Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Old 02-07-2021, 03:26 PM   #16
hracingplyr

That

Will be done this week Greg. Thank you for your concern, but have been busy the last few weeks with a family funeral.
hracingplyr is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2021, 11:07 PM   #17
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hracingplyr View Post
Consistent Handicapping Profits. By E.W. Donaldson written in 1936.

Near as I can tell, the game has change a bit since 1936.
Old 02-09-2021, 12:00 PM   #18
hracingplyr

It

Has changed since 1936. but his concepts still apply to today's racing. Especially the chapters on ground loss exhaustion and the reading of result charts apply very nicely to today's handicapping. Jerry Brown the creator of the thorograph sheets claimed at the handicapping expo in 2004 that this book was an important uncredited source for much of what both thorograph and ragazon sheets do today.
Old 02-09-2021, 04:03 PM   #19
acorn54

hracingplyr there is nothing to gain by trying to convince others to use the insights in the 1936 book, it will only depress the mutuels of the horses that the book focuses on. of course for you, there is the sale of the book, to fellow horseplayers, but that is only temporary income that will eventually dry up.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2021, 06:22 PM   #20
hracingplyr

Not

trying to convince anyone to buy the book just stating facts. then people can decide, nothing more, nothing less. as far as the income from the book that means nothing as part of my profits will be going to PA and the rest goes to our church soup kitchen who feeds the homeless. It will be going to Pa for monthly donations to the board and when it dries up it dries up.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:20 PM   #21
acorn54

hracingplyr. i agree with you about the facts. i was just trying to point out that it makes more sense for you and the people who purchase the book, that it is more profitable to use the content in the book at the parimutuel windows, than to focus on the limited income the book sales will generate. after all we are not communists.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:57 PM   #22
thaskalos

Quote:
trying to convince anyone to buy the book just stating facts. then people can decide, nothing more, nothing less. as far as the income from the book that means nothing as part of my profits will be going to PA and the rest goes to our church soup kitchen who feeds the homeless. It will be going to Pa for monthly donations to the board and when it dries up it dries up.
Very worthy causes, both.

Is there any way we could access this book without a pay pal account?
Old 02-09-2021, 09:59 PM   #23
Clocker

Quote:
Especially the chapters on ground loss exhaustion and the reading of result charts apply very nicely to today's handicapping.

I have been betting horses for over 40 years, and have never head the term "ground loss exhaustion". Perhaps you could explain further.

As to reading of result charts, any good handicapper does that in depth, and has learned how to make use of the data there.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:15 PM   #24
thaskalos

The guy comes here and offers a rare and interesting book at a deep discount, while agreeing to split his profits with the site...and he encounters unwarranted confrontation from "experts", who have obviously "done it all before".
Old 02-09-2021, 11:33 PM   #25
acorn54

if my memory serves me, einstein said, "the more knowledge he got, the more he realized how little he knew", or words to that effect.

and my two cents, instead of trying to pik the book seller's brain about what's in the book, stop being so stingy, and buy the dam book from him and help feed the homeless, for christ sake.

Last edited by acorn54; 02-09-2021 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:47 PM   #26
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
if my memory serves me, einstein said, "the more knowledge he got, the more he realized how little he knew", or words to that effect.

and my two cents, instead of trying to pik the book seller's brain about what's in the book, stop being so stingy, and buy the dam book from him and help feed the homeless, for christ sake.
AMEN!
Old 02-10-2021, 08:30 AM   #27
hracingplyr

Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
I have been betting horses for over 40 years, and have never head the term "ground loss exhaustion". Perhaps you could explain further.

As to reading of result charts, any good handicapper does that in depth, and has learned how to make use of the data there.

About that clocker, I should have put a comma in after ground loss. today we handicappers call exhaustion deceleration.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:00 AM   #28
hracingplyr

Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Very worthy causes, both.

Is there any way we could access this book without a pay pal account?

sure you can pay with a Visa or MasterCard or send me a check, whatever you are comfortable with. Just drop me an e-mail and let me know what you want to do. robertj1949@gmail.com

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: