Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 07-07-2017, 01:11 AM   #16
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
a delineation of what are called "overlays", there are "price horses", especially in large fields that are overlays, but i wouldn't bet them if they are at 20-1 and my estimation is 10-1, which translates that if the race was run 11 times, i would cash one ticket and have 10 losing tickets. no thank you. that is not a "value" bet. a overlay that is a value bet as opposed to a overlay that is a price horse, is a very important delineation.
20-1 and above horses are how you make big scores in this game, in any pool. If you have the ability to make good lines, and can get down on a 100% edge, it doesn't get any better than that in ANY game.....That's how $2 bettors turn in to $200 bettors, plus rebates.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 01:33 AM   #17
acorn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
20-1 and above horses are how you make big scores in this game, in any pool. If you have the ability to make good lines, and can get down on a 100% edge, it doesn't get any better than that in ANY game.....That's how $2 bettors turn in to $200 bettors, plus rebates.
sounds good. the most accurate odds line i have ever seen is the software program black magic. unfortunately the problem is that there is more than one overlay in a race, finding a race with only one easily detectable overlay above 15-1 or therabouts is rarer than finding a hen's tooth. i agree with you that bombs really accelerate the growth of a bankroll, i salute you on your discipline in waiting out those easily detectable lone overlays and the long run-outs.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 10:40 AM   #18
DeltaLover

Quote:
sounds good. the most accurate odds line i have ever seen is the software program black magic. unfortunately the problem is that there is more than one overlay in a race, finding a race with only one easily detectable overlay above 15-1 or therabouts is rarer than finding a hen's tooth. i agree with you that bombs really accelerate the growth of a bankroll, i salute you on your discipline in waiting out those easily detectable lone overlays and the long run-outs.
How do you measure the accuracy of odds lines?
Old 07-07-2017, 11:14 AM   #19
acorn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaLover View Post
How do you measure the accuracy of odds lines?
a few ways depending on the software. some software you can keep records of the strike rate of the programs odds line in relation to the post time prob. that's it simply put.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:20 PM   #20
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut View Post
At first Glance "Stats Race Lens" looks interesting but from what I can
see from yesterdays 4 horse free race from Finger Lakes, not very predictive. As with most software out there, it seems to lean towards the favorite.
I also noticed that the final live odds were not included in the results model for that Finger Lakes 7th race on 07-04-17.

The flexibility, presentation and user interaction of the tools offered for me, were less then adequate. I favor something a little bit more thought provoking where I can derive the "value" horse". To me, and as far as I was able to see, this was not much of an option.
Actually, I've seen some the options that Stats Race Lens presently offers in other software service products. These options being offered by "Stats Race Lens",collectively and individually, were not appealing to me. In my opinion,they seem to be a re-make and poor representation of features currently being offered by "Time Form and BetMix".

I guess the best way for anyone who has interest in any product is to make a judgement for themselves.
Different strokes for different folks.
That's just the "True Odds" module, which uses Stats algorithms.

My takeaway from what the OP was asking was a way to do queries on a database in a variety of ways without spending a lot of money and that's what the "Angles" and "Research" modules accomplish.

The Research modules and the tools therein are accessible (but without full functionality) via the "Race of the Day" by clicking on PPs then any trainer name. The Angles module is only available to subscribers.

However, the videos describing them (Narrated by Tom Durkin) are all available within the product on the Free Race of the Day via the ? icon and they provide an overview of what's available.

The webinars also contain a lot of demonstrations for those purposes.

I don't want to anger the moderators because I am just addressing the OP's question and one response that followed and do not want to sound like I'm promoting the product, so I'll just end with saying the videos are also available via bringingclaritytohandicapping.com via the online education link on the top navigation bar.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2017, 02:39 AM   #21
chaz63

HSH.....most or all the professional horseplayers use that one.....well, the winning ones anyway

Last edited by chaz63; 07-09-2017 at 02:45 AM.
chaz63 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2017, 01:15 AM   #22
plainolebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz63 View Post
HSH.....most or all the professional horseplayers use that one.....well, the winning ones anyway
What program do the losing professional horseplayers use?
plainolebill is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2017, 02:13 AM   #23
chaz63

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainolebill View Post
Everything else
Old 07-16-2017, 02:58 PM   #24
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainolebill View Post
Anything by RPM...
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2017, 01:41 AM   #25
chaz63

I want to amend my statement....Pandy puts out some excellent products as well...including the only good harness software out there that I know of
Old 07-17-2017, 02:35 AM   #26
acorn54

i have seen and tried alot of horse wagering products. to paraphrase shakespeare ;"the fault lies not with our handicapping tool(s), dear brutus, but within ourselves".
Old 07-21-2017, 01:54 PM   #27
thaskalos

Quote:
i have seen and tried alot of horse wagering products. to paraphrase shakespeare ;"the fault lies not with our handicapping tool(s), dear brutus, but within ourselves".
It's our fault...and it's the merchants' fault as well. In the horse-betting game...there is enough blame to go around.

It's the merchants' fault for lying to us about their products...and it's our fault for being attracted to the lies.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:30 PM   #28
Franco Santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz63 View Post
How do you know? Did they tell you?
Franco Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2017, 07:47 AM   #29
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
It's our fault...and it's the merchants' fault as well. In the horse-betting game...there is enough blame to go around.

It's the merchants' fault for lying to us about their products...and it's our fault for being attracted to the lies.
lets rephrase that ..."and it's our fault for being..... suckers"

mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2017, 09:35 AM   #30
chaz63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Santiago View Post
How do you know? Did they tell you?
Yes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: