Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #1126
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indulto
Thanks for sharing. I hope it's true that NYRA is bucking the national pattern as I understand it.
You hope that it's true?

What's the matter? Fearful the Bloodhorse is one of those "so aligned" with NYRA that they are making up facts?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #1127
Indulto
Veteran

http://leftatthegate.blogspot.com/2012/07/looking-on-bright-or-less-dark-side.html
Looking on the Bright (or Less Dark) Side
July 19, 2012
Quote:
As far as the NYRA Board members who will be appointed after the Saratoga meet goes, it was highly disturbing to read, in Paul Post's Saratogian piece of July 3, names like Jeff Perlee, who was deeply involved in the Friends of New York Racing/Empire Racing scam, and Sandy Frucher, so highly effective in his stint at NYCOTB. However, other prospective board members mentioned were solid racing people who would have the best interests of the sport at heart. Too early to jump to any dire conclusions thus far.

Of course though, with politicians in control, we can expect bad things to happen no matter what the board ultimately looks like. …

I think that the change at NYRA will alter the dynamics of the debate. No longer will NYRA be viewed as a symbol of dysfunction and corruption, everything wrong about racetracks in the state. It will be the state's creation, presumably completely above board. No longer will it serve as a whipping boy for politicians and newspaper editorial boards. With that element removed from the equation, perhaps, and hopefully, the focus can shift to any attempt to reduce VLT revenue as the job-killing measure it would be, and put a more human face on the horsemen and women who would be affected. Maybe. ...
Indulto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #1128
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
http://leftatthegate.blogspot.com/2012/07/looking-on-bright-or-less-dark-side.html
Looking on the Bright (or Less Dark) Side
July 19, 2012
Why not answer the questions asked instead of being the link provider?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #1129
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Why not answer the questions asked instead of being the link provider?
I'll be happy to go one on one with OA all day ,and to respond to discussion of any of the articles I've linked to, but I've got more interesting things to think about today than taking on the tag-team.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #1130
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
I'll be happy to go one on one with OA all day ,and to respond to discussion of any of the articles I've linked to, but I've got more interesting things to think about today than taking on the tag-team.
It's not what he asked, but in your own way, you answered the question anyway.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #1131
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I was actually talking about the questions PA asked. Do what you like, but I can as well.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #1132
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I was actually talking about the questions PA asked. Do what you like, but I can as well.
That certainly sounded threatening.

I gave YOU an honest answer to YOUR question which I interpreted as you intended. What seems to be the problem now?
Old 07-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #1133
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
That certainly sounded threatening.

I gave YOU an honest answer to YOUR question which I interpreted as you intended. What seems to be the problem now?
You lost me. The owner asked you two questions, and rather than answer you ignored them and posted yet another link. That should be your screen name, link boy.

I'll refresh your memory:

"I'm simply curious as to the last time you attended the races at a NYRA track."

"What's the matter? Fearful the Bloodhorse is one of those "so aligned" with NYRA that they are making up facts?"
Old 07-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #1134
bigmack

Quote:
At Saratoga, it should be a snap. Moe, Larry and Curly could run the show up here and it would make money.
Looks like it's time to call in Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine & Dr. Howard.

Quote:
There were a few glitches, however. Audio problems prevented the popular Talkin’ Horses handicapping segment from being conducted prior to the card. The highly-touted free wireless Internet – introduced for the first time at Saratoga – worked intermittently at best. Later in the day, there was no running water in the bathrooms and jockey quarters, problems reminiscent of the nightmare conditions fans had to endure in the 2008 Belmont Stakes.
http://www.drf.com/news/saratoga-ope...tches-overcome

bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2012, 02:43 AM   #1135
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
You lost me. The owner asked you two questions, and rather than answer you ignored them and posted yet another link. That should be your screen name, link boy.

I'll refresh your memory:

"I'm simply curious as to the last time you attended the races at a NYRA track."

"What's the matter? Fearful the Bloodhorse is one of those "so aligned" with NYRA that they are making up facts?"
I have to give you credit for restraining yourself for 6 months before deciding to jump in with a tag. Was it the HRI reference that did it? Perhaps “his master’s voice” should be your screen name as you seem to be waiting with breathless anticipation for my answer to the owner’s questions in order to hear his likely prepared responses to them. As I’ve never seen the owner at a loss for words of his own, I find your own insertion and indignation far from righteous.

The first thing I do when I fire up my browser is to look for news about NYRA. When I find something of interest to me that I feel will also interest some others here who follow this thread, I save a quote from it that might capture its essence even after the link becomes inactive, and then usually post it immediately. My bolding and underlining of content reflects my interest in it; not necessarily my agreement with it.

I don’t ignore posts by others addressing me. In fact I read them all. But I assume everyone has the right not to respond until they are ready to do so (or not at all if they don’t wish to); especially to posts intended to provoke or discredit them. Does the TOS specify otherwise?

In the case of the owner’s posts, I can no longer respond quickly and casually because I’m under the additional pressure that my next post could be my last. No give and take is possible when I have to be careful to avoid provoking him into banning me. I hope to respond, but only when I think I fully understand the context of his remarks and/or questions.
Quote:
If being so aligned with NYRA makes one a stooge, what does being so aligned AGAINST NYRA make one?

When was the last time you attended the races at a NYRA track?
I had believed the two statements were related (PA said they were not) and that my specific remark to OA was being generalized to justify the insertion of remarks in support of that poster by others (PA did not respond to that).
Quote:
Don't read so much into things...my two statements had nothing to do with one another.

I'm simply curious as to the last time you attended the races at a NYRA track. You come across as someone who has some serious skin in the NYRA game, so I'd like to know the last time you were physically present at one of their plants.
Perhaps YOU are reading too much into things as well.

That post contained some nice alliteration, so I was about to look up what “skin in the NYRA game” meant when a third sarcastic post (that you repeated above) appeared and challenged the wording of my response to Tom about the Blood-Horse article. My first reaction normally would have been to point out that HANA had already corrected similar stats that the CHRB had likewise provided to the media, as well as to suggest it was possible that an organization that couldn’t keep track of takeout rates might have introduced errors in other data summaries, but I figured it would just inflame the situation. The content of those 3 posts by the owner may not be related, but the intent obviously is.

PA already knows that I’m a CA resident, and am at best an infrequent visitor to New York. The last time was for a funeral -- not to go to the track. If he has been delaying disparagement depending on my attendance (or absence) during specific periods of time, then he can probably make (and share) a case for all periods.

No one is being ignored. Posting status fragility makes it harder to satisfy curiosity in the face of hostility.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:35 AM   #1136
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Where IS that VOMIT emoticon damn it?!?!?!

I had no "prepared responses," and even if I did, your terribly moving "I can't speak freely as the Sword of Damocles dangles above my head" has made me so emotional, there's no way short of a teleprompter that I'd be able to remember them at this point.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #1137
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Where IS that VOMIT emoticon damn it?!?!?!

I had no "prepared responses," and even if I did, your terribly moving "I can't speak freely as the Sword of Damocles dangles above my head" has made me so emotional, there's no way short of a teleprompter that I'd be able to remember them at this point.
That was funny.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #1138
Indulto
Veteran

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editorials/coming_for_the_horse_head_PNp3oTAMZLSupkJbk8vd0I
Coming for the horse’s head
July 21, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
A source familiar with Cuomo’s plans says a search process for both a new president and board members is soliciting “interest from people around the country, and the selection won’t be limited to New Yorkers.”

… Indeed, his team is going as far afield as Kentucky to find new people to help run Empire State horseracing. …
Old 07-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #1139
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Link Boy was funnier.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #1140
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

What is HRI?

All that just to not answer two simple questions? Your bias is pretty clear. I think that is the point. You gave it away with your comments about the handle. You pretend use Link Boy to inform, but you only inform the negative with your hand selected quotes, bolded workds, and underlines. It does seem odd for somebody that doesn't bet or attend the races.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: