Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-16-2017, 05:47 PM   #91
menifee

Chublicious "trained" by Claudio Gonzalez wins the feature sprint at Laurel at 10-1. Beats the 51 percent Kevin Patterson trained Blu Moon Ace at the wire in a 4 horse race. Never has one race summarized American's racing issues so succinctly. What a sport!

Last edited by menifee; 09-16-2017 at 05:50 PM.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2017, 08:14 AM   #92
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
They aren't working together. They are acting separately, just two jurisdictions happened to act sort of the same way. New York appears to be welcoming him with open arms, and New Jersey isn't suspending him. The stewards only recommended the commission up the fine.
I just view it differently. Indiana Grand would not let him run until the NJ situation is cleared up. Laurel did not either, despite the horse entering and running under another trainer. 1 of the 3 stewards in NY are trying to move in that direction as well. My point is that other jurisdictions are making a stand despite no suspension from NJ, just the fine. I think that is a good move.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2017, 08:57 AM   #93
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Nothing to see here folks. Move along. His win% is 38 since 2010. He's just really good at placing his stock where they belong. A true master. You couldn't have said it any better.
Found a new supplier of hay in 2010?
Old 09-18-2017, 10:09 AM   #94
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe View Post
I just view it differently. Indiana Grand would not let him run until the NJ situation is cleared up. Laurel did not either, despite the horse entering and running under another trainer. 1 of the 3 stewards in NY are trying to move in that direction as well. My point is that other jurisdictions are making a stand despite no suspension from NJ, just the fine. I think that is a good move.
Look at it any way you wish but right now the sign on the front door says you are not welcome here!
Old 09-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #95
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
Hi all. My view is he has to go. I am a public accountant. I feel what Navarro did is the equivalent of me saying on video that I lied when completing their tax returns. My Firm would fire me in a heartbeat. Same here- MP needs to "fire" Navarro.

Joe I get and appreciate your due process point, and it needs to occur here. There are plenty of examples where people have been convicted by the media or worse yet structurally not been afforded proper due process (e.g.- campus sexual abuse cases). He needs to appear before the NJRC and there needs to be a proper ruling that would then affect Navarro's ability to get licensed Forget all the noise and innuendo. He's been found guilty and suspended already, and then "admits" to continuing to cheat. On that basis, he has to go, just like I would have to go because he has compromised the integrity of the product.
Navarro is not an employee of a firm, but independent businessman. Do you not think there are any public accountants that have ethics or morals that you consider questionable and would get them fired from your firm?

I see lawsuits in the future ....
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 03:26 PM   #96
AltonKelsey
Veteran

I noticed there was actually some imbecile on another board that claimed it wasn't Navarro in the vid.

Takes all kinds
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 03:57 PM   #97
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Navarro is not an employee of a firm, but independent businessman. Do you not think there are any public accountants that have ethics or morals that you consider questionable and would get them fired from your firm?

Similar to the one Charles Oakley is doing against James Dolan? By the time the lawsuit is heard the horses under Navarros care will be with other trainers. Just look at Guerrero.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:44 PM   #98
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Parx is just fine with Jorge apparently, has a runner in the PA Derby Saturday.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 06:04 AM   #99
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

My views of ethics or morals aren't relevant, but our professional standards are. With that clarification, no I do not think that there are public accountants out there that have not violated our professions professional standards. Some have been caught and been discussed in the mainstream press. Others in the bowels of rulings on professional conduct.

I thought this was a good piece on the topic:

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/147225-2/
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 08:10 AM   #100
Fager Fan
Veteran

I know of instances at 2 different tracks where the trainer and owner told the racing sec they won't race if Navarro's entries do. This is exactly what the owners and trainers of horses entered in the PA Derby should do. This is what they need to continue to do against not just Navarro but others that they have good belief would constitute an unfair playing field.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 10:37 AM   #101
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
I know of instances at 2 different tracks where the trainer and owner told the racing sec they won't race if Navarro's entries do. This is exactly what the owners and trainers of horses entered in the PA Derby should do. This is what they need to continue to do against not just Navarro but others that they have good belief would constitute an unfair playing field.
What tracks did this occur at?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 10:40 AM   #102
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
What tracks did this occur at?
I remember something like this happening at Delaware not too long after slots arrived. The current group didn't like sharing the slots welfare. My memory isn't great, might have been Michael Gill.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 11:42 AM   #103
linrom1
Veteran

Unfortunately there are many vocal well known industry insiders who support Navarro.

For example, Jonathon Kinchen who is called 'people champion' by DRF Peter Fornatale is basically insinuating that racism is playing a role in Navarro scandal, because if he was white, this matter would be treated differently?

He said this during DRF Players podcast

And then you have a public handicapper like Nick Tammaro who said this on twitter: "Whether you like Navarro or not, and I don't know him one bit, you can't refuse his entries for being caught on video with a loudmouth owner."

I guess the fact that Navarro said that they f_ _k everybody, does not mean anything.

I am hoping that Gulfstream does the right thing! NYRA now as a private entity is hopeless. The only thing that they'll care about will be managers bonuses and salaries.
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 12:28 PM   #104
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrom1 View Post
For example, Jonathon Kinchen who is called 'people champion' by DRF Peter Fornatale is basically insinuating that racism is playing a role in Navarro scandal, because if he was white, this matter would be treated differently?
I wouldn't call it racism.
However, he definitely has faced some friction from being outside of the established or the clique.

Has only himself to blame for not finding an established 'class act' to be the face of his operation.
Has only himself to blame for not slowly, gradually, boiling the frog alive.

That said, he's doing well for himself regardless. I haven't given a care about this story's recent details, but it wouldn't surprise me if he weathers the storm and continues to run a profitable, enjoyable enterprise.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 09-19-2017 at 12:31 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 01:52 PM   #105
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrom1 View Post
Unfortunately there are many vocal well known industry insiders who support Navarro.

He said this during DRF Players podcast

And then you have a public handicapper like Nick Tammaro who said this on twitter: "Whether you like Navarro or not, and I don't know him one bit, you can't refuse his entries for being caught on video with a loudmouth owner."

I guess the fact that Navarro said that they f_ _k everybody, does not mean anything.

I am hoping that Gulfstream does the right thing! NYRA now as a private entity is hopeless. The only thing that they'll care about will be managers bonuses and salaries.
I don't think either guy supports Navarro. I'll let Nick speak for himself if he decides to but I actually agree with him.

Navarro is terrible for the game. But a video of him joking with an owner (about a horse that he didn't even train) when they both knew they were being taped has led tracks to deny him entries.

Seems pretty unfair to me.

Again, the quicker Navarro is gone, the better the game will be IMO, but I don't think he did anything wrong on that tape besides being an obnoxious douchebag.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: