Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #31
ghostyapper

Yup you know you've got the best of someone when discussing horses when they break out the psycho analysis how you are a terrible person and they are wonderful. Enjoy the rest of your life "living on the track"
ghostyapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #32
Hanover1

yapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyapper
Yup you know you've got the best of someone when discussing horses when they break out the psycho analysis how you are a terrible person and they are wonderful. Enjoy the rest of your life "living on the track"
Looks like I opened up a junk folder...hate it when that happens.
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #33
mostpost

Quote:
Wow great point. Secretariat could get 10 furlongs so that automatically means rachel can get it. I guess she could have ran 12 furlongs in 2.24 as well.
Thank you for your kind wor....w a i t a m i n u t e. You were being sarcastic.......weren't you.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:22 PM   #34
mostpost

Could someone please explain the certainty that Rachel Alexandra cannot run 10 furlongs and win against colts. Her breeding strongly suggests she can. DI of 1.55..CD of .43. Her sire, Medaglia de Oro won the Travers, finished second in the Breeders Cup classic twice, and in the Dubai Cup. He also finished second in the Belmont Stakes at one and one half miles. Rachel Alexandra hs the running style to get a distance. She is tractable and relaxes nicely during a race.

I know that some here are basing their opinion on the Preakness in which MTB was closing at the wire. IMO that was not a good indicator. She only had two weeks between races, but more important the decision to run in the Preakness was made late. They really didn't have a chance to train her as they should. I think the Haskell was a better indicator. She won in near track record time and, if you watched the gallup out, she was still pulling Borel on the backstretch after the race.

Some people pride themselves on being skeptics. They won't believe it can be done until it is done. Fine, when you're handicapping, but when expressing an opinion...........
Old 08-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #35
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

The very fast pace in the Preakness was what enabled Mine That Bird to close in late. The fact he couldn't get her makes her even more impressive to me than some of those huge wins.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #36
Hanover1

RA=all day

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Could someone please explain the certainty that Rachel Alexandra cannot run 10 furlongs and win against colts. Her breeding strongly suggests she can. DI of 1.55..CD of .43. Her sire, Medaglia de Oro won the Travers, finished second in the Breeders Cup classic twice, and in the Dubai Cup. He also finished second in the Belmont Stakes at one and one half miles. Rachel Alexandra hs the running style to get a distance. She is tractable and relaxes nicely during a race.

I know that some here are basing their opinion on the Preakness in which MTB was closing at the wire. IMO that was not a good indicator. She only had two weeks between races, but more important the decision to run in the Preakness was made late. They really didn't have a chance to train her as they should. I think the Haskell was a better indicator. She won in near track record time and, if you watched the gallup out, she was still pulling Borel on the backstretch after the race.

Some people pride themselves on being skeptics. They won't believe it can be done until it is done. Fine, when you're handicapping, but when expressing an opinion...........
IMO if not rushed to next start, she indeed runs all day but may have company. QR is on a tall mission from hot 6-1/2f to wiring them in Travers, but Fla Derby shows he is real. Only knock is 2nd out after layoff may not be his best route effort-if RA wants some of that, now would be the time, not when QR is tighter. I believe she will uncork one for the ages, its just a question of when and where.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #37
Hanover1

Routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee
How many 10 furlong races against the colts has she missed?
They run routs at 10f every week-G1/G2/G3 all over the country. If it were a matter of proving something to someone, she would have been in the box already, somewhere......her time will come.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #38
Hanover1

Quote:
The best of me is reserved for folks that rate well...you are out of hand. Very sour, rank, cant rate, and ill mannered. Plenty like that in claiming ranks..
Old 08-21-2009, 01:53 AM   #39
Tee

In what country does this take place? Sure isn't the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
They run routs at 10f every week-G1/G2/G3 all over the country.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:17 AM   #40
Hanover1

Where??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee
In what country does this take place? Sure isn't the United States.
Have you ever looked a a condition book? Ever owned one? DRF or local newspaper only give you 1 or 2 days of information, so its hard for you to see upcoming races at any meet-most trainers have several condition books at one time allowing them to pick a race to suit his horse at any time-including 10f races. They are not some novelty/rare race, ran all the time. A trainer can even get a race written for him if needed, and race secretary feels box will fill. This includes 10f races. They in no hurry to rach RA at 10f-shes tons the best wherever she goes at this point-her time will come. Not talking cheap overnight racetrack. Horsae may have to ship, but 10f race is found if needeed.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:30 AM   #41
Java Gold@TFT

Quote:
Coincidentally the longest race of her career also happened to be her narrowest margin of defeat.
It's called a margin of VICTORY. Margins of defeat are what MTB sees in his chart.
Java Gold@TFT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2009, 05:54 AM   #42
Java Gold@TFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
They run routs at 10f every week-G1/G2/G3 all over the country. If it were a matter of proving something to someone, she would have been in the box already, somewhere......her time will come.
Since your premise is that these Graded stakes are run all of the time please list the 10F graded stakes races you think she should have run in so far. Leave out everything before the Derby. Jackson didn't have her and her previous owner wasn't going to run her in a G-I against colts for his own reasons. Leave out the turf races for older males and synth races like the Big Cap. I'll help jumpstart your list:

#1 Coaching Club American Oaks
#2 The Suburban
#3 Delaware H.?
#4, ummm, your turn now

Did you want her to run in the Donn? The DWC doesn't meet your premise about running in the states. I'll even be generous and let you include the Belmont in your list even if it wasn't at 10F. Maybe she should have run in that 2 mile marathon at Saratoga last week but it wasn't a graded stakes. I can't remember another race so far this year at the Spa (her base of operations) that was longer than 9F that wasn't on the turf or a steeplechase. Now, there's an idea. If she is so great she should be able to run 2 3/8ths miles over jumps. Damn Jess for keeping her from proving her greatness!
Java Gold@TFT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2009, 07:20 AM   #43
ghostyapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Gold@TFT
Since your premise is that these Graded stakes are run all of the time please list the 10F graded stakes races you think she should have run in so far. Leave out everything before the Derby. Jackson didn't have her and her previous owner wasn't going to run her in a G-I against colts for his own reasons. Leave out the turf races for older males and synth races like the Big Cap. I'll help jumpstart your list:

#1 Coaching Club American Oaks
#2 The Suburban
#3 Delaware H.?
#4, ummm, your turn now

Did you want her to run in the Donn? The DWC doesn't meet your premise about running in the states. I'll even be generous and let you include the Belmont in your list even if it wasn't at 10F. Maybe she should have run in that 2 mile marathon at Saratoga last week but it wasn't a graded stakes. I can't remember another race so far this year at the Spa (her base of operations) that was longer than 9F that wasn't on the turf or a steeplechase. Now, there's an idea. If she is so great she should be able to run 2 3/8ths miles over jumps. Damn Jess for keeping her from proving her greatness!
Then run in the travers. Don't give us crap about having nothing to prove against colts or how her connections already have a runner in there that needs the race for breeding prospects.

Last edited by ghostyapper; 08-21-2009 at 07:27 AM.
ghostyapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #44
Nikki1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Rachel Alexamdra will have NO problem with 10 furlongs against colts. People were questioning Secretariat's ability to get a mile and a quarter before the 1973 Kentucky Derby. We saw how that turned out.
You're partially right. However, people weren't questioning Secretariat's ability to get 1 1/4, they were questioning his ability to get the Belmont distance of 1 1/2 miles, because he was by Bold Ruler and no BR had gotten that distance. By the time these questions came up, he'd already established the Derby record, which does still stand. I find it absolutely absurd to have Rachel's name and Secretariat's name in the same sentence. As nice as she is, he'd smash her heart to pieces. Being a fan of a horse is a large part of racing, but let's not go from the sublime to the ridiculous.
Nikki1997 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #45
11cashcall

Quote:
For an all time great they are very secretive with her campaign. Definitely not a "come and get me" attitude.
Something's amiss imo.When i first read that their waiting on a couple of things,i thought ok maybe the RA vs Zen. race but Jackson ruled that out.

In more than one article JJ mentions Phil. Park as as possibility.

In anycase i 'll looking at the sheets very closely.
11cashcall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply