Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-19-2023, 12:23 AM   #61
Inner Dirt

I somehow lost the bottom half of my post due to the 15 min rule, I did not even remember editing. I will rewrite it in a while, I am done freezing my back and need to go work 30-45 min or until it thaws out.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2023, 12:45 AM   #62
MargieRose

Some context regarding Vivek's statements about pardoning Hunter Biden and his position on Taiwan:

RE: Hunter Biden:

'What the heck, Vivek?' Voters demand Vivek clarify his stance on a Hunter Biden pardon

Quote:
“After the I am leading the great revival. After we have shut down the FBI, after we have refurbished the Department of Justice, after we have systemically pardoned anyone who was a victim of a political motivated persecution — from Donald Trump and peaceful January 6 protests — then would I would be open to evaluating pardons for members of the Biden family in the interest of moving the nation forward,” the 38-year-old biotech millionaire told The Post.
Quote:
...it seems clear Vivek was open to pardoning Hunter and other Bidens as long as there was a full reckoning, first. This isn't an unheard of stance. Lincoln suggested much the same for national healing.
RE: Taiwan:

Vivek Ramaswamy...floating plan to let China attack Taiwan after 2028

Quote:
Chinese General Secretary Xi Jinping should postpone any invasion of Taiwan until after the United States achieves “semiconductor independence” by 2028, according to Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy.

“I’m being very clear: Xi Jinping should not mess with Taiwan until we have achieved semiconductor independence, until the end of my first term when I will lead us there,” Ramaswamy said Monday. "And after that, our commitments to Taiwan, our commitments to be willing to go to military conflict, will change after that, because that’s rationally in our self-interest.”
Quote:
So Hewitt pressed him about whether he would really be willing to “fire the first shot” if Xi forged ahead with an invasion of Taiwan before 2028. Ramaswamy demurred, maintaining that a combination of diplomatic and defense maneuvers, including “pull[ing] Russia out of the military alliance with China,” moving U.S. submarines to the Indo-Pacific, and monthly or weekly transits of the Taiwan Strait by U.S. destroyers, would ensure that China would never call the question.

“That will collectively send enough of a signal, combined with my strategic clarity, that the date we take seriously is 2028, the end of my first term when I will lead us to semiconductor independence,” he said.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2023, 02:03 AM   #63
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Russia is already in China's lap...and nobody, including Vivek, will ever be able to pry them out of there...thanks to the US neocons who have been itching for a war in Ukraine 15+ years now...we are the dumbest country on the planet.
Old 08-19-2023, 07:33 AM   #64
pandy

Vivek is likable but he's obviously schilling for Trump. Some of his ideas are just soundbites to get attention. He wants to fire 20,000 FBI agents and 75% of bureaucrats. Since that will never happen, it's nonsense. Fox News and the rest of the right-wing media are pushing him (and Trump) but Vivek has zero chance of getting the nomination.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2023, 09:40 AM   #65
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
Vivek is likable but he's obviously schilling for Trump. Some of his ideas are just soundbites to get attention. He wants to fire 20,000 FBI agents and 75% of bureaucrats. Since that will never happen, it's nonsense. Fox News and the rest of the right-wing media are pushing him (and Trump) but Vivek has zero chance of getting the nomination.
Agree, he's looking for the #2 spot.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2023, 10:15 AM   #66
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
So what you're saying is...there is no perfect candidate...no shock there
Yes, you are right there is no perfect GOP candidate (besides Trump, of course --ha ha).

All I am really doing, as a public service to all my friends here on PA, is to remind everyone that the current GOP 'flavor du jour' has flaws that must not be overlooked.

The establishment 'conservative' media is all against Donald Trump, as we all know. So right now, Vivek is the next, new thing.

Our first flavor du jour, the shrill Ron DeSantis, has proven he can't win, he is not capable to being President and his sinking poll numbers -- against a back drop of 24/7 hate Trump all-the-time media, no less -- told us all we need to know about DeSantis.

The more you know DeSantis and what he's all about, the less you like him. Put a fork in this guy and thank God that we know about him now, and not in 2028 and beyond.

Today's flavor du jour, is Vivek. He almost won me over as possible Veep or Commerce secretary in Trump's 2024 White House. I confess; I like people who can speak well in public and articulate a thought or position. Too bad 97.5% of all Republicans do not have this basic skill. Shameful, yet ever telling.

But, anyone that says he'll look the other way if China invades Taiwan, as has Vivek, has ended the relationship before the first date. Add to the fact that in his first life as a tech CEO his top legal advisor was/is a Democrat operative with deep strong ties to both Biden and Obama. The more things change, the more they remain the same ...

Let's wait for the next flower to bloom in the Fox Corp./GOP thorn garden.

My bets are in no particular order: Tim Scott, especially if he does well in the debate and two governors, Glenn Youngkin and Brian Kemp. The latter two are smart enough to try and back away this cycle and wait for 2027. Both would be excellent picks in a Trump-less world but that's not so. If Trump does drop dead, both will announce their interest before the body hits the ground.

Looks to me like Scott will get this push as the not Trump GOP alternative which won't work because eventually Trump is the nominee and our next President. Still, Scott fits the disingenuous establishment GOP mold: he's short, he mumbles, he's fat, weak, closeted and wait for it, he's black! The last helps because the Democrats then won't call him a racist. .
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2023, 11:18 AM   #67
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Looks to me like Scott will get this push as the not Trump GOP alternative which won't work because eventually Trump is the nominee and our next President. Still, Scott fits the disingenuous establishment GOP mold: he's short, he mumbles, he's fat, weak, closeted and wait for it, he's black! The last helps because the Democrats then won't call him a racist. .
But he is the "Black Whisperer for white supremacy".

You can't make this stuff up!

https://news.yahoo.com/tim-scott-pro...VRcxVOCsiZRVqK
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2023, 12:40 PM   #68
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
But he is the "Black Whisperer for white supremacy".

You can't make this stuff up!

https://news.yahoo.com/tim-scott-pro...VRcxVOCsiZRVqK

From the article:

Harris, adding that white supremacist domestic terrorism is “one of the greatest threats to our national security.”

Why doesn't a Republican grow a pair and call out Democrats when they spew lies and foster hatred like this? I challenge any Democrat to total all the destruction of property, deaths, and serious life threatening injuries that mentioned group has caused. Compare it to black street gangs and BLM.

How stupid do you have to be to believe the lies?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2023, 08:36 PM   #69
ElKabong

You didn't listen to the clip, obviously. I'll link it below. Vivek stated he'd defend Taiwan aggressively until 2028 (his 1rst term) with the goal of making America chip independent by then. After that, why would China consider invading Taiwan ? Civil War reasons? VR correctly states he's not on board shedding American blood over a Civil War scenario overseas

What he clearly stated was, China at the moment can invade Taiwan, sending our economy down the shitter. The world's sc chips supply would be solely controlled by China. The USA cannot let that happen, thus he'd arm the region to the teeth, ready to defend on a moments notice.

That's called America First. I'm in, and won't rely on national review or Washington examiner to twist truth. I listened to the entire interview, Hewitt asked the same question a dozen times. Expected a different answer but VR didn't budge

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2023, 08:41 PM   #70
ElKabong

To add in regards to the clip, notice how posters are 99 % in favor of VRs stances, and very critical of Hewitt's angle of attacks. It was obvious.

This why I ignore sites like wash examiner and national review etc. They're just filters for who pays / feeds them
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply