Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Pace Advantage Toga Party Part XII

Old 07-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #76
magwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
As always Al, thanks for sharing your Saratoga experience!
I look forward to your post thx Al
Old 07-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #77
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Time for the Haskell Day playalong

1: 8
2: 4
3: 3
4: 8
5: 2
6: 6
7: 7
8: 8
9: 6
10: 8
11: 1
12: 1
13: 4
14: 2

Evidently they score WPS, but I'm just going to play my picks WP

As for Saratoga, only the 6th and 11th are off, so the two I wanted to play are still good

4: 8/3+7
7: 10/4+8 The 10 here has a turf pedigree you see a bit over in England
Old 07-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #78
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Switch to the 9 for the first at Mth. Must have missed the scratch of the 8 at first pass. All else now booked.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #79
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

First half of the playalong in and have only gotten back a big 13.40 on the 7 races. Ouch. Better than being shut out I guess. Sun streaming down today and warm. Had some back and forth with Pricci. Kinda sad really. Guess they need to save that turf course for the September jump meet.....

Anybody ever watched Dick Powell on Capitol OTB? Man, not sure what purpose this guy serves. Makes me so glad that New York has guys like Andy, Eric, Jason, Ernie and Richie. This guy has the kind of personality that would make shut ins decide it wasn't worth it to go on....

Hmmmmm...complete dud in the 8th at Monmouth. The beat goes on.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #80
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
An annual Saratoga event has happened. The first bashing of an article by an over the hill turfwriter. I reprint part of his whining here so you don't need to go to his site. …”
Dear Over-The-Mountain Al,
I see that your reviews of stomach-filling services have been expanded to wallet-emptying ones.
Quote:
Had some back and forth with Pricci. Kinda sad really. Guess they need to save that turf course for the September jump meet.....
So NOW you want people to go to his site so they will read that “back and forth?”
Quote:
… Anybody ever watched Dick Powell on Capitol OTB? Man, not sure what purpose this guy serves. Makes me so glad that New York has guys like Andy, Eric, Jason, Ernie and Richie. This guy has the kind of personality that would make shut ins decide it wasn't worth it to go on....
Wow, a double-header! (Or should I say daily double pick?) Powell must be a friend of Pricci’s.

No offense intended to your “Fab Four,” but if I were one of them, I might wonder about the effect of being enshrined by you when your A, B, and C of “terrible” turf writers are all popular award-winners many regard as “terrific.”

Hope your taste in food sellers is more reliable than your vindictive views of turf writers who dare to disagree with your deification of all things NYRA.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #81
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indulto
Dear Over-The-Mountain Al,
I see that your reviews of stomach-filling services have been expanded to wallet-emptying ones. So NOW you want people to go to his site so they will read that “back and forth?”Wow, a double-header! (Or should I say daily double pick?) Powell must be a friend of Pricci’s.

No offense intended to your “Fab Four,” but if I were one of them, I might wonder about the effect of being enshrined by you when your A, B, and C of “terrible” turf writers are all popular award-winners many regard as “terrific.”

Hope your taste in food sellers is more reliable than your vindictive views of turf writers who dare to disagree with your deification of all things NYRA.
Go away.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #82
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Indulto only seems to reserve his deification for those "personalities" who give him the time of day. Right or wrong?
Old 07-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #83
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Indulto only seems to reserve his deification for those "personalities" who give him the time of day. Right or wrong?
You are correct sir. You know, I was going to ask you to wipe those posts out, but after some consideration, I think we should leave them there just in case someone reading doesn't know exactly what Indolto is.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #84
andicap

Quote:
Got 10-1 on a Pletcher and a bad break by the 6. This game ain't easy. Iris starting to sprinkle a bit.
Todd Pletcher longshots are death.

Record at Bel/Aqu and Sar in last year excluding Sunday with horses 8-1 and up
1 for 53, a $22.80 winner

At all tracks he had but three winners at 8-1 and up (including one right at 8-1) in about 100 races.

Fool's Gold

Last edited by andicap; 07-29-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:21 AM   #85
andicap

Correction. I missed one of his 12-1 winners due to it being a dead heat.

He was 4 for 104 at 8-1 and over and 3 for 69 at 10-1 including the dead heat where the horse paid only on 5-1. The highest price was $40 and the overall ROI was pretty poor. Still 1-53 at NYRA at 8-1 and above.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #86
joeprunes

My,MY 10yrs went by quick thanks suff for starting all this and pa for continuing it and making it a great week. Be there 16,17,18th looking forward to see all you guys again. Sorry cj`s dad cant make it hope justin does and my gomba from boston(john).......later
Old 07-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #87
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Hey Joe. Looking forward to seeing you again this year.

Get away day for me. Heading out on the Amtrak in a bit and back on the 9th. Most of my time here this year is in the last half of the meet. Missed a big opportunity Saturday and no luck Sunday, but not down very much with a lot of meet to go, so hoping to turn it around.

Stopped by Comptons for breakfast on the way out. Cheap and filling. Wonder what it looks like in there for the Saturday and Sunday 3am open, but not so curious to find out....We were going to go to Eliabeths Tables as we had heard they were good, but not open Monday. Odd day to pick to be closed.

Am happy to see Alpha winning Saturday as I've liked him for a while. Give Ramon big credit for his smart riding there. Travers should be a pretty good race the way it's shaping up.

Signing off from the Spa. Be back soon!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #88
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicap
Todd Pletcher longshots are death.

Record at Bel/Aqu and Sar in last year excluding Sunday with horses 8-1 and up
1 for 53, a $22.80 winner

At all tracks he had but three winners at 8-1 and up (including one right at 8-1) in about 100 races.

Fool's Gold
One thing I've seen in past years is often it seems when he has two in a race, the higher price one often does well. Caught one of his like that when he had DeCarlo up on the #2.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #89
Storm Cadet

Joe, looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the original gang from the early 2000's on the 17 weekend.

Has anyone ever heard from Suff in the last few years? Hope he is doing OK! Pretty good handicapper.

Great to see Red is coming, its been a long time since he and BillW introduced me to the finer points of bourbon I will pack a bottle of Woodford Reserve for the tent that day in his honor!

PS: the guys who I usually go to Saratoga with on Jim Dandy weekends had to cancel on me, so I stayed home...any NYC or Long Island guys heading up there this or next weekend that want to split the ride on a Saturday?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:37 AM   #90
Red Knave
dGnr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Cadet
Great to see Red is coming, its been a long time since he and BillW introduced me to the finer points of bourbon I will pack a bottle of Woodford Reserve for the tent that day in his honor!
As usual, you are too kind.

However, I'm pretty sure that we introduced you to single malt scotch. And, if I'm not mistaken, BillW had purloined some primo 18 yr old stuff that year. Mmmmm.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you too.

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974