Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:56 PM   #76
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
First of all, the number of Twitter followers you have, considering you're allegedly an industry leader and all the influence you claim to have, IS a joke. You act like 3000 followers is a lot. On Twitter, 3 million is a lot. You're a tiny joke. How about the number who actually comment on your tweets? That's why you're so desperately trying to get over on here. And failing.

Second, TLG at least gave me a laugh by having me look up "my" twitter account, which is apparently some sort of Spanish mercenary. That's one more laugh than you've ever intentionally given me.

Edited to add: Andy Asaro bragging about his 11 clicks...sounds like someone with click envy.
Again with Twitter. Yes, Kylie Jenner has millions of followers. How many followers do you have? If you're not on there then get on there and show me how it's done.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2018, 02:00 PM   #77
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
This is your MO Andy. I respect that you are passionate, and that's admirable, but just as you lied for years about me supposedly saying I was for higher takeout ( something I never have said and never will say...or believe ) you are now making things up again.

I'm having fun. That's all. You quoted a Twitter account that has been inactive for eight years that clearly has no relation to that poster other than a somewhat common name. It's funny. That's it.

Attack away. Have fun.
My MO? Takeout? Funny? Please. You constantly bashed those of us who were fighting for lower takeout until the last few years. That's a fact and that's funny that you're once again misstating facts. You chose to take the shot Andy. It can end here or you can misstate other facts.

I'm pretty sure Jeff Platt, Dean Towers, and Charlie Davis would back me up on your opinion of lower takeout back then.

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-15-2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:54 PM   #78
hyipro

1939 KY DERBY IN COLOR JUST FOUND

https://www.horseracingnation.com/bl..._in_color_123#
hyipro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 12:32 AM   #79
turfnsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophatmert View Post
I'm gonna tweet over a nice fruit basket to Andy. Howabout a fax ,can I fax over a congratulatory mango?
Sorry Andy but this is the funniest post I have ever read here.
turfnsport is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 12:34 AM   #80
turfnsport

Wait sorry.

turfnsport is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 01:33 AM   #81
Fager Fan
Veteran

I've complained about posting tweets over here too, but damn, guys, this thread is ugly in its bullying.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 07:59 AM   #82
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
I've complained about posting tweets over here too, but damn, guys, this thread is ugly in its bullying.
Sorry if you got triggered by people challenging Asaro. Have you actually read any of his posts? This thread you're on right now is him claiming horses are being abused---looks like he was wrong, based on what people posted in the thread, but that's a serious accusation. Note that Asaro made those accusations, not me or Thask or TLG or anyone else. There's another thread of Asaro's where he claims he's been in a decade-long battle against the entire Baffert family because of his very ugly claims about Baffert, which I won't repeat. I have no idea if Asaro's accusations are valid. but he's slinging some serious mud. So who's the bully again? Asaro is used to playing with the big boys and accusing them of horrible things, so I'm sure he can deal.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 10:20 AM   #83
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Sorry if you got triggered by people challenging Asaro. Have you actually read any of his posts? This thread you're on right now is him claiming horses are being abused---looks like he was wrong, based on what people posted in the thread, but that's a serious accusation. Note that Asaro made those accusations, not me or Thask or TLG or anyone else. There's another thread of Asaro's where he claims he's been in a decade-long battle against the entire Baffert family because of his very ugly claims about Baffert, which I won't repeat. I have no idea if Asaro's accusations are valid. but he's slinging some serious mud. So who's the bully again? Asaro is used to playing with the big boys and accusing them of horrible things, so I'm sure he can deal.
Of course I can fade the heat. Especially from a serial smear merchant who has apparently become a Baffert groupie.

So, l know you know the facts but just as in our country right now you have no qualms about misleading people with half truths, personal smears, and outright lies. The big difference between you and me is that I correct my errors and apologize when necessary as I did in this thread.

I'll repeat this for the benefit of those reading thread.

BB is an executive board member of the TOC. He was all for higher takeout and against any takeout reductions. That goes back to 2010 and the boycott. The boycott was heated as you know you remember. So if you're a gambler you should know the effects of high takeout.

In 2012 I was asked to help get 72 hour surveillance for the Santa Anita Derby. Behind the scenes he was against it. He even called John Mabee and asked him to fire his farm Manager who was lobbying for it. And that was another battle. If you're for clean racing then you should support 72 hour surveillance.

I believe it was 2013 when the sudden death were occurring. 7 or 8 sudden deaths all of the same heart related issue. The Trainer ultimate insurer rule was tossed out the window and the investigation was a sham. But that's what happens when the CHRB Leadership were Baffert groupies just like you. The CHRB Chairman at the time Sat with Baffert throughout the investigation. So if you care about the welfare of race horses you should be concerned about this episode.

Additionally during this time his wife posted fake twitter accounts to attack many of us on twitter. She even called an employer of one of the people who was speaking out against the sudden deaths to try to get him fired. So, most people would be against fake twitter accounts for propaganda purposes unless of course you're a Baffert groupie.

And I guess as someone who hides his identity while attacking someone who doesn't, this fits fits you well.

So, yes I can easily withstand your smears by telling the truth but why should I have to keep correcting the record when you repeat the same smears every other week? Maybe we should have a rule on the board that if someone like you who likes to remain anonymous yet has no problem smearing me or anyone else with the same old stuff should have to show his real identity. Could you handle that? If so why not do it now?

As I've said before I screwed up not by starting the rumor but by running with it. I showed both sides of it and ultimately got the final word from the CHRB medical director and apologized and admitted my BIG mistake. When are you gonna do the same?

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-16-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:44 AM   #84
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Baffert groupie?

Now you're swinging more wildly than a guy in a 3am bar fight.

Might want to just let this thread die rather than dig your hole even deeper.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #85
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Baffert groupie?

Now you're swinging more wildly than a guy in a 3am bar fight.

Might want to just let this thread die rather than dig your hole even deeper.
I gotta say your response is very surprising to me. Of course I would like the thread to go away but it was my mistake so I can deal with it. What I shouldn't have to deal with is the same people doing the same drive by's no matter what thread it is.

And there's nothing wild about my post. I laid out the facts and my problems with Baffert over the years ONCE AGAIN because another poster brought it up.

How is that you find no fault with the personal attacks initiated by the other posters yet find fault with my responses to them?

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-16-2018 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:50 AM   #86
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'm surprised you're so quick to label someone a "Baffert groupie" without much if any evidence.

BTW, what's the opposite of a "Baffert groupie?"

(And the answer "Andy Asaro" doesn't count)
Old 11-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #87
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I'm surprised you're so quick to label someone a "Baffert groupie" without much if any evidence.

BTW, what's the opposite of a "Baffert groupie?"

(And the answer "Andy Asaro" doesn't count)
Yet, you miss all the false labels and smears on me.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:32 PM   #88
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
I gotta say your response is very surprising to me. Of course I would like the thread to go away but it was my mistake so I can deal with it. What I shouldn't have to deal with is the same people doing the same drive by's no matter what thread it is.

And there's nothing wild about my post. I laid out the facts and my problems with Baffert over the years ONCE AGAIN because another poster brought it up.

How is that you find no fault with the personal attacks initiated by the other posters yet find fault with my responses to them?
How is saying you've had a decade-long war with Baffert a personal attack when they're your words? Then you laid the war out in your post, so to you it actually is a war...but it's a personal attack if I say it?

You're always talking about clicks---well, you're dying for attention and we're giving it to you. That was probably a mistake though at least watching you flail around and brag about your power in CA is always funny.

I will say one thing. Though I don't think anyone in this thread said anything they didn't believe, the only reason to point out your constant self-promotion is that it triggers you into a rant. You're easy, but it's like a cat against a brain-damaged bird with no wings. Gets boring fast.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 04:38 PM   #89
Andy Asaro

Quote:
How is saying you've had a decade-long war with Baffert a personal attack when they're your words? Then you laid the war out in your post, so to you it actually is a war...but it's a personal attack if I say it?

You're always talking about clicks---well, you're dying for attention and we're giving it to you. That was probably a mistake though at least watching you flail around and brag about your power in CA is always funny.

I will say one thing. Though I don't think anyone in this thread said anything they didn't believe, the only reason to point out your constant self-promotion is that it triggers you into a rant. You're easy, but it's like a cat against a brain-damaged bird with no wings. Gets boring fast.

What makes you think your posts and the others who "don't like me" stops me from anything?

I'm sorry I traumatize you. Try ignoring me if you can.

And I'm amazed you get away with the constant personal shots.

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-16-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:25 PM   #90
SaratogaSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The less we know about you, the better...IMO. When you were Andymays, you were moderately appealing here...because you kept a rather low profile. But your twitter-follower count obviously went to your head, and you flooded our board here with your tweets...hoping to impress us with your knowledge and intellect.

Self-promotion doesn't work well when the promoter has little to impress others with.
well said.
SaratogaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: