immune from some extended "Gog, go go go" or "C'mon baby" or "Got this MF'er"! After all this is the best possible winning event in the entire world=a stretch run. If you can't get your Irish up for watching you and your horse win I almost hate you as much as some of these repetitive jerks screaming break a leg!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 07:07 PM   #49
djm1959

haha this is one of my favorite posts ever...i did crap like that when i was teenager or early 20s,, usually wasted at the track,, now im older and i figure ill lose when i bet,, i win i smile thats about it,ive seen all these things at the track or simulcast even last week at pocono downs ....i laugh at least when a 1-5 loses and some guy starts crying,,i only bet longshots so even if i hit 1 out of 15 i am usually even or ahead,if i like the favorite i watch the race there is : like 200 on a saturday to bet these days with a phone app or two
djm1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 07:29 PM   #50
thaskalos

The influence of crowds...

I may say something during the race when I am at a track or an OTB...but I find it ridiculous to talk to myself when I am alone and betting from home. And now that I've gotten used to betting quietly from home...I doubt that I will ever make a sound during a race at the OTB.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:49 PM   #51
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I may say something during the race when I am at a track or an OTB...but I find it ridiculous to talk to myself when I am alone and betting from home. And now that I've gotten used to betting quietly from home...I doubt that I will ever make a sound during a race at the OTB.
One difference between me at home or at the track is a baseball! At home I always have a baseball in hand when I watch a race. That thing is comin with me next Saturday!
Old 07-21-2017, 10:02 PM   #52
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Man, that is pretty harsh. Nobody could annoy me such that an incident like that would make me happy, and I'm guessing it didn't you either.

Dude. Lighten up. Really. And don't overestimate my sense of compassion.

Or assume my post told the complete story.

Last edited by mountainman; 07-21-2017 at 10:11 PM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 11:12 PM   #53
thespaah

I used to be a program slapper. Since I joined this board, I don;t dare do that anymore. I'm afraid one of you guys might see me....LOL\
Now that I look at the comments on this, I get it. It is kind of douchy.
My number one action that I find most irritating,........"STOP THE RACE!!!!!!"
Next..Guy screaming numbers, ...When they hit the wire , digs into his pocket to pull out tickets, fumbling through them to see if he actually hit any of his bets.
Next....The excuse maker who has to tell anyone within earshot why he "really liked the winner" , but threw out that horse.
Last one....Guy in a group of friends that yells YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH...Cuz he hit the race meanwhile his buddies all have glum faces...IMO this is rubbing it in,,
I stand down from the soap box
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 11:16 PM   #54
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
There is always a guy at the track I call the jinx rooter. If he starts yelling for a horse and it is the same horse you bet on, you can tear up your tickets before they cross the finish line.
you mean THIS guy?
Old 07-21-2017, 11:25 PM   #55
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
There was some guy at mnr who specialized in big win bets on 1/5 locks. A rude, dismissive moron who would dash around the grandstand after a winner screaming "I'm so happy for me... SOOOO happy for me,,so happy for ME."

He owned a bakery and , believe it or not (you can't make this stuff up), ended up falling into a huge oven and getting crisped.

When I heard about it, I was happy for me.
Now that was funny!
Old 07-21-2017, 11:30 PM   #56
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz View Post
I'm curious as to what each of you guys yells during the race?
Nothing.. I just watch and no matter the outcome, I don't really have a reaction,
I pissed off my buddies by doing this.,..I made a nice catch. Made a "tidy"profit.
Told those guys, "Ill be right back"...
One of them saw the grin and asked If I hit it....I just kind of smiled and said "yep" ......They were like "you're an a- hole...How could anyone hit a bet like that and act like nothing happened?".....
I didn't have an answer to that
Old 07-21-2017, 11:53 PM   #57
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Several years ago CJ's Dad and I attended a day at Belmont.

There were several PA types and we sat with them and some other guys who came up from Baltimore. There are pictures here somewhere.

There was a guy in the group who kept telling everyone how much he hated people who scream during the race. After about 3 races he told us he was going crazy that people around us were driving him crazy.

So CJ's dad and I hit the head between races. He comes up with a plan. He talks me into screaming for our horses every race. We start taking turns during the race. Doing basically everything listed in this thread. The guy who was complaining is going nuts. He is getting so pissed. CJ's Dad is laughing so hard he's about to piss himself. After doing this about four races I bet this big frontrunner and it's playing to speed like crazy. It's my turn to be the idiot. The gate opens and 12 steps out of the gate he's up by 10L and I scream "it's over, I got him and he's 9-1" or something like that. I'm old....I don't remember exactly. But the guy in our group stands up, screams "Jesus Christ!" And storms up the grandstand and walks into the crowd. He didn't come back until the day was over and never said another word to us......... he even stopped posting on this forum.

We laughed for days about it........so you guys who were there....you probably thought we were idiots. Maybe we were.....
Old 07-21-2017, 11:57 PM   #58
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Several years ago CJ's Dad and I attended a day at Belmont.

There were several PA types and we sat with them and some other guys who came up from Baltimore. There are pictures here somewhere.

There was a guy in the group who kept telling everyone how much he hated people who scream during the race. After about 3 races he told us he was going crazy that people around us were driving him crazy.

So CJ's dad and I hit the head between races. He comes up with a plan. He talks me into screaming for our horses every race. We start taking turns during the race. Doing basically everything listed in this thread. The guy who was complaining is going nuts. He is getting so pissed. CJ's Dad is laughing so hard he's about to piss himself. After doing this about four races I bet this big frontrunner and it's playing to speed like crazy. It's my turn to be the idiot. The gate opens and 12 steps out of the gate he's up by 10L and I scream "it's over, I got him and he's 9-1" or something like that. I'm old....I don't remember exactly. But the guy in our group stands up, screams "Jesus Christ!" And storms up the grandstand and walks into the crowd. He didn't come back until the day was over and never said another word to us......... he even stopped posting on this forum.

We laughed for days about it........so you guys who were there....you probably thought we were idiots. Maybe we were.....
That is great dude! So funny! I wish I would have been there for that spectacle!
Old 07-22-2017, 07:18 AM   #59
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintAtTheFetlock View Post
I also hate sore losers who pound the table. I know one guy who pounds the table a yells the "C" word. Good God. Get your life under control will you..

I've been known to say the following and people seem to laugh, but I'm sure exceptions.

"Come on Javier get this filthy pig home"
I do this alot. I am try to keep it G rated if there are kids around. It seems that as I am getting older the f bomb becomes part of my daily vocabulary. I blame it on growing up in NJ.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2017, 07:21 AM   #60
sour grapes
Veteran

what about all the pro horseplayers on this site always complaining about bad rides?How do they overcome that and the take is beyond explanation.
sour grapes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: